Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead (54662 Views)

Dogonyaro’s Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985 / Coup Announcer, Lieutenant General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead / 2019: Danjuma, Asemota, Dogonyaro, Others Warn Against APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by owobokiri(m): 12:57pm On May 13, 2021
SUPERPACK:
If you are made president of Nigeria today, what will you do to remedy the situation of the country as a better alternative to Buhari?

1)
Reduce the cost of government by trimming down the executive to no more than 12 ministerial positions and sacking the hundreds of hangers on that call themselves the aids and PAs...

2)
Start a constitutional change to have just a UNICAMERAL legislature at the federal and regional levels to run the oversight functions of the law makers, cutting off the redundant House of Assemblies at the state levels that are nothing but conduits for malfeasance..

3)
Drastically reduce the budgeted amounts that are yearly earmarked as running costs for both the executive and the legislature. And when I say, reduce, I mean we should have a unicameral legislature with no more than 90 men with a yearly budget of about 1/10 of what they use now!

4) Fight corruption with firing squad! I mean, as a civil servant or as a politician, you must swear an additional oath or pledge, supported by either a family member or your religious leader that if you are convicted beyond reasonable doubt by a well constituted law court of corruption, you should be lined up at the bar beach and be perforated with the ratatatatata of the machine guns!

5)
Strengthen the Army and the police through a very no nonsense recruitment and training regime, cut off corrupt army officers , rebuild barracks (they're the dirtiest places in Nigeria) and use cash gotten from the reduction of the cost of running government to enhance compensation policies across the coercive arms of the state.

6)
It's obvious the military can't be funded to war as it's supposed to with whatever that is budgeted for them, so it's essential to look and think out of the box if you want to see recent fighter jets and submarines and tanks here... So investigate the corrupt processes that is going on in the banks, the telecom sector, the cement industries, lotto companies and the oil blocs awarding process, ... Open a business angle dedicated to getting lion shares in these areas for the military and police and manage the funds very equitably... That's what the Chinese do..

7)
Reduce nepotism in government!
It kills nationalism!
And without nationalism, the people can't come together to grow their country!
Reduce the civil service too! They are way too many and inept! Infact use committees of technocrats to run you program until a healthy civil service is achieved since what we have there now is useless beyond redemption..

8 )
Order shoot at site for illegal miners! Enforce this law aggressively! Set up a special arm of the army, like the US marines, to be heading this area together with safeguarding important economic structures of the state like power stations, highways, oil wells and co..

9) Identify the core materials needed for road constructions which can be easily produced in Nigeria and invest HEAVILY there , employing jobless Nigerians so as to bring down the cost of constructing a kilometer of road to what is obtained globally. Then declare an emergency on road construction, in order to build modern roads that are solid enough to last for decades and wide enough to sustain modern day transportation..

10)
Speed trains! Amaechi trains belong to the last century. Build speed trains here!

11)
Declare an emergency on the power sector. Build coal and gas powered power plants near the source of the minerals. Build big like South Africa!! 5000 megawatts in a plant. Not all these multitude of power stations being built everywhere. Improve the destribution systems too.

12)
Somehow, nationalize the banks. I know this one will make you tighten your anus but be very aware that no country will ever grow if it's banking system is in the hands of local rogues and foreign brigands! They are just lending to traders , that's why we're the biggest importers from China! Lend to production companies and farmers. Otherwise it's just a machinery for capital flight...

I can go up to 100 if you want!
These are easily achievable by an astute president not driven by parochial pulls and class interest..

2 Likes

Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by sameks08(m): 1:00pm On May 13, 2021
waiting for the presidency to tender condolence message to the family
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by tishbite41(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2021
jamace:

Where are the Langtang mafia in all these herdsmen killing of Plateau people?
Zamani Lekwot is the only one actively fighting for his people.

Bali, Dogonyaro were mere 'human rights activists'. They are dead now.

Shagaya won't say anything.

Gowon is speechless.

1 Like

Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by tishbite41(m): 1:02pm On May 13, 2021
gragz8701:

As usual you will come here to cry, wail and display this victim mentality.

How an educated tribe of over 40 million people ended up with this victim mentality baffles me.

Point out any lie in my write-up or shut up.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by tishbite41(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2021
masseratti:
you are a clown... What's secretary of defense in Nigeria? Have you ever heard that before? Secretary kò carpenter ni... Stop disgracing yourself on the internet go back to school.

Go and educate yourself.
Don't display ignorance online.

That position was created specially to keep Abacha as the 2nd-in-command.

Read well.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by dalass(f): 1:05pm On May 13, 2021
Kriss216:

God rest your soul, General Joshua Nimyel Dogonyaro.

Your selfless service to save humanity from evil in 1985 will forever remain evergreen in our memories.

