Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims (5693 Views)

Eid-el-fitri: FG Declares April 21st, 24th As Public Holidays / Amaechi Celebrates Eid El Fitri (Pictures) / Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by money121(m): 2:39pm On May 12, 2021
EID-EL-FITRI: SANWO-OLU FELICITATES WITH MUSLIMS

•Seeks Peaceful Co-Existence among Lagosians

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has felicitated with Nigerians, especially Muslim faithful as they celebrate Eid-el-fitri, which marks end of the month-long Ramadan fasting and prayers.

Sanwo-Olu, in his Eid-el-fitri message released on Wednesday urged Muslims in Lagos State and across the country to continue on the path of spirituality and peaceful co-existence.

The Governor said the occasion of Eid-el-fitri is very significant to Muslims across the world as one of the major pillars of Islam, which teaches abstinence from worldly pleasures, steadfastness in prayers and total submission to the will of Allah in accordance with the Quranic injunctions.

Governor Sanwo-Olu, urged the Muslim Ummah to continue to offer more prayers for continued peace and stability in Nigeria, adding that all hands must be on deck to address the growing challenge of insecurity in the country.

The Governor prayed for Lagosians to witness and celebrate more Eid-el-fitri in good health and prosperity.

He said: "Today, I join millions of people around the world, to wish our Muslim brothers and sisters in Lagos State and in Nigeria happy Eid-el-fitri.

“For the Muslims, today’s celebration is very unique. It is a feast to mark the end of a month-long spiritual renewal after thirty days of fasting, prayers and other religious acts.

“Ramadan was a period that you denied yourselves the worldly pleasures, turned to your creator for total cleansing and upheld other religious values.

“Such values are reaffirmation of your duty to serve one another, helping the poor and the vulnerable in the society, offering gratitude to Allah, showing compassion and generosity among other good deeds that guide your faith.”

Sanwo-Olu further enjoined Muslims to remain tolerant of other religious denominations in the State, saying that Lagos was noted for religious harmony.

“As we mark this year's Eid-el-fitri, I want to urge the Muslim faithful in Lagos State to continue to live in peace and harmony with believers of other faiths."

While commending Lagosians for their steadfastness, resilience and cooperation with his administration in the last two years, Governor Sanwo-Olu reassured residents of his government’s commitment to good governance and people-oriented programmes.

He said his administration is fully committed to delivering the dividends of democracy and all his campaign promises to people of Lagos State through his government's THEMES developmental agenda for a 'Greater Lagos.
https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2021/05/12/eid-el-fitri-sanwo-olu-felicitates-with-muslims/

3 Likes

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by money121(m): 2:39pm On May 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Sheffdon: 2:40pm On May 12, 2021
NOTE

We don't want Unity Beggars on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 12, 2021
Ok, Muslims.
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Gravity56: 4:18pm On May 12, 2021
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Yommychrz(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2021
Eid mubarak

1 Like

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Tonyspecial(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2021
Moon wey no gree comot
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by tolumizzy(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2021
Sanwo eko..... Smart robber

1 Like

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Adedotguy: 4:19pm On May 12, 2021
cheesy
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by mbahdi(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2021
Rubbish.keep deceiving urself with una self acclaimed fasting.u only skip afternoon food and you call that one fasting.fasting my foot

1 Like

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by BUSHHUNTER: 4:19pm On May 12, 2021
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 12, 2021
I no know wetin e want make we enjoy... when food stuff no gree come down..
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by hopexter(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2021
Sanwo-Olu notice me too much. Always chasing clout undecided
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Lamanii22(f): 4:21pm On May 12, 2021
Will Friday be added to the holiday?
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Lamanii22(f): 4:21pm On May 12, 2021
Yommychrz:
Eid mubarak

Eid mubarak is ileya
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by akimoriyomi(m): 4:21pm On May 12, 2021
Tomorrow is sallah and mouth is dry. Please anyone help me put something for here 3066223697 firstbank so I can at least make my family smile. Thanks
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by PHZADDY1(m): 4:22pm On May 12, 2021
Bandits and bombers holiday...make we join hand relegate this people
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by XshegzzyeeiX: 4:25pm On May 12, 2021
To all the muslim brothers and sisters, happy eid el fitri in advance. I hope you folks celebrate us during easter too.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Ade457(f): 4:27pm On May 12, 2021
I don't know why I dislike this guy.�

money121:
EID-EL-FITRI: SANWO-OLU FELICITATES WITH MUSLIMS

•Seeks Peaceful Co-Existence among Lagosians

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2021/05/12/eid-el-fitri-sanwo-olu-felicitates-with-muslims/
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:30pm On May 12, 2021
Happy Eid-El-Fitri in advance to all Muslim faithful.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by ofiko123(m): 4:31pm On May 12, 2021
Congratulations to all Muslim faithfuls..

1 Like

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Rushna27(f): 4:33pm On May 12, 2021
se dem Don see moon oooo.... if dem no see make dem look for another oooo
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by Seniorwriter(m): 4:33pm On May 12, 2021
Really
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by kheny12(m): 4:35pm On May 12, 2021
Nice one Mr Governor.

1 Like

Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by obontami: 4:51pm On May 12, 2021
Bolor governor. The most useless governor Lagos has ever produced!
Re: Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims by sultry69(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2021
mbahdi:
Rubbish.keep deceiving urself with una self acclaimed fasting.u only skip afternoon food and you call that one fasting.fasting my foot
This one want kill himself over what is non of his concerns.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: Ikpeazu Heads PDP Campaign Council / Oyo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel To Investigate Rauf Olaniyan / I Just Unearthed The Most Concrete Evidence of Electoral Malpractice (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.