Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,695 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:25 PM

Tinubu Urges Fg To Compensate Families Of Slain Youth Corps Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Urges Fg To Compensate Families Of Slain Youth Corps Members (487 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack / Friends Of 2011 Slain Youth Corp'ers Against Buhari's Ambition: Meet Here / Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Urges Fg To Compensate Families Of Slain Youth Corps Members by EkoIle1: 2:43am On Apr 27, 2011
Tinubu urges FG to compensate families of slain Youth Corps members

By Olasunkanmi Akoni
Immediate past Governor of Lagos State and National leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has stressed the need for compensation to the families of all slain members of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, who lost their lives in violence that erupted in some Northern states of the country while serving their fatherland.

This came even as Governor Babatunde Fashola commended the peaceful conduct of Lagos residents, who he said turned up en-masss for the governorship poll.

Tinubu who spoke shortly after casting his vote in his ward at Sunday Adigun Street in Alausa, Ikeja, lamented the death of the corps members describing it as unfortunate.

According to him, “every human being has a right to life, dignity, freedom and liberty to pursue happiness in life.”

He said, “whatever happened that led to the death of the corps members had to do with education and poverty. Emotional reactions are not enough answer to the situation. We just have to look for cause of the problem. We have to evaluate it and make adequate compensations where necessary.”

Also commenting on President Jonathan’s last week victory, Tinubu said his party would soon react to Goodluck sucess at the poll.

He pointed out that ACN was compiling facts and figures that would give it the impetus to react objectively to how the presidential election went.

He affirmed that as a democrat, he would accept in good faith the election result released by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC but would await the outcome of independent investigation being carried out by his party on the election that gave the presidential election to Jonathan.

Admitting that President Jonathan worked hard for the victory Tinubu claimed it was well deserved, saying, “Jonathan won in the Southwest according to INEC result be that as it may, as a democrat, one must be ready to accept the result of an election at a given time. The election is free and fair, people voted Jonathan.

“INEC said Jonathan won; he actually won but like I said, a democrat must be ready to accept the result of any election; our party is yet to do the verification and the collation of data before we could make any attack.

“As a party leader, for now I have accepted that basically until my party says otherwise, I won’t jump to conclusion; the election was free and fair in the South West,” he stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/tinubu-urges-fg-to-compensate-families-of-slain-youth-corps-members/
Re: Tinubu Urges Fg To Compensate Families Of Slain Youth Corps Members by Chyz2: 2:45am On Apr 27, 2011
Opportunist.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fg To Compensate Families Of Slain Youth Corps Members by EkoIle1: 2:48am On Apr 27, 2011
Obviously the only sensible adult in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, our clueless and incompetent president  is acting as if the dead young and patriotic Nigerians answering the call of duty are no Nigerians.

It's the write thing to do, but it's opportunism to some heartless and as usual some ibo clowns. Talk abut birds of the same feather, ain't GEJ he odechukwu like you lots, shiooooooo
Re: Tinubu Urges Fg To Compensate Families Of Slain Youth Corps Members by Kenyy: 4:31am On Apr 27, 2011
Chyz*:

Opportunist.
Supported! Infact if you want to hide something from an average Nigerian, you hide it inside 'a book'. When all sane Nigerians(including myself) raised alarm weeks ago on some moves by some criminally minded Nigerians to pocket the #5million met for each Corps Members who died in active service, where was this Negative Misfit-Tinubu whose Misdeed and Misrule in Lagos will one day guide him into Kirikiri Maximum Prisons to succeed Chief Olabode George as Chief Inmate?
By the way, when shall young Nigerians stop giving attention to the likes of these useless and senseless criminals delusionalising themselves  as statesmen?
Re: Tinubu Urges Fg To Compensate Families Of Slain Youth Corps Members by EzeUche3(m): 4:42am On Apr 27, 2011
I agree with the message, but dislike the messenger.

(1) (Reply)

Ajimobi Wins In Oyo / Dosunmu: I’ll Accept Result / Anambra -another 4 Years Of Undevelopment Under Apga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.