Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

The Royal Wedding - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Royal Wedding (787 Views)

The Royal Wedding (photos) / Watch The Royal Wedding Live / Official Royal Wedding Guest List, Seating Plan Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Royal Wedding by ADM1(m): 12:57am On Apr 27, 2011
I have a question for those living in Britain. Why is the royal wedding a big deal? To me, it's just two people getting married. That happens almost everyday throughout the world. It's not newsworthy. What's the deal? Is it a British thing? Do any of you care?
Re: The Royal Wedding by obowunmi(m): 1:49am On Apr 27, 2011
The media is making shitload of money by FORCING people into the hype.

Kate is ugly and a plain Jane -- nothing special or sophisticated about her. Absolutely NOTHING ---

Sometimes I wonder what the reaction would be if she was BLACK ? They'd probably disown William abi wetin be his name again ?
Re: The Royal Wedding by yankidelta(m): 3:55am On Apr 27, 2011
Na so British people dey do.they overhype whatever they have to give it the value it scarcely deserves eg:the English football team,British Entry visa,the Queen etc,at least they end up getting the publicity and value for the hype, Naija fit learn from them
Re: The Royal Wedding by Vindy: 7:37am On Apr 27, 2011
Its a biggy abeg, even mine will be big.
Re: The Royal Wedding by badesco(m): 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2011
You know the Royal Thing is still going on in U.k unlike
other European Countries where the Royal Dynasty
has been Abolished. Had it been if it were to be in Nigeria,
Nobody cares. If the King like like, let him go and get
married in Heaven, na him wahala be dat
Re: The Royal Wedding by InkedNerd(f): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2011
badesco:

You know the Royal Thing is still going on in U.k unlike
other European Countries where the Royal Dynasty
has been Abolished. Had it been if it were to be in Nigeria,
Nobody cares. If the King like like, let him go and get
married in Heaven, na him wahala be dat

lol grin

A.D.M.:

I have a question for those living in Britain. Why is the royal wedding a big deal? To me, it's just two people getting married. That happens almost everyday throughout the world. It's not newsworthy. What's the deal? Is it a British thing? Do any of you care?

I don't live in the UK but I have relatives there and have been there before. I don't know about other people but for me, it's kinda interesting but it's kinda not. Although some people may say, "Are they they any different from anyone else?" in my opinion there are two answers to those questions--yes and no. Yes because, how many of us can say we are "royalty"? But then again, what is royalty anyway? The reason why I say no is for two reasons (1) because they [William, Kate, and the gang] are humans just like the rest of us. The only thing that really sets us apart is that we're not all born into "royalty" and (2) because well, I'm not nor have I ever been a fan of the British monarchy. In the back of my mind there's always that question, what makes you any better than me? I just think its interesting to see the Prince grow up into the man that he is today.
Re: The Royal Wedding by MzGreat(f): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2011
my own P is that why would they declare public holiday in the whole of UK
Re: The Royal Wedding by r231(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2011
MzGreat:

my own P is that why would they declare public holiday in the whole of UK

so that we can watch what they use our tax money for grin grin
Re: The Royal Wedding by InkedNerd(f): 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^^ LOL sucks for you guys grin
Re: The Royal Wedding by obowunmi(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
r231:

so that we can watch what they use our tax money for grin grin

I hear that the whole thing was privately funded.
Re: The Royal Wedding by Tingles(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2011
They are two individuals that farts like we do. . .it shouldn't be a big deal.
Re: The Royal Wedding by ugosly(m): 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2011
jealousy!jealousy!!dats all I can say 2 y'all,
if 2morw God put sugar 4ur mouth,spit am comot, mmcheeew!NONSENSE!
Re: The Royal Wedding by CARDIBENSU(m): 5:15pm On Apr 29, 2011
thank brother.more post lol
Re: The Royal Wedding by jeffoski(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
Na wa o why people get bad belle like dis.is really bad and we need to change.D wedding was wonderful and dey look gud together.wether it breaks later which I doubt but for now they are happy.

(1) (Reply)

Men Are Liars But Women Lie Too. / Hello / Invitation To International Imageboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.