Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Senate Presidency Zoned In South West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency Zoned In South West (1633 Views)

64 Senators Endorse Bukola Saraki For Senate Presidency / APC Has Not Zoned VP-Slot To SW / Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by Oladhayor(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2011
Senate presidency has been zoned in south west nd it is left 4 ekiti pple to decide if it wil b re -zone or not
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by brosd2: 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2011
What is your source please?
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by gernded(m): 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2011
WHAT IS THE SOURCE ,ANYWAY I DONT SEE ANYBODY FROM SOUT WEST WHO WILL BE ENTRUSTED WITH SENATE LEADERSHIP,THE SENATE SEAT MAYBE RETAINED BY MARK OR MAY MOVE TO SOUTH EAST TO UCHE CHUKWUMERIJE OR ENYINNAYA ABARIBE,

STOP DREAMING.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by jason123: 2:23pm On Apr 26, 2011
lol!!! ;d ;d
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2011
I will not be suprised if David Mark retains his seat as Senate President.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by zstranger: 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2011
http://odili.net/news/source/2011/apr/23/507.html

ACN senator can’t be Senate President –Arise
From BOLU-OLU ESHO, Ado-Ekiti

Saturday, April 23, 2011
The senator representing Ekiti North Senatorial District, Ayo Arise, has debunked the claim by Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, that an Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) senator was qualified to become the Senate President if the position is zoned to the South West.

advertisement

Arise noted that the performance of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the National Assembly election, had put it in comfortable lead. He said that he had never heard in the history of any nation where the minority leads the legislative house, adding that the governor was just trying to hoodwink the electorate into voting for his party.

Governor Fayemi had on Wednesday at the Government House Golf pitch told some artisans and farmers who gathered to collect working tools being distributed by the state government at subsidized rates that the PDP had been selling a dummy to the people that it was only a second term senator that could become the Senate President. Fayemi stated that PDP was only peddling such rumour so that the people of the state could vote for their candidates running for second term in the Senate, so as to give the state an opportunity of securing the senate president slot.

Fayemi, however, told the people that a member of his party could be made the senate president even if he’s a first term senator. Arise dismissed the claim of Governor Fayemi that he had been approached by some chieftains of PDP to reach alliance with ACN to allow PDP senatorial candidate to win the election so that the state can get the senate president slot.

Arise said he had not spoken with him for the past two months, explaining that the last time he spoke with him was when President Goodluck Jonathan came for his presidential rally in Ado-Ekiti. “Although I’m free to talk to him because my party didn’t say I should since I am Ekiti senator and not my party senator. The last time I called his line he didn’t pick it and has not called back.

I called that I wanted to tell him that our people (PDP agents) were not allowed at polling units in his town, Isan, during the presidential election because he might not be aware of that. But he didn’t pick my calls. All I want is free, fair and credible election in the state so that the will of the people could prevail,” Arise said.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by baksonlee: 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2011
Senator Hosea Agboola (Oyo North PDP)  90% confirmed
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by 1025: 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2011
what we have in this country is a group of useless idiots with criminal minds. yesterday, we were told that zoning means nothing as we needed the best candidate which according to wise men was jonathan. today we have zoning which will no longer consider the best candidate.
who is really fooling who? are we holding to zoning or not?
what is our direction as a country?
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by OAM4J: 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2011
That will be a big slap on the Ndigbo who gave Jonathan more than 80% block vote nau.

I dont want to believe it jor. ermmm, source plss.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by zstranger: 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2011
^^^

Who cares about Ndigbo? Ndigbos were meant to be used and discarded like a dirty tampon; GEJ just wanted to use them for his selfish ambition.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by EzeUche3(m): 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2011
baksonlee:

Senator Hosea Agboola (Oyo North PDP)  90% confirmed

Wrong!

