Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria (33712 Views)

10 Life Hacks On How To Save & Manage Money In Nigeria / "5k Is Not Small Money In This Buhari Weather"- Angry First Bank Customer / 5 Effective Methods To Save A Failing Business And Get It To Rise Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Kisap11: 4:51pm On May 13, 2021
Ok
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Asadujames202(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2021
Save money today and money will save you tomorrow

1 Like

Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by DesChyko: 4:54pm On May 13, 2021
Sysdatek:
Copy and paste
undecided

As in.. Nothing wrong with copying articles but at least streamline it to resonate within your audience.

1 Like

Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 4:55pm On May 13, 2021
heartbraker:
All dis rules are for poor people, u dont tell with a dailly income of 1million naira make person still dey follow all dis kind stupid rules. U will smoke enough weed, bang enough pussy drink enough beer yet u will still save enough money.
/
N1m income comes with N1m problems.

I hope you know.
\
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Jeffyblaq(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2021
CotenantNIG:
I find this very interesting

https://cowrywise.com/blog/ways-save-
money-nigeria/
In all these yuh long epistle, you didn't even figure it out that a good savings goes with some kinda investment..

I ain't talking bout stocking yuh money in d bank.. But at least get a landed properties for a start.

You do well!

1 Like

Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by stupidmod3: 5:01pm On May 13, 2021
Lekan239:
that means you can eat half bag of rice in a year. Me I eat much small so it do last 6month for only me, carton of spaghetti last 5-6 month too. You buy Beans also, buy red oil, buy dry pepper, buy garri, semo, indomie, this are some non perishable food stuff, with 30k you will get all this in bulk in the market. If it's only you consuming them, it will last for at least 5-6 months. Which is 180days.

Now let's say you eat 100naira food like you claimed, you will eat breakfast,lunch and dinner make 300naira perday.

300*180,000 =54,000naira
i grew up ok with d little i get.
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Lekan239(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2021
stupidmod3:
i grew up ok with d little i get.

the guy you are talking to might be in a worst condition and grew up more worst than you.

I'm just following this quote "people say rich people are stingy, no they are not, they are just being prudent with their money. You better change your mentality, else you ain't getting rich if you continue bring wasteful.
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by NairaMaster1(m): 5:12pm On May 13, 2021
CotenantNIG:
I find this very interesting

https://cowrywise.com/blog/ways-save-money-nigeria/

Poverty bad. See how you have turned yourself to houseboy because of saving.

When the true money comes you will drop poverty mentality.
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by otabaotaba: 5:13pm On May 13, 2021
If u can't save 5k on 30k salary, u may not be able to save when you earn 100k cos ur luxury will automatically expand
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by abiala2015(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2021
Good advice!
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Reels71: 5:25pm On May 13, 2021
Most of these rules will cause you depression, it's better to acquire skills that will help you earn more, life is too short to abide by all these boring rules.
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by FunnyDude(m): 5:26pm On May 13, 2021
Wawelexy:
oga, nothing concern politician and yahoo boy with all this list, guess u re talking to the salary earner gang.

Sincerely
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Sagay212: 5:30pm On May 13, 2021
Pack lunch when going to which work? Lol...where una dey work dey carry lunch go?
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by seyz91(m): 5:31pm On May 13, 2021
confirm! you said it all
flyca:
Nigeria is truly hard.
It's difficult to really enjoy life with all these up-tight schedules. Unwittingly, someone will be 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 getting ready to die without savoring the very essense of life.

What is life without simple luxuries?
No vacations, no nature rides, insecurity everywhere even in urban cities/centers, mannually wash your clothes, cook your food, have date nights at home, don't visit spas, don't go to cinemas, don't attend live-shows, reduce your already-reduced food portions.

Somedays, even fruits, milk, sardines, mayonnaise, salads are considered grandeur. Buy thrift-clothes, second-hand gadgets, drive car without AC, sometimes jump danfo to save fuel, many forgone alternatives, no self-pampering! Nothing nothing!

Just existing, mentally calculating every penny through each day. Life is not fun for many Nigerians embarassed
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by WantsandMore: 5:37pm On May 13, 2021
I love eventbrite, if you r in a busy city like Lagos, Abuja , ph & the likes ...eventbrite should be your go to event calendar
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Coolgasman(m): 5:38pm On May 13, 2021
Story too much. Just buy Kolo dey put money inside from Jan to Dec

1 Like

Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Ayodex92: 5:47pm On May 13, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Strive to earn decent then you can think of saving
This is Nigeria!
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by stupidmod3: 5:48pm On May 13, 2021
Lekan239:
the guy you are talking to might be in a worst condition and grew up more worst than you.

