Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,348 members, 7,839,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

How You Can Be Saved - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How You Can Be Saved (594 Views)

Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? / God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt. / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Be Saved by PastorAde: 9:33am On Apr 27, 2011
[center]How You Can Be Saved[/center]

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3: 23).

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6: 23, emphasis added).

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12, emphasis added).

Yet to all who received Him (Jesus), to those who believe in His name, He gave the right to become children of God (John 1: 12, emphasis added).

Man did not evolve from a tree or an ancient dinosaur. Man was created by God in His own image. How did the question of sin arise? Where is eternal destination of sinners? Why is there need of salvation? Who is the Author of salvation? Where is the eternal destination of the righteous after death

Adam was the first man created by God. All humanity came from that one man. Adam was given a commandment by God of what trees to eat of and the one he was to abstain from eating in the Garden of Eden. God also told Adam the penalty of disobedience – which is death. One day when Adam went AWOL (absent without leave), the serpent (the devil) came into the Garden to deceive Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. She gave the same to Adam who ate in disobedience to God’s commandment. This was how sin entered the world; and since we all came from Adam, we inherited the sinful nature with the resultant penalty or wages – which is death. Sin makes man fall short of the glory of God.
To deliver man from the penalty of sin and death, God had to become man. He overshadowed the womb of Virgin Mary and Jesus was born. The name Jesus means Savior. He came purposely for the salvation of mankind. He lived a sinless life, went to the cross of Calvary to shed His sinless blood to redeem all humanity – irrespective of race, religion or gender. The life of flesh is in the blood. Jesus gave His life for all humanity so that we might be saved. As many as receive Him and confess Him as Lord and Savior shall be saved and have their sins forgiven and forgotten (Isaiah 43:25).
Through Adam all men were made sinners. Sin manifests in different forms – evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, etc. The eternal destination of sinners is hell. God did not create hell for man, but for the devil and his angels. That is why God sent Jesus to die for all men so that as many as believe in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. Salvation is found in no other man – for all are sinners. Only God in the flesh – Jesus the Lamb of God – is qualified to save all men. When you receive Him, His blood makes you righteous and your eternal destination is heaven.

This is the good news of the Kingdom of Heaven: That King Jesus came to earth to redeem humanity by His blood and bring heaven to the hearts of men by restoring to those who believe in Him, the Holy Spirit that Adam lost through disobedience. Once you have the Holy Spirit, you become a child of God and you are enabled to live righteously. Will you? If so, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ Precious Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling: visit, write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P. O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel. 08033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Lets Rise In Prayer For Nigeria / Preachers / Forgiven -- And Forgiving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.