Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Get More Clients/customers (A Free Thread) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Get More Clients/customers (A Free Thread) (428 Views)

[new] Latest App To Burst For Clients As A Frauder / Please How Can I Start Getting Jobs Or Clients As A Website Designer / How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get More Clients/customers (A Free Thread) by Samofthenet(m): 10:38pm On May 13, 2021
Hello, my name is Samuel. I'm pretty much new here, but I have a lot of value to share, and I believe collaboration is vital to success in life. Hence my motivation to spread value wherever I find myself smiley. HERE WE GO!!

Getting clients in saturated freelance websites can be a real hassle these days.
Fiverr is overpopulated, and there is pricing aggression while freelancer.com and Upwork, on the other hand, are paid and filled with high-quality pros, which makes it hard to get clients who would rather go for a well-versed pro. In trying to get clients, you come down to Nairaland, and you list your services. Still, the people here want you to be a slave for them instead, as they suggest a sudden altitudinal drop in prices. We all know the type of jobs being posted here, even within my short period of time as a guest...

In the end, your best bet is to outsource the clients yourself from anywhere and everywhere, be it the DM's of businesses, on insta, WhatsApp, LinkedIn their emails. But this can be a real hassle; trust me, I have been there. Sending someone a cold message on Instagram about your service usually seems unprofessional, to say the least; it exposes your social media profile as well, which, if not impressive enough, can cause you a lot of problems for your reputation. Imagine "Gunmanwale947" sending you a message on Instagram telling you about his SEO services. You look at his profile picture and find many pictures in which several are laced with alcohol, guns, and women. Oh, and he uses a skull for his profile picture; let me give a bit of excellent advice if you plan on sourcing clients yourself on insta, follow the steps below:

1) Insta-Go to google, for example, if you want to do SEO, pick a niche and a location, i.e., search for restaurants in Manchester (mix it up it could be lawyers in Toronto, pet stores in Minnesota; the possibilities here are endless.), check the name of their businesses, run it on insta, see what pops up. You've gotten their username now to send a professional, personalized message to them telling them about what you offer and how it will help their business. They must know how your SEO optimization (or what you do) will give them more customers and more profit. Just introduce yourself briefly; it’s about their business, not about you. Also, do not be a slowpoke; some of you joke in the process of being trying to be fun and friendly; which serious business has the time to hear jokes when working? Be precise when pitching them about your services and copy write your sales pitch to get them interested and do what you want (pay you for your service). Also, let your social profile correlate with the service you offer, let everything you do on insta relate to that service; in your bio, put a good description and put your website link there as well if you have one while you are at it—message businesses in their time zones. Do not message an American business in the afternoon when the owners are still in bed; it's insta but be professional in all you do. Show a portfolio of your past works, too; it helps in converting more leads.

2) LinkedIn- LinkedIn is a place where you can find most professional businesses; it is a goldmine if you know how to use it well. The pay is excellent (you need experience in your field, resources to use this properly)...
Some yahoo boys secretly use this stuff, not encouraging fraudulent activities, but I’ve heard of them using the platform for corporate fraud. A guy gets about $5000 in crypto per client from this alone. The last time I checked in with him, he had close to $60,000 in his portfolio, not to talk of what he has cashed out already. I'm just giving you a heads up to know that there is competition here already because some yahoo boys will package and present themselves better than people who are actually pros not to talk of a newbie, not to discourage you. Still, it’s just a friendly heads up that nothing good comes easy. So how do you present yourself? Sign up with your professional domain email, i.e., dele@seoplace.com (converts well from experience instead of just using Gmail at the point of lead conversion), then complete your profile if you do not know how to do this search for top accounts in your niche and mirror their profiles. It is pretty much easier as it has been done, and it is converting already. All you need to do is copy that same format (top accounts only). To find clients, all you need to do is google your targets in this simple format LinkedIn*profession*in*county*city*country*
E.g., LinkedIn Ophthalmologists in Fulham London UK. The keywords could be shorter, but that is Google’s business, not yours; you will get results from here, follow them on LinkedIn and follow recommended accounts as well so that algorithm will bring similar accounts who are potential clients. Now the format I use is extra work and requires stalking but works like gold. Firstly, I approach them by searching for their names on other platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (platforms where people are seen interacting). I interact with them and agree on a casual issue: sport, politics, entertainment, and such. Make a statement that would make that person respond to what you posted. I'm basically warming up a cold prospect enter the client wisely don't message him immediately that you do SEO or whatever you do, if you don't know how to enter a client, I cannot teach you that here; talk to a VERY NICE SUCCESSFUL yahoo boy or learn it online and if you want to learn it from me my number is on my signature, message me on WhatsApp. So after you warm up the client, use a pitch like this.

Hey (Client),
We met on Twitter the other day; we discussed who the problem in Manchester United was, The Glazers or The Fans. I was tempted to search for your account here as I love interacting with only like-minded people, and luckily, I found you on here.
Have you watched the game this week? The team is still a shadow of what Manchester United was (or improving).
Anyway, since I found that you are a professional in what you do, I was looking to create a network of people I have interacted with before(on Twitter) on LinkedIn to get familiar with the platform. If you are wondering what I do, I'm into SEO-Search Engine Optimization (or whatever you do); I help people propel their websites in front of their desired audience. I can see that you are an ophthalmologist from your profile. If you are ever interested in getting more clients, send me a message or an email at you@domain.com, and I will set up something for you. Don't miss the game. I’ll want to talk to you about it. REDS FOR LIFE!!!

Study the emotional structure of the procedures and note all I've been doing to get my client's attention. Target people with unpopular opinions more if you can, it seems like overkill, but THEY WILL LOVE YