Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra (953 Views)

Vehicles Loaded With Ammunition And IED’s Intercepted In Ikorodu, Lagos / Amotekun Operatives Intercept Trucks With Ammunition Hidden Under Grass In Ekiti / Truck Loaded With Ammunition Intercepted In Ogun By Security Personnel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by Minjim: 6:45pm On May 09, 2021
A truck loaded with ammunition on Sunday fell in Onitsha, Anambra State.

Cartons of live bullets scattered on the road as the truck fell into a ditch and spilt its content.

While the driver of the truck was arrested by the police, his conductor fled.

A source told our correspondent, “The incident occurred on the Awka Road,” adding, “It was discovered by those going to the church early in the morning”.

“The incident has attracted heavy security presence to the Awka Road Area and ShopRite axis of the city.

“The truck, a Mercedes Benz 911 model. was moving the goods out of Onitsha to a yet-to-be-identified location when the driver lost control before it skidded off the road and fell into a gutter.

Another source said, “The truck fell around 5am. The driver and his conductor after sustaining minor injuries tried to evacuate and conceal the contents of the truck but they could not do much before daybreak when some police operatives arrived at the scene and discovered the truck was laden with live bullets.

“The police called for backup and arrested the truck driver while his conductor escaped.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, IkengTochukwu said, “I have not been briefed about the incident. I will get back to you when I get the details.”

https://punchng.com/police-arrest-driver-as-truck-loaded-with-ammunition-falls-in-anambra/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by Minjim: 6:47pm On May 09, 2021
Igbos! shocked
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by Baawaa(m): 6:47pm On May 09, 2021
God love this country, who knows where is heading to
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by CandyOps(m): 6:51pm On May 09, 2021
I've asked my police friends and they're saying the attacks isn't from IPOB. What in the heck is going on.

This next election go be fire for fire o. Make e no be say na PDP startegy be this.. or maybe it could. But then it doesn't answer the question, why the East alone?

Or... It could be BH. But then BH could have claimed responsibility if it was them.

Nawao

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2021
Omo
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by tit(f): 7:23pm On May 09, 2021
Fake news
Cartridges are not illegal, anyway.
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 09, 2021
Na northern truck, thats of the news is even not fake
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by ebuka440: 7:42pm On May 09, 2021
Thank God that they were caught. No plan of the evil ones will ever work in Anambra State and all the Eastern states including this Zoo as a whole in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by vengertime: 8:20pm On May 09, 2021
Boko Haram people coming into south east
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by jonnathaniheme: 8:33pm On May 09, 2021
God help us
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by stalwart123(m): 9:17pm On May 09, 2021
CandyOps:
I've asked my police friends and they're saying the attacks isn't from IPOB. What in the heck is going on.

This next election go be fire for fire o. Make e no be say na PDP startegy be this.. or maybe it could. But then it doesn't answer the question, why the East alone?

Or... It could be BH. But then BH could have claimed responsibility if it was them.

Nawao

No sense
Re: Police Arrest Driver As Truck Loaded With Ammunition Falls In Anambra by cybersoldiers: 9:24pm On May 09, 2021
Northern truck as observed.

If it were for ESN, Nigerian army terrorists would been talking nonsense but see as all of them have gone mute but only the basket mouthers are talking.

(1) (Reply)

CCTV Captures Footage Of Robbery At A Popular Salon In Lagos Island / Nigerian Sued Mtn To Court For N50 Deduction, Got Compensated With N5.5m(video) / 24-year-old Nigerian Woman Face 30-year Jail Term For $1.9 Million Fraud In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.