He will be a first term senator and will not have the clout to win the Senate presidency.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by aljharem(m): 3:02pm On Apr 26, 2011
after 99% vote for PDP

i dey laff ooo
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by zstranger: 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2011
alj harem:

after 99% vote for PDP

i dey laff ooo

I dey laugh with you Alhaji

Ibos are mumus, I tell ya.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by 2mch(m): 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2011
Smart Adeyemi of PDP should get it under normal and uncorrupt circumstances. He seems like a very decent guy, i wonder what he is still doing in PDP. undecided. His people came out and voted for him massively in Kogi. He seems to be the only PDP guy with a conscience. shocked
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by nwabobo: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2011
andy uba ;d
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by aljharem(m): 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2011
nwabobo:

[size=16pt]andy uba[/size] ;d
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

it is not only andy uba why not handy guns grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by aljharem(m): 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2011
zstranger:

I dey laugh with you Alhaji

Ibos are mumus, I tell ya.

do not add there name to this zstrange

but yes me too they laff grin
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by EkoIle1: 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2011
*The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ*

Sounds more like *The SE (Igbo) Should Be Slapped Mercilessly For Supporting GEJ*

And it's a given that they are not even going to get speaker sef,

I dey laff out of control o, lmao

Sucks to be ibo for real
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by 2mch(m): 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

*The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ*

Sounds more like *The SE (Igbo) Should Be Slapped Mercilessly For Supporting GEJ*

And it's a given that they are not even going to get speaker sef,

I dey laff out of control o, lmao

Sucks to be ibo for real

Why the insult na. Igbo's did not say anything on this thread. It is best you dont fall to the level of the Igbo's on Nairaland that do these things, because they have mental problems. Who ever wins the Senate presidency this time around may deserve it. It will also not be so easy for the person because the house now has other party members in it. So it is not an enviable position to be in. undecided. We need someone that can do the job well.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by Olaedo1: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2011
This is funny. The SW didn't pull its weight, so they have no say-so in who gets senate presidency.It is only possible for them to get that position if the other zones decide to take opposite postions. The SW has relegated themselves to the back. Too bad.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by EkoIle1: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2011
2mch:

Why the insult na. Igbo's did not say anything on this thread. It is best you dont fall to the level of the Igbo's on Nairaland that do these things, because they have mental problems. Who ever wins the Senate presidency this time around may deserve it. It will also not be so easy for the person because the house now has other party members in it. So it is not an enviable position to be in. undecided. We need someone that can do the job well.

Unfortunately, this is politics, not insults. Of what use is your boastful support if at the end of the day, you remain at the bottom of everything?

And please, let's not get carried away, this is not about appointing the best man for the job strictly because it's not the PDP way, it's more like appointment based on tribal and zonal consideration. This is the  PDP way, make up and culture. Zoning is not the best way to recruit the best candidate for any position.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by xreal: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2011
brosd2:
What is your source please?

gernded:

WHAT IS THE SOURCE ,ANYWAY I DONT SEE ANYBODY FROM SOUT WEST WHO WILL BE ENTRUSTED WITH SENATE LEADERSHIP,THE SENATE SEAT MAYBE RETAINED BY MARK OR MAY MOVE TO SOUTH EAST TO UCHE CHUKWUMERIJE OR ENYINNAYA ABARIBE,

STOP DREAMING.
Where have you guys been since '99? . . . hibernating? Don't you study political trends at all?
Beleive me you don't need a 'source' at all times. - THINK!

@OP
You right, Senate Presidency's seat is dancing towards Kwara (PiDiPi offcourse).
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by Rhino5dm: 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2011
Monkey (SE) don work finish, baboon (SW) go chop. cheesy cheesy

Bulk and massive rigging indeed. shior!

Igbo will always be Igob. sell your conscience for peanuts.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by Nadanbata: 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2011
looooooool ^^

99% PDP  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by abadaba(m): 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2011
I feel sorry for all this dirty pigs here who feel Ndigbo are wrong to choose a leader of their choice. Sorry pigs, It does not matter who becomes the senate president. S. W did not vote for Obasanjo in '99 yet he was made a president. Ndigbo voting for GJ does not mean they so much desire that position. It is just a matter of voting out that coupist called Buhari.
I hope this settles in your empty skulls. Pigs.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by EzeUche3(m): 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2011
abadaba:

I feel sorry for all this dirty pigs here who feel Ndigbo are wrong to choose a leader of their choice. Sorry pigs, It does not matter who becomes the senate president. S. W did not vote for Obasanjo in '99 yet he was made a president. Ndigbo voting for GJ does not mean they so much desire that position. It is just a matter of voting out that coupist called Buhari.
I hope this settles in your empty skulls. Pigs.

