Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title (18976 Views)

Happy Birthday Cristiano Ronaldo - 37 ‘factos’ About The Portuguese Star / Banyana Banyana Defeat Super Falcons 4-2 To Lift The Aisha Buhari Cup In Lagos / Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Jimmyubah2: 2:35pm On May 12, 2021
paulolee:

no lies but villareal can give them a shocker, if sevilla once did it last time, I think lightening can strike twice..
don't forget dt spanish teams hardly lose European final and unai emeey is d master of europa, he did d treble with sevilla n its funny dt some people are writing him off...
Villarreal are huge underdogs but football is filled with shockers..
Was it treble he did or double?
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by ofiko123(m): 2:40pm On May 12, 2021
Congratulations to sporting Lisbon on their title win...way to go for them...
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Fedrick100: 2:42pm On May 12, 2021
paulolee:

no lies but villareal can give them a shocker, if sevilla once did it last time, I think lightening can strike twice..
don't forget dt spanish teams hardly lose European final and unai emeey is d master of europa, he did d treble with sevilla n its funny dt some people are writing him off...
Villarreal are huge underdogs but football is filled with shockers..

Same way you guys are writing Chelsea out
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Telstar: 2:59pm On May 12, 2021
Omihanifa:
Remaining Benfica too to break their own curse in Europe ( champions League or Europa)
Benfica aren't strong.
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Livelystone01: 3:04pm On May 12, 2021
Fedrick100:

Same way you guys are writing Chelsea out
Whoever writes Chelsea out us on a mission to fail.

Everything favours Chelsea to win the UCL this season.

Tuchel lost last year, he will correct himself this year.

Anything can happen, but my odds for Chelsea is extremely high, 65%.
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by kingjooo(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2021
I'm wishing lille and atletico the same

1 Like

Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by 8stargeneral: 3:22pm On May 12, 2021
Congratulations...Never give up in life.
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by eallstar: 3:39pm On May 12, 2021
setobaba:
I promise to upload my nude should Arsenal beat Chelsea tonight
U are noted, patiently waiting 4 Ur nude
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by paulolee(m): 3:41pm On May 12, 2021
Jimmyubah2:
Was it treble he did or double?
treble....he won it thrice at once
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Jimmyubah2: 3:46pm On May 12, 2021
paulolee:

treble....he won it thrice at once
Okay. I thought he won it twice but sevilla won it thrice.
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Elidrisy20: 4:17pm On May 12, 2021
Omihanifa:
Remaining Benfica too to break their own curse in Europe ( champions League or Europa)
Benfica own strong
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by OlawaleBammie: 4:26pm On May 12, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
The curse is for 100 years, they have served around 60ish I think
even after hundred years they still need prayer o,

The wicked guy that laid the curse said NOT IN HUNDRED YEARS will they lift any European laurels.
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by OlawaleBammie: 4:30pm On May 12, 2021
paulolee:

I dnt believe in curses or supernatural tinz in football, if they invest properly n get an advance coach with a target of winning the Europa, they would surely win it..
for.example, inter last won d league under mourinho in 2010 before juve kept winning it, inter got tired of watching and its owners spent huge investment two seasons ago by first signing conte, lukaku n other key european players, inter did well in Europa last season after so many years n they won the league this season..
Milan did same too after being acquired by china owners a few seasons ago, Milan inter n juve are the only serious contenders in Italy bcoz they keep investing on thier team...
if benfica do same, I see them breaking d so called curse...

Sidown there, u dont believe in curses but even Eusebio before his demise went ahead to the grave of the man that laid the curse to appease his spirit in 2013.

Oscar Cardozo said more than u re saying before the europa league final in 2013, history has it that it was the same oscar Cardozo that lost the important penalty which ultimately handed the cup to Chelsea.

Guy curse exist from tym immemorial.
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by paulolee(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2021
Jimmyubah2:

Okay. I thought he won it twice but sevilla won it thrice.
nope...he was d same coach dt won it thrice with DM.....dts when he won d tagg as d europa master

1 Like

Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by garfield1: 4:54pm On May 12, 2021
BALLBENDERZ:
GADE AI SPORT TRADING SOLUTION

Oga,show me small love.1k is ok
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Insectkiller: 5:12pm On May 12, 2021
Congratulations to sporting Lisbon
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Luizkid(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2021
BALLBENDERZ:
GADE AI SPORT TRADING SOLUTION
Whoever staked this game can surely kill, see mind..
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Luizkid(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Sidown there, u dont believe in curses but even Eusebio before his demise went ahead to the grave of the man that laid the curse to appease his spirit in 2013.

Oscar Cardozo said more than u re saying before the europa league final in 2013, history has it that it was the same oscar Cardozo that lost the important penalty which ultimately handed the cup to Chelsea.

