Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,524 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic (678 Views)

Lagos Traffic Jams Disappear But This Isn't Good News For Nigeria - BBC / Lagos LP Rally: Hooligans Stabbing People In Lagos Traffic - Kayode Akintemi) / Soyinka: FG Has Given Up On Fight Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by VaselineCrew: 2:48pm On May 09, 2021
Sigh

What more can I say?

Chaotic untrained drivers, bashing each other’s cars, not adhering to road rules...

They won’t even stay in their lanes

Why are black people like this?

It’s so frustrating driving or going about in Lagos, and God help you if there is traffic, then all the madness just comes out. People even drive in the bush to bypass the traffic and later have to merge back into the road, causing even more chaos

Danfo won’t obey any law, and no justice

What kind of country is this when you can’t even get 10% justice on Danfos stopping on the road, bashing people’s cars...

Defenders of the black race will say, I should be proud of the country, but... like

Have you seen your people driving like pure animals?

They won’t even let you enter their front, for any reason whatsoever... until you find an angel driver that gives you “chance”; a one in a million type driver in Lagos/Nigeria. Where are they all rushing to?

Sorry for my disjointed rants, with no proper structure, I’m just super pissed some situations in naij, and the drivers, oh the drivers!

What a disorganized society.

Black people why?

Have you ever driven in a different country before? Where it’s like a video game?

Then you drive in black man Nigeria and the headaches, pains, soul sucking traffic, wicked evil drivers, and the mostly untrained drivers...

In all this, police sitting at junction gusting, when there is money to be made from catching all these people.

I’m done abeg
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 09, 2021
No functional traffic lights

Even if there is, nobody would like to obey the signals

Nigeria is yet to develop to that aspect
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by VaselineCrew: 3:44pm On May 09, 2021
Grgton:
No functional traffic lights

Even if there is, nobody would like to obey the signals

Nigeria is yet to develop to that aspect

But aren’t blacks and whites both humans?

Anyways thank God for Sunday, one can peacefully run errands
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by helinues: 3:51pm On May 09, 2021
If not short distance, forget driving on Lagos road..
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by opalu: 4:04pm On May 09, 2021
Atleast they dont have huge taxes on their heads or drive cars on credit going to houses on bigger mortgages to be paid. When you look at the negative sides, you look at the positives and cheer up.
If you want a community where no such hold ups and rough driving, go to Banana island or some parts of Lagos. You can even go to Abuja or Akure or Enugu G.R.A etc
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 09, 2021
VaselineCrew:

okay
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 09, 2021
opalu:
Atleast they dont have huge taxes on their heads or drive cars on credit going to houses on bigger mortgages to be paid. When you look at the negative sides, you look at the positives and cheer up.
If you want a community where no such hold ups and rough driving, go to Banana island or some parts of Lagos. You can even go to Abuja or Akure or Enugu G.R.A etc
all these cities you mentioned, do they have functional traffic lights Well marked roads,with signs??

Now the citizen, even if these facilities are installed, most Nigerians would ignore it.

Rate Nigeria's road infrastructure to other countries in Africa, you would notice that Nigeria still has a long way to go...
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by BigBashiru: 4:39pm On May 09, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Sigh

What more can I say?

Chaotic untrained drivers, bashing each other’s cars, not adhering to road rules...

It’s so frustrating driving or going about in Lagos, and God help you if there is traffic, then all the madness just comes out. People even drive in the bush to bypass the traffic and later have to merge back into the road, causing even more chaos

What kind of country is this when you can’t even get 10% justice on Danfos stopping on the road, bashing people’s cars...

Defenders of the black race will say, I should be proud of the country, but... like

They won’t even let you enter their front, for any reason whatsoever... until you find an angel driver that gives you “chance”; a one in a million type driver in Lagos/Nigeria. Where are they all rushing to?

Sorry for my disjointed rants, with no proper structure, I’m just super pissed some situations in naij, and the drivers, oh the drivers!

Black people why?

Have you ever driven in a different country before? Where it’s like a video game?

Then you drive in black man Nigeria and the headaches, pains, soul sucking traffic, wicked evil drivers, and the mostly untrained drivers...

In all this, police sitting at junction gusting, when there is money to be made from catching all these people.

I’m done abeg

China is like that too.... it's not only in Nigeria but it's much worse in Nigeria....
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by BigBashiru: 4:41pm On May 09, 2021
VaselineCrew:

I'm glad you are asking the right questions...they will soon come and start blaming their favourite scape goat - Mr President.
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 09, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Ghana, South Africa ain't they blacks too ??
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by BigBashiru: 4:44pm On May 09, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Sigh

What more can I say?

Black people why?

I’m done abeg

Even to mark lanes in Lagos and Abuja is hard for these black ppl claiming equality with oyinbos
Re: I’ve Almost Given Up On Nigerian Driving And Lagos Traffic by BigBashiru: 4:57pm On May 09, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Sigh

What more can I say?

Black people why?

I’m done abeg

"The black man is unable to govern himself" - PW Botha

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Nation: Nigerians Leaving The Country In Hordes (Video) / Again Facebook Delete Buhari Civil War Post / Systemic Looting At NIRSAL - Jackson Ude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.