It's quite unfortunate some imbecilic moróns brought back same evil in 2015.

We're still battling same evil till now. The reason[b] we were where we were [/b]today.

grin
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by owobokiri(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2021
tishbite41:

Zamani Lekwot is the only one actively fighting for his people.

Bali, Dogonyaro were mere 'human rights activists'. They are dead now.

Shagaya won't say anything.

Gowon is speechless.
These guys were feared in the past for their ruthlessness..
Never knew they could be overran like this...
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by McStoic(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2021
Sammy07:
Was he the reason why a leave was named after him in SW Ewe dongoyaro (Neem leaf) undecided

Dogonyaro is a Hausa word. It actually means "tall child". It's not a Yoruba word as you thought.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by masseratti: 1:07pm On May 13, 2021
TheAviator:

Sir, he is absolutely correct. That's the hierarchy and title at the time. Abacha was Secretary of Defense, what is know as Minister of Defense today. It was a different title then. In fact, during Muratala's administration, it was called Federal Commissioner of Defense.
my error is noted, thank you.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by tishbite41(m): 1:08pm On May 13, 2021
owobokiri:

These guys were feared in the past for their ruthlessness..
Never knew they could be overran like this...
That's life.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by SefunmiHookups: 1:09pm On May 13, 2021
Life
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by masseratti: 1:11pm On May 13, 2021
tishbite41:

Go and educate yourself.
Don't display ignorance online.

That position was created specially to keep Abacha as the 2nd-in-command.

Read well.
I have. Thank you.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by DWJOBScom(m): 1:20pm On May 13, 2021
Kriss216:

God rest your soul, General Joshua Nimyel Dogonyaro.

Your selfless service to save humanity from evil in 1985 will forever remain evergreen in our memories.

It's quite unfortunate some imbecilic moróns brought back same evil in 2015.

We're still battling same evil till now. The reason we were where we were today.

Off your mic
Off your mic
Its okay
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by kokomilala(m): 1:45pm On May 13, 2021
@Vaughanlanrewaj,your submission,I must admit ,is one of the best I've seen since I joined NL. In terms of content and form. At times,NL is bereft of sound responses. At other times,there's the dearth of sound judgement on the part of responders. The likes and shares some imbecilic comments garner here make me shriek at times.
You're one of those who see military rule or intervention as evil. There's no way military rule can erode even the worst of legal governments. Because, military rule is illegal, unconstitutional and irresponsible. That said,Dogoyaro would still be regarded as an accident of history,part of the coterie of irresponsibles,who plunged Nigeria into an endless abyss of economic,social and political decadence. Throughout history,I'm yet to see where military rule bettered the lives of a people.Well,maybe in Ghadaffi's Libya.But it came as at a price- Libya became a dispersal agency of some sort for terrorists and international criminals.

1 Like

Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by SUPERPACK: 1:48pm On May 13, 2021
owobokiri:

1)
Reduce the cost of government by trimming down the executive to no more than 12 ministerial positions and sacking the hundreds of hangers on that call themselves the aids and PAs...

2)
Start a constitutional change to have just a UNICAMERAL legislature at the federal and regional levels to run the oversight functions of the law makers, cutting off the redundant House of Assemblies at the state levels that are nothing but conduits for malfeasance..

3)
Drastically reduce the budgeted amounts that are yearly earmarked as running costs for both the executive and the legislature. And when I say, reduce, I mean we should have a unicameral legislature with no more than 90 men with a yearly budget of about 1/10 of what they use now!

4) Fight corruption with firing squad! I mean, as a civil servant or as a politician, you must swear an additional oath or pledge, supported by either a family member or your religious leader that if you are convicted beyond reasonable doubt by a well constituted law court of corruption, you should be lined up at the bar beach and be perforated with the ratatatatata of the machine guns!

5)
Strengthen the Army and the police through a very no nonsense recruitment and training regime, cut off corrupt army officers , rebuild barracks (they're the dirtiest places in Nigeria) and use cash gotten from the reduction of the cost of running government to enhance compensation policies across the coercive arms of the state.

6)
It's obvious the military can't be funded to war as it's supposed to with whatever that is budgeted for them, so it's essential to look and think out of the box if you want to see recent fighter jets and submarines and tanks here... So investigate the corrupt processes that is going on in the banks, the telecom sector, the cement industries, lotto companies and the oil blocs awarding process, ... Open a business angle dedicated to getting lion shares in these areas for the military and police and manage the funds very equitably... That's what the Chinese do..

7)
Reduce nepotism in government!
It kills nationalism!
And without nationalism, the people can't come together to grow their country!
Reduce the civil service too! They are way too many and inept! Infact use committees of technocrats to run you program until a healthy civil service is achieved since what we have there now is useless beyond redemption..

