Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,776 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted (40119 Views)

Man Electrocuted While Trying To Save A Bird Trapped On A High Tension Wire / Lady Electrocuted To Death By High Tension Cable In Lagos. Photos / 11-Year-Old Student Electrocuted After Stepping On Nakked Wire. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by 900warriorz: 2:04pm On May 13, 2021
RIP to the dead cry
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Luigi02(m): 2:04pm On May 13, 2021
I blame Buhary for this.
RIP embarassed
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Goldbw122(m): 2:05pm On May 13, 2021
Rip, rest well in the bosom of the Lord
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Dearlord(m): 2:05pm On May 13, 2021
Man Must Die one day RIP baby boy
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Armstrong34(m): 2:05pm On May 13, 2021
If not for our failed and quack educational system, would this thing ever happen...................This is just a reflection of how decayed our system has gotten to................Spits on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by coolbreezy01: 2:05pm On May 13, 2021
Why I'm always careful working on wires. God rest his soul.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by henryadex(m): 2:05pm On May 13, 2021
Pity your parents and wards
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 13, 2021
Jenof:
SORRY BUT PEOPLE WEY DEY ALIVE GAZ CHOP MONEY, RIP TO THE DEAD.

LET'S WIN VERY BIG WITH FIVE[ODD];
KICKOFF @ 2:30PM THIS AFTERNOON;
PAYMENT AFTER WINNING;
WHATS-APP;
0 8 1 2 2 7 2 1 8 1 1

Scammer
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Augla1: 2:06pm On May 13, 2021
But wait electricity kill electrical engineering student? Wetin e go do me if e catch me, an ordinary farmer?

Rest in peace, man.
Bravo! I think you died for what you love doing, that is if no JAMB push you there.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Augla1: 2:07pm On May 13, 2021
But wait electricity kill electrical engineering student? Wetib e go do me of e catch me, an ordinary farmer?

Rest in peace, man.
Bravo, I think you died for what you believed.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Seniorwriter(m): 2:07pm On May 13, 2021
RIP

Died during active service! S A D one.

@SeniorWriter
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by AK481(m): 2:09pm On May 13, 2021
Engineering safety was neglected
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by symbianDON(m): 2:09pm On May 13, 2021
Totilopussylick:
But Buhari hand isn't involved on this matter na angry
but it's all buhari's fault na!
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 13, 2021
tito44:
Buhari's badluck everywhere. This man came to kill, steal and destroy.
I WONDER WHEN YOU GUY'S MENTIONED BUHARI IN EVERYONE ISSUE IN NIGERIA____MY SIMPLE QUESTION IS THAT WHY PEOPLE DON'T MENTION THE COWS AND KANGAROOS THAT SURROUNDING BUHARI IN ASO ROCK WHO ALWAYS ADVISE BUHARI BECAUSE IN THE REAL WORLD____ ADVISER'$ ARE THE REAL KEY TO THE GOVERNMENT NOT HERE IN NIGERIA WHERE MENTAL DEFICIENCY DID NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO SEE FRONT
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by gift2xl: 2:09pm On May 13, 2021
Too much of theory. Rip bro

1 Like

Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by ecomalchemist(m): 2:09pm On May 13, 2021
what a loss, rest in peace brother
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by eedimo(m): 2:12pm On May 13, 2021
abobote:
The way most of this electrician plays with light and neglect safety measures, you will begin to wonder if they have convenant with the electricity. Anyway RIP dude
That's true Bru.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Braintrain: 2:14pm On May 13, 2021
Mr electroCUTE
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by womenareapes2: 2:16pm On May 13, 2021
Obio4real:
By Obio Monday

A final year student of the Department of Electrical Electrical/Electronics, University of Cross River State, formerly CRUTECH, Offiong Joseph Ekott has been electrocuted in Calabar, few months to his graduation.