Guy curse exist from tym immemorial.
Haba bros easy with the lies na, Oscar Cardozo scored the penalty awarded Benfica. Ivanovic scored the winner in added time.
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Jimmyubah2: 5:29pm On May 12, 2021
paulolee:

nope...he was d same coach dt won it thrice with DM.....dts when he won d tagg as d europa master
OK. Thanks
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Sensiblerealist: 5:57pm On May 12, 2021
They more than deserved it. They were dominant from the start, had some wobbles but bounced back to close out games.
Congratulations

obembet:
Sporting Lisbon's 19-year wait for a Portuguese league title is finally over after they beat relegation-threatened Boavista 1-0 on Tuesday to pip Porto and Benfica to top spot

It is Sporting's first league title since 2002, with the Portuguese league mainly being dominated by Porto and Benfica. Porto had won 11 titles and Benfica seven since Sporting last lifted the trophy 19 years ago.

Paulinho scored the title-winning goal for the Lions in the 36th minute, hitting the top of the net from close range after a low cross into the area, sparking scenes of pandemonium across the country's capital.

The victory left a currently unbeaten Sporting eight points ahead of second-place Porto with two games left to play. Benfica, who beat last-place Nacional de Madeira 3-1 earlier on Tuesday, are 12 points behind in third place.

Sporting supporters bearing the club's green and white colours took to the streets to celebrate wrapping up the title, waving flags while chanting 'champions' in unison.

Police had warned fans not to congregate in the street and obey social distancing guidelines if they were to celebrate in and around the Alvalade Stadium.

However, while many peacefully celebrated the title win, small groups of Sporting fans were involved in clashes with police, marring what was supposed to be a joyous occasions for those fans involved.

Sporting's title comes three years after the club endured one of the worst crises in club history when dozens of fans with their faces covered forced their way into the team's training complex and assaulted players and staff.

The shocking attack, which attracted worldwide headlines, came after Sporting missed out on a Champions League berth, which compounded ongoing internal disputes involving players, club directors and its controversial president at the time.

No fans were allowed inside of Sporting's Alvalade Stadium but thousands of supporters had gathered across the city of Lisbon in hopes of being able to celebrate the much-anticipated title.

Sporting could have clinched the title on Monday had Porto lost points against second-to-last-place Farense, but they won 5-1 at home.

Sporting had to play most of the match without defender Pedro Porro, who recently was called up for Spain's national team for the first time. The right back got injured less than 20 minutes into the match.

Source: https://twitter.com/Sporting_CP/status/1392243792493883397?s=19
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by OlawaleBammie: 6:19pm On May 12, 2021
Luizkid:

Haba bros easy with the lies na, Oscar Cardozo scored the penalty awarded Benfica. Ivanovic scored the winner in added time.

Wait, maybe its against another team den, Oscar cardozo lost a penalty, pls confirm it. Maybe its 2014 or 2012

It was in 2014 bro, against sevilla
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by richmanrichard: 7:06pm On May 12, 2021
paulolee:

I dnt believe in curses or supernatural tinz in football, if they invest properly n get an advance coach with a target of winning the Europa, they would surely win it..
for.example, inter last won d league under mourinho in 2010 before juve kept winning it, inter got tired of watching and its owners spent huge investment two seasons ago by first signing conte, lukaku n other key european players, inter did well in Europa last season after so many years n they won the league this season..
Milan did same too after being acquired by china owners a few seasons ago, Milan inter n juve are the only serious contenders in Italy bcoz they keep investing on thier team...
if benfica do same, I see them breaking d so called curse...
They did that when benfica was fucking rich but e no wrk
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by lereinter(m): 10:24pm On May 12, 2021
They couldn't play over 1.5
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Andreperry(m): 5:37am On May 13, 2021
setobaba:
please do the needful
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Younghacka(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2021
setobaba:
HOWFAR, PLEASE POST THE LINK.
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Thunday1005(m): 9:42pm On May 13, 2021
Hmm mm

Bruno fernades comes to my mind
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Rosskiiku: 9:49pm On May 13, 2021
Super Eagles legend and African Footballer of the Year, 1994, Emmanuel Amunike, aka, 'Ammunition', played for Sporting Lisbon in his hey-day.

Highlights from his great spell at the Portuguese giants:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06nMvSaCq-k
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by Mryacks: 4:33am On May 15, 2021
ddippset:
grin

Ronaldo will be wishing he had gone there instead of Juve so that his fans will be singing "he singlehandedly won them the league after 19 years"

grin grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by BALLBENDERZ(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2021
We are sure of our trading strategies contact us today, learn and adopt our sport trading techiques

Luizkid:

Whoever staked this game can surely kill, see mind..
Re: Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title by BALLBENDERZ(m): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
Send me the ₦1,000 let me teach you sport trading... Get daily consitent money from the bookies with our sport trading strategies
garfield1:

Oga,show me small love.1k is ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

2014 WC Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Namibia (1 - 0) On June 3 2012 / Manchester United Are In Dialogue To Extend Ighalo's Loan Deal- Solskjaer / NFF Must Respect Me, Pay Me - Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.