Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Access Bank - A Growing Pain Of A Bank - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Access Bank - A Growing Pain Of A Bank (604 Views)

Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue, Ring / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack At A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank - A Growing Pain Of A Bank by TokyoM(f): 12:18pm On May 12, 2021
I have fought the urge to do this but Access Bank has given me no choice.

For all I know, I do not think anyone should have anything to do with this institution. It seems anything with Nigerian roots just has a huge load of rot!

Some months ago, a video went viral of a wire wire guy that narrated how he steals people's funds with access to their sim cards. He had noted that even if the person does not have money in his/her account, he can take a loan on the person's account and transfer same. Worthy of note, this guy specifically mentioned Access Bank! That's how porous the Access Bank system is!

Sadly, today I am writing from experience. But this did not happen today. On the 24th of February, my phone my stolen on my way for a dental appointment. I was downtrodden. I started to reach out to all the banks I had significant sums in to block my account. I didn't call Access bank because there was little or nothing in it.

Fast forward to some hours later, my boyfriend who has access to my mail called to ask if I paid any money into my access bank account. I said no because I wasn't expecting anything in it. When he further scrutinized the alert, he noticed it was a loan disbursement of 16k and the same had been used to get airtime to the very last kobo excluding the interest for the loan.

I was shocked! After just losing my phone of barely a few months old, 16k gone again. I went to the nearest branch to block my account cox I couldn't tell what these guys could do again with my access bank accounts. It so seemed that Access bank was not as safe. Just as the name, they gave access to anyone and everyone even fraudsters.

So I went to the branch, the security guys didn't let me in. Their argument was Covid - 19. I tried all I could, nah. I could not get in and I made these guys know that I needed to have my accounts blocked. Seeing that the option was not working and I needed to block my accounts, I hurried home and placed a call to their contact center. Because my account number was saved on my phone, they asked that I supplied the phone number linked to my account to search for the account. To my greatest surprise, they said they could not fetch any account details with the pone number I provided. Another red flag! It means anyone can change phone number on my own account without my authorization too.

I suggested another means to find my account, maybe I give them my BVN or something. They said they only search for accounts using phone number. So again, I was stuck and the contact center lady was freaking rude. Kept saying kindly provide phone number linked to account as response to all my questions.

I wrote a mail to them afterwards requesting for how someone can take a loan on my account without my authorization. Their response was shallow and not encouraging. Said anyone with my sim card can do that by dialing the USSD short code. Wow! I asked without even having my PIN?

Note that in the viral scammer video, he narrated how they change access bank customers PIN easily and take loans.

I wrote it off as my loss. I had lost my phone and the bank I opened accounts with also couldn't guarantee the safety of my funds. And the lady that responded to my mail made sure to tell me that I would have to pay back the loan that was taken on my account.

A week later, I credited the account so that the said loan could be repaid as I do not like to owe and who knows what this can cause to my credit record. I immediately sent a mail to them after paying back and getting the notification to have both of my accounts closed.

The reason I am sharing this is, Access bank is hell bent on frustrating me! They have refused to close both accounts, instead sending me stupid unsolicited messages.

When I needed the messages, they didn't send. It took ages for them to respond, they were rude all the way and lacked empathy.

I said I was not going to do this but really, people need to know what Access Bank is about. They were only after their loan. Refused to assist and only started to communicate when I said I would close my accounts. And yes, Hebert Wigwe the MD was in copy of all my mails s he can't feign ignorance to them but every time they would respond, they took him out which sums up my story with Access bank!

I am not asking for a refund, I am only saying #AccessbankClosemyaccount #Inodoagainaccessbank #worstbankaccessbank

CC: Lalasticlala Seun Mynd4
Re: Access Bank - A Growing Pain Of A Bank by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 12, 2021
Password your Sim card.Access bank is merge with diamond bank.They are both crime syndicates.
Re: Access Bank - A Growing Pain Of A Bank by Adam09: 8:27pm On May 12, 2021
Sorry about your loss @OP. I guess I understood what happened. Just like the poster above advised, lock your SIM.
Re: Access Bank - A Growing Pain Of A Bank by ecomalchemist(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2021
sorry for your loss OP, what a terrible ideal I the hands of financial institutions.
Re: Access Bank - A Growing Pain Of A Bank by Oluwapresley(m): 5:26pm On May 13, 2021
No be this bank? Tah! They are the worst!

Lalasticlala Mynd44 move to front page. These banks need to learn a few lessons. You should not leave a customer exposed. One you have sworn to protect his or her funds.

It's sad. Op sorry for the loss.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests The Founder Of Inknation Ponzi Scheme, Pinkoin / Chelsea FC Champions League Win: Atiku Under Fire Over Tweet / Is Benin - Ore Expressway Blocked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.