Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,790 members, 7,862,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:57 PM

Rec Regrets Posting To Yorubaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rec Regrets Posting To Yorubaland (507 Views)

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / Buhari’s Liaison Officer, Nura Rimi, Sent On Diplomatic Posting To UAE / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rec Regrets Posting To Yorubaland by Chyz2: 4:22am On Apr 27, 2011
[size=15pt]REC regrets posting to Yorubaland[/size]

Tuesday, 26 April 2011 00:00 Yemi Bamidele, Ibadan

Worried by the series of petitions and false alarms against him from different quarters, the Oyo State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) Mr. Ayo Adakeja yesterday in Ibadan lamented his posting to the state.

Mr. Adakeja, while addressing representatives of political parties and other stakeholders at the final round of pre-election meeting held at the INEC office in Ibadan expressed concern that some politicians in Oyo State were out to ruin him with their baseless accusations and rumours.

“I regret coming to Yorubaland for this job of electoral umpire,” he declared to the consternation of people at the gathering including security chiefs.

He said, “Series of rumours have been peddled against me, that I have collected so much. Yet there has been no basis upon which the rumour peddlers could substantiate their allegations. I have already umpired two elections over which they have been giving me kudos for good job. Despite all these, I have continued to receive threat messages on my cell phones on daily basis for alleged bias to one of the governorship candidates in the state. It has even gotten to the extent that they will destroy my children. Haba. Someone even called that one auxiliary was disturbing them in their area. What is my role in that? It is time the political leaders talk to their followers. Why are our people saying all these things? I thought we have put all these behind us. I don’t know why they are putting it up again.”

But he insisted that he would continue to allow his conscience guide him, adding that everything in him would be put into the success of today’s governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state.

While maintaining that all was set for free and fair elections, he told the forum that 15 political parties were participating in the governorship election in Oyo State, having fielded candidates for the polls

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17822:rec-regrets-posting-to-yorubaland&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Rec Regrets Posting To Yorubaland by Blazay(m): 5:05am On Apr 27, 2011
It has even gotten to the extent that they will destroy my children. Haba. Someone even called that one auxiliary was disturbing them in their area. What is my role in that?

This was actually printed from his mouth?
Na wah! cheesy
Re: Rec Regrets Posting To Yorubaland by aloyemeka2: 5:37am On Apr 27, 2011
Where won't he regret? Igboland?, Hausaland? ,Fulaniland?, Ijawland?. Let him shut up joor.

(1) (Reply)

Call For The General To Resign / One Year Of Goodluck Jonathan, How far / Sheryl Cwele: Sa Minister's Wife Gets 12-year Jail Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.