Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament (16480 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Motorists, Commuters Lament Gridlock / Flood Takes Over Oshodi-apapa Expressway (photos) / Lagos-Badagry Expressway Collapses! Motorists, Commuters Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by ajebuter(f): 11:59am On May 10, 2021
I have not plied that road since I graduated from LASU in 2000

And then, it was a very smooth expressway

Now, with what I saw on TV recently... Gosh!

What happened?

Abeg, LASG should do something biko..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by lifezone247(m): 12:07pm On May 10, 2021
Keemsleek005:
Thr problem with apapa road are tankers and in nigeria everybody is above the law. You try to clear the tankers they go on strike, its we the same people that will shout that goverment should let them be and oil depots can't be removed from there.
Those tankers have refused using the parks meant for them and i just dont know how goverment will handle them.

Sometimes i think it's military that fit nigeria.
i’m telling you
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by dalass(f): 12:09pm On May 10, 2021
Keemsleek005:
Thr problem with apapa road are tankers and in nigeria everybody is above the law. You try to clear the tankers they go on strike, its we the same people that will shout that goverment should let them be and oil depots can't be removed from there.
Those tankers have refused using the parks meant for them and i just dont know how goverment will handle them. Sometimes i think it's military that fit nigeria.

You are right.. Those tanker drivers cause a lot of havoc anywhere they are

Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by Haariiz: 12:09pm On May 10, 2021
If you want to become a blogger and you don't know how to build a blog, I will build it for you for Ten thousand naira only.

Call this number now : 0 8 0 6 5 4 1 1 5 4 4
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by ogododo: 12:12pm On May 10, 2021
dalass:

You are right.. Those tanker drivers cause a lot of havoc anywhere they are

Why we come get government? See how navy dey cashout. I dey hear say to park for road or take one way na #30k

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by Sleekfingers: 12:19pm On May 10, 2021
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/gridlock-sanwo-olu-abandons-oshodi-apapa-expressway-as-motorists-commuters-lament-plight/amp/

1. Sanwo olu is totally helpless when it comes to osodi apapa expreesway
2. That road is a federal road
3. Those trailers plying or parked on that road are by people in power.....so the governor no fit do anything..........
4. The naval officer in that axix are making hell of cash.....the are collecting serious money from thos trailer drivers, even those agbero self dey dip their hands in the cookie jar.......

Last week , i visited my uncle who reside in apapa, kofo abayomi to be precise.....he said, he is planning on selling his house.....due to the insane traffic gridlock in that neighbourhood......as a matter of fact, i know lost of people that have sold their house
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by ogododo: 12:32pm On May 10, 2021
Sleekfingers:

1. Sanwo olu is totally helpless when it comes to osodi apapa expreesway
2. That road is a federal road
3. Those trailers plying or parked on that road are by people in power.....so the governor no fit do anything..........
4. The naval officer in that axix are making hell of cash.....the are collecting serious money from thos trailer drivers, even those agbero self dey dip their hands in the cookie jar.......

Last week , i visited my uncle who reside in apapa, kofo abayomi to be precise.....he said, he is planning on selling his house.....due to the insane traffic gridlock in that neighbourhood......as a matter of fact, i know lost of people that have sold their house

Na im promised say he go clear traffic within 100 days. Abi make we look for the video.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by dalass(f): 12:34pm On May 10, 2021
ogododo:

Why we come get government? See how navy dey cashout. I dey hear say to park for road or take one way na #30k

We don't have government... The government is owned by godfathers and their financiers both home and abroad
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 10, 2021
They have frustrated the governor..

Nigeria. .

Even the Electronic Call up system has been frustrated..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by Sleekfingers: 12:39pm On May 10, 2021
ogododo:

Na im promised say he go clear traffic within 100 days. Abi make we look for the video.

he was just talking......the problems of apapa is way beyond him........i have stated the problems in my earlier post.......
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by Doubleoh7: 12:46pm On May 10, 2021
Any day Sanwo Olu is determined to fix the traffic situation in that axis, he knows what to do and how to go about it. The problem of Lagos state today is favouritism, always trying to play to the tunes of the few elites that is bankrolling their political structures. Go through that Amuwo Odofin and Ago Palace way axis and see how almost every empty plot of land is turned to a truck park or a container terminal. The annoying thing is that sometimes the Lagos urban planning guys will come there and mark or seal the property but give them few weeks and some cash exchange and the place is opened again. Imagine having a barge come load and offload containers at the foot of Festac link Bridge and the attendant traffic gridlock it causes.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by bigtt76(f): 1:26pm On May 10, 2021
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by jamiusegun(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2021
Your Excellency sir, pls help us do our road from oko afo to ilogbo eremi , the road is totally bad. Thank sir.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by Richthekid: 5:29pm On May 10, 2021
Oh
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 10, 2021
Sanwo-Olu is just a governor. He has MDAs with Honourable Commissioners and Directors in charge of those Ministries, Departments and Agencies.

Direct your grievances to the Commissioner in charge of works and public infrastructure ... His office is the one DIRECTLY in charge of everything roads
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by bishopcent: 9:26am On May 11, 2021
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/gridlock-sanwo-olu-abandons-oshodi-apapa-expressway-as-motorists-commuters-lament-plight/amp/

its very annoying to see that our Nigerian roads are controlled by hoodlums and so called transport union.
tomorrow u go hear say na desmond Elliot cause am..lol
Re: Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament by bishopcent: 9:28am On May 11, 2021
Smartini:
Sanwo-Olu is just a governor. He has MDAs with Honourable Commissioners and Directors in charge of those Ministries, Departments and Agencies.

Direct your grievances to the Commissioner in charge of works and public infrastructure ... His office is the one DIRECTLY in charge of everything roads

There is no way the governor of Lagos state will give directive to that so called commissioner and he will ignore.
it only shows that he hasn't. period

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update On Lagos Train/Bus Accident By Health Commissioner, Prof. Akin Abayomi / Six Nigerian Asylum-seekers Die As Cameroon Forcefully Repatriates Them / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklet Caused By High Dollar Rate - Joe Abah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.