8 )
Order shoot at site for illegal miners! Enforce this law aggressively! Set up a special arm of the army, like the US marines, to be heading this area together with safeguarding important economic structures of the state like power stations, highways, oil wells and co..

9) Identify the core materials needed for road constructions which can be easily produced in Nigeria and invest HEAVILY there , employing jobless Nigerians so as to bring down the cost of constructing a kilometer of road to what is obtained globally. Then declare an emergency on road construction, in order to build modern roads that are solid enough to last for decades and wide enough to sustain modern day transportation..

10)
Speed trains! Amaechi trains belong to the last century. Build speed trains here!

11)
Declare an emergency on the power sector. Build coal and gas powered power plants near the source of the minerals. Build big like South Africa!! 5000 megawatts in a plant. Not all these multitude of power stations being built everywhere. Improve the destribution systems too.

12)
Somehow, nationalize the banks. I know this one will make you tighten your anus but be very aware that no country will ever grow if it's banking system is in the hands of local rogues and foreign brigands! They are just lending to traders , that's why we're the biggest importers from China! Lend to production companies and farmers. Otherwise it's just a machinery for capital flight...

I can go up to 100 if you want!
These are easily achievable by an astute president not driven by parochial pulls and class interest..
I hope you know that achieving the above in a democratic state is mostly paper talk. How do you plan to wrestle with the other arms of government because the president is just one. We have seen the senators challenging the president on many occasions already especially as it concern reducing their budget expenditures. How do you eliminate political godfathers that cleared the way for you to win the election? How do you stop state governors from looting the money that are given to them given that they are not directly under the president's powers? Also how do you make the corrupt Judiciary stand by you when a case is open between you and the richer citizens? Your points are good no doubt but in the Nigerian system a lot of problems exists.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by DWJOBScom(m): 1:56pm On May 13, 2021
owobokiri:
I bet that nobody who witnessed Babangidas coup, and how unpopular it was, ever thought they will praise him for doing so at some point in the future... Everybody thought he simply toppled Nigerias Jerry Rawlings just to become a president..

When these guys chased this man away in 1985. .., the coup was so unpopular because of the so called fight against corruption led by Idiagbon.. So much so, that many hoped Babangida will be toppled and Buhari returned to power..

Take a look at what is happening today and you will know why God doesn't answer some prayers sometimes... It took Babangida months to consolidate power and if he wasn't a shrewd manipulator, he could easily have been eliminated as many people felt he toppled a "progressive, corruption fighting, egalitarian government" of Buhari! How wrong we are!

You are a bold student of history
Sorry custodian of history
They were so emotional

1 Like

Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by Blesyn22(m): 2:18pm On May 13, 2021
Bye Gen. Dongoyaro
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by Royruky(m): 2:37pm On May 13, 2021
netflicks:

Even after Diagnosed of multiple organ failure and severe hearing loss....hmmmm naija

Wahala everywhere

1 Like

Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by Dave2011: 2:54pm On May 13, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Whatever but you can't rest well general. Buhari/Tunde idiagbon have every chance to restore the glory of this country back but because of selfishness interest see what you bring to Nigerians?

And Buhari has restored the glory of "your country"?
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by EjaikreTheViper(f): 3:01pm On May 13, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
But if Buhari say he like you now na smile you dey just be smile.

SHUT UP!!!

TALKING RUBBISH
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by Dave2011: 3:02pm On May 13, 2021
owobokiri:
I bet that nobody who witnessed Babangidas coup, and how unpopular it was, ever thought they will praise him for doing so at some point in the future... Everybody thought he simply toppled Nigerias Jerry Rawlings just to become a president..

When these guys chased this man away in 1985. .., the coup was so unpopular because of the so called fight against corruption led by Idiagbon.. So much so, that many hoped Babangida will be toppled and Buhari returned to power..

Take a look at what is happening today and you will know why God doesn't answer some prayers sometimes... It took Babangida months to consolidate power and if he wasn't a shrewd manipulator, he could easily have been eliminated as many people felt he toppled a "progressive, corruption fighting, egalitarian government" of Buhari! How wrong we are!

General Idiagbon was the real man and not this clueless man who lacks the will and capacity to lead. The reason the coupists waited for General Idiagbon to travel to Saudi Arabia for hajj before toppling Buhari without firing a single shot.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by TheAviator: 4:46pm On May 13, 2021
SefunmiHookups:
Eyaa. Everyone will die eventually. This GENERAL knew my father back then in Liberia and in Nigeria also, during the Ecomog days. They both would be in their 80's if these were still alive. Dad would have been 83 now.
I've seen their written faxed letters , and a few photos too for back in their1992-1993 days. R.I.P to all who served and have gone.
Please, can you share some of the faxed letters and photos with me? I am interested in them.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by SefunmiHookups: 5:50pm On May 13, 2021
Dogonyaro
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by frog12: 5:55pm On May 13, 2021
they are all dying ONE by ONE !