I'm just following this quote "people say rich people are stingy, no they are not, they are just being prudent with their money. You better change your mentality, else you ain't getting rich if you continue bring wasteful.

for real dude ur quote be like breeze its here n there
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Abyounghammed(m): 5:59pm On May 13, 2021
I pray God intervene broz
flyca:
Nigeria is truly hard.
It's difficult to really enjoy life with all these up-tight schedules. Unwittingly, someone will be 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 getting ready to die without savoring the very essense of life.

No vacations, no nature rides, insecurity everywhere even in urban cities/centers, mannually wash your clothes, cook your food, have date nights at home, don't visit spas, don't go to cinemas, don't attend live-shows, reduce your already-reduced food portions.

Somedays, even fruits, milk, sardines, mayonnaise, salads are considered grandeur. Buy thrift-clothes, second-hand gadgets, drive car without AC, sometimes jump danfo to save fuel, many forgone alternatives, no room for self-pampering! Nothing nothing!

Just existing, mentally calculating every penny through each day. Life is not fun for many Nigerians embarassed
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Blackdisciple(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2021
I like number 8 .
Practice the 30day Rule.

And by doing it you might realised that you weren't in need of it at that time.

1 Like

Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2021
Nice points however some applies to people in the diaspora..

Biko, diaspora no bi for pesin wey dey Oworonshoki or Ojora
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Marsh104(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2021
OP, Number 6 has been saving life since 1983. Thanks bro for the listed points. We must survive.

1 Like

Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by chiubaemeka(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2021
Copy and paste from one website. Good but not completely realistic
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by olatunji390(m): 6:53pm On May 13, 2021
This write up is not for Nigerians oooo, where is YouTube free
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by smasher1(m): 7:12pm On May 13, 2021
Sysdatek:
Copy and paste

Wetin concern 30k a month with savings and health insurance

Leave this kind shllt for Americans
Na pesin wey get job dey save

Saving naira sef is like burning money gradually
Ask those who kept 1m naira for the last 10 years undecided

undecided

It's still best to save no matter the salary inflation etc. By the way save at least 3 months of your salary or monthly profits for the unexpected.
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by smasher1(m): 7:14pm On May 13, 2021
heartbraker:
All dis rules are for poor people, u dont tell with a dailly income of 1million naira make person still dey follow all dis kind stupid rules. U will smoke enough weed, bang enough pussy drink enough beer yet u will still save enough money.

Not true. The rich like this go for luxury goods, alcohol etc. Don't engage in such or you would be broke.
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by smasher1(m): 7:16pm On May 13, 2021
Valentinooo:
The only way to save money is to make more money.

Or how do you expect a salary earner on 40k salary to save in this present Buhari economy

If you can't save with a small income, you'll definitely not save with a higher income. Get the savings culture today no matter the pay.
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by riches4me(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2021
The5DME:
This advise no go work for Nigeria oh OP.
In as much as Nigeria looks like a dead pool right now to many. There are still set of people buying or building houses, buying cars. Buying tvs worth 300k and above and planning and going in vacations. The best part is, they have nothing to with POLITICS, YAHOO YAHOO, RITUALS or any KIND of THUGGERY related businesses in Nigeria
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by xcelentattitude(m): 8:22pm On May 13, 2021
Are these for Nigerians?
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 13, 2021
flyca:
Nigeria is truly hard.

Somedays, even fruits, milk, sardines, mayonnaise, salads are considered grandeur. Buy thrift-clothes, second-hand gadgets, drive car without AC, sometimes jump danfo to save fuel, many forgone alternatives, no room for self-pampering! Nothing nothing!

na wa o, i try to enjoy o, may God help me
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by sixtus3606(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2021
CotenantNIG:
We have plots of land for sale for as low as #1,500,000 at ibeju lekki
click link below to see more
https://clytee.com/2021/05/11/max-garden-odeomi/
How about 1M?
Re: 19 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria by CotenantNIG: 8:54pm On May 13, 2021
sixtus3606:

How about 1M?

We have that too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians / Which Bank Has The Most Reliable Atm Machine? / Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.