Why do you even bother?

I keep on telling you to ignore them. undecided
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2011
I did not know that PDP used to zone power based on %vote share.

Why do some people seek every avenue to deride the Igbos?

I don't know how you people think any of this makes you look.

I was not necessarily a supporter of GEJ but I must say it was good to see the SE stand for something and see it to the end. I do not think SE should be worried about what they can get from the Jonathan Presidency because the SE can only be developed by the ingenuity of everyday Enterpreneurs, Inventors, Teachers and Scientists on the streets of the East. The Igbo man is not interested in handouts from any central Government, we trust our individualism and capacity to do things for ourselves. All we ask is that which the individual can not do like Security, Roads etc then Govt should do.

But more importantly I think now it is up to the South South to judge for themselves who their truest friends and allies should be. For that is the significance of the 99% vote. Not the clamour for any Senate President. Because personally I will not be suprised to see David Mark retain his post.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately, this is politics, not insults. Of what use is your boastful support if at the end of the day, you remain at the bottom of everything?

And please, let's not get carried away, this is not about appointing the best man for the job strictly because it's not the PDP way, it's more like appointment based on tribal and zonal consideration. This is the PDP way, make up and culture. Zoning is not the best way to recruit the best candidate for any position.

what and what is bottom of Everything?

A lot of you need to grow up, to be honest. You are all kids. The moment anybody from the East makes noise about appointment you who come here to deride us of being at the bottom of everything will turn arround to accuse the Igbos of greed. Do you people listen to yourselves at all?
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by abadaba(m): 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2011
mikeansy:

I did not know that PDP used to zone power based on %vote share.

Why do some people seek every avenue to deride the Igbos?

I don't know how you people think any of this makes you look.

I was not necessarily a supporter of GEJ but I must say it was good to see the SE stand for something and see it to the end. I do not think SE should be worried about what they can get from the Jonathan Presidency because the SE can only be developed by the ingenuity of everyday Enterpreneurs, Inventors, Teachers and Scientists on the streets of the East. The Igbo man is not interested in handouts from any central Government, we trust our individualism and capacity to do things for ourselves. All we ask is that which the individual can not do like Security, Roads etc then Govt should do.

But more importantly I think now it is up to the South South to judge for themselves who their truest friends and allies should be. For that is the significance of the 99% vote. Not the clamour for any Senate President. Because personally I will not be suprised to see David Mark retain his post.

WISE ONE, WELL DONE.
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by zstranger: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2011
mikeansy:

what and what is bottom of Everything?

A lot of you need to grow up, to be honest. You are all kids. The moment anybody from the East makes noise about appointment you who come here to deride us of being at the bottom of everything will turn arround to accuse the Igbos of greed. Do you people listen to yourselves at all?

It is our show.

Our job is to talk and think, your job is to listen and follow-follow, as usual. grin
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2011
zstranger:

It is our show.

Our job is to talk and think, your job is to listen and follow-follow, as usual. grin

You are the youngest kid in the house.

I have not got your time. Go about exploiting the anonymity the internet gives by spewing all the hate filled in you. FOOL!!!!
Re: Senate Presidency Zoned In South West by EzeUche3(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2011
mikeansy:

You are the youngest kid in the house.

I have not got your time. Go about exploiting the anonymity the internet gives by spewing all the hate filled in you. FOOL!!!!

Ouch!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Death Is After President Goodluck Jonathan - Apostle Babatunde / Acn List Of Chairmen And Councillors For The Forth Coming Lg Polls In Lagos / Listen To Bbc Newshour Now: Asking If Nigeria Is Becoming Ungovernable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.