AIKHOMU don go, DOMBAK BALI don go, who's next ??
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by TheAviator: 6:03pm On May 13, 2021
SefunmiHookups:

And that will be exposing my family name and info to an extent. I'd prefer to keep it private nau...as you'd expect.
But hey,....they say everyone's got a price abi? ;-).

Okay, if sharing the letters will expose your family name, I can forget about the letters and request for photos only. The only reason why I am interested in these items is because of my love for history.

If you meant paying for the photos, when you said "everyone's got a price abi?", honestly I am not looking to pay.

I wish you could please, share the photos with me without demanding for money.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by SefunmiHookups: 6:12pm On May 13, 2021
All the old leaders are just going, one after the other.
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by owobokiri(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2021
SUPERPACK:
I hope you know that achieving the above in a democratic state is mostly paper talk. How do you plan to wrestle with the other arms of government because the president is just one. We have seen the senators challenging the president on many occasions already especially as it concern reducing their budget expenditures. How do you eliminate political godfathers that cleared the way for you to win the election? How do you stop state governors from looting the money that are given to them given that they are not directly under the president's powers? Also how do you make the corrupt Judiciary stand by you when a case is open between you and the richer citizens? Your points are good no doubt but in the Nigerian system a lot of problems exists.

The same president that found a way to remove the Supreme Court Chief Justice, can not find a way to cut the cost of government?
The same president that trounced the law to make himself the Petroleum Minister against what the constitution says?
The same president that has ignored constitutional dictates on issues regarding the federal character in appointments without giving a hoot what others say?
Same presidency under Obasanjo that withheld Lagos State allocations and changed the supposedly independent Senate Presidents multiple times!
The same presidency that has clandestinely organized impeachments in Bayelsa, Plautue etc?

Same presidency that delves into consolidated accounts to use for her preferences without informing states as is constitutionally required?
Same presidency that appropriates more than the constitutionally budgeted year in year out?
If the presidents under different regimes in this democratic dispensation can skirt around the constitution/laws to achieve their personal/sectional/class interests, why can't they find ways to bamboozle their way through and make the structural changes necessary to enhance the abilities of the state to function?
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by TheAviator: 6:24pm On May 13, 2021
SefunmiHookups:

Lol...and of course, I knew you must have to
be someone who loves history and archaic things , hhehe.... You're a love of "The Arts" as they say. I know it wasn't to prove my claims of having those docs in the archives.
I'll look for other docs for you and paste them here for you to see and "savour their old taste." Ok, I'll try to find something interesting...I hope. But the personal ones , I can't give for free oo. That's why they are vintage and archaic and a thing of interest. At least make I form historian too, hehe.

Okay, thanks for the ones you want to share. I appreciate. If you don't want to post them here, being a public platform, you can send them to my email: stephenem@yahoo.com

Thanks very much
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by SefunmiHookups: 6:28pm On May 13, 2021
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by SefunmiHookups: 6:37pm On May 13, 2021
History
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by TheAviator: 6:39pm On May 13, 2021
SefunmiHookups:

Well, you said u find history or old stuff (if I'm correct) a thing of interest. Ok let's start with this one below. It was a document by my father requesting estacode money from Government authorities to cover cost of a cataract surgery to be carried out on his left eye, back in the year 1992.
So the Mr. Oluwole man, was the Minister/ Ambassador of Nigeria in Washington DC and my father was also a key staff of the embassy there. He was councilor of political affairs of the Nigerian Embassy in DC.
With time I'll send you other older and less older meeting dialogues, speeches and letters of different people and functions from yesteryears. Don't know if you'll find them interesting Sha. I will check the suitcases for General Dongonyaro's letter between them. I remember seeing it sometime in the past. I'll have to dig it up. I'll Sha blurr the first namea of my dad to keep it private. Surname is not that vital, as other people also have that name. But if I put the first name , some people here might want to research my claims and figure out who I am or his kids and grandkids are. I'm just saying.

Thanks so much for this. Please, if you come across old photos of those military officers, share them with me. Thanks
Re: General Joshua Dogonyaro Is Dead by TheAviator: 6:40pm On May 13, 2021
SefunmiHookups:

No wahala, Sir. You're welcome. Whenever I can find some, I'll email them over to ya. But most of them are not in my present house, they're back in another state. Majority of the photos are not here. Like the one with late Pope John Paul the 2nd, bishop Desmond Tutu...Mandela and Charles Taylor and others. They are back in my hometown. It'll be a long time before I travel there tho.. So sometime later I'll get you to see them.
Have a good evening.

Thanks very much. I appreciate. Bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Where Is Nigeria's President, Muhammadu Buhari? - BBC / El-Rufai's Son Shares Photo Of His Father And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.