GRASSROOT REPORTERS gathered that the incident took place on Monday, May 10, at the Nigerian Navy Barracks, Atimbo, Calabar, where the deceased went to carry out some electrical repairs in one of the apartments in the barracks.

A classmate of the deceased told GRASSROOT REPORTERS that the late OJ, as he is fondly called was hale and hearty as of Monday afternoon when they were together in school, only to be told on Tuesday evening when he called to find out why he did not take part in their Continuous Assessment Test on Tuesday that he had passed on.

The late Offiong was said to have fell off the ladder after he was electrocuted. His WhatsApp Status update on Monday afternoon read: "Out for a while, Xoxo".

A close friend of the deceased, Esu Etim Esu expressed sadness of the demise of his close pally.

Speaking to GRASSROOT REPORTERS in an an emotion-ladden voice, Esu said:

"I'm shocked and dumbfounded. This is someone that we were together on Monday afternoon, doing assignments together. We had planned on a big celebration on our graduation day, which is few months from now. Now he is no more!"

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2021/05/final-year-crutech-electrical.html
you went to study electrical engineering but go electrocuted,

Congrats for passing the final test!
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 13, 2021
Totilopussylick:
But Buhari hand isn't involved on this matter na angry

we all know Bubu has a hand in dat young mans death...
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Kohne: 2:18pm On May 13, 2021
What could have gone wrong. RIP dude
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 13, 2021
cry cry R.I.P to him, omo! i hate typing that Rip shit! but, it's something that can't stop because people keep dying everyday.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by akilo1: 2:22pm On May 13, 2021
This is what u get when you learn electrical engineering onlone
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Fuckingmallam45(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Mheen! Even on a festive day, we can't have good news on Frontpage althrough the day! Rest in peace bro. May God strengthen your family at this difficult period. Mheen!
Nairaland mods decided to feed us with bad news, knowing to the fact that bad news summons more traffic to the site than any other thing. In a nutshell, they feed us with what we always aspire to hear.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Fuckingmallam45(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2021
Armstrong34:
If not for our failed and quack educational system, would this thing ever happen...................This is just a reflection of how decayed our system has gotten to................Spits on Nigeria

Is it not a shame to hear this...............Nigeria is suppose to merge with other countries and not qualified to exist on it's own........

isn't it sympathetic that a computer scientist and ICT graduate in Nigeria cannot install a common software into a PC.............When over here in europe , the first assignment we were given as ICT first year students after our introduction week was to build our own website with HTML and CSS.....Imagine what we would be expected to be doing by the time we reach our finals
Well you make a lot of sense, but let’s take a look at this in another perspective. What if this guy is a satisfied electrician but decided to neglect all the safety precautions? Are we still going to blame the educational system?

1 Like

Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Itzurboi(m): 2:39pm On May 13, 2021
Desmond Elliot, why nah... Why did you construct the ladder undecided... R.I.p brother.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Starz825(m): 2:41pm On May 13, 2021
Na wa ooo
To think he was even an elect-elect student...
Out for a while indeed.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Love55freas(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2021
so sad
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by smallsmall: 2:53pm On May 13, 2021
So because im dey study Elec-Elec, im don turn himself to Up Nepa, e go dey discharge Nepa wire? shocked shocked
RIP, lesson to the living.
Re: Final Year CRUTECH Electrical Engineering Student Electrocuted by Ovis1302(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2021
" Electricity is a good servant and a bad master" Discuss.
That was one of our exams questions in our final year at the uni.
Electrical safety should always be the top priority before executing any electrical projects relating to voltages above 240V.
The first thing to do is to ISOLATE...for residential buildings, isolate by removing the cut-out fuses/ engaging the switch gears .
Wearing of Insulated Hand Glove is a must too.
May his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta Hospital Stockpiles Corpses In The Open (Pictured) / Why Does My Hand Shake Tremendously (propanol) / 304 New COVID-19 Cases, 242 Discharged And 14 Deaths On August 4 -(15,088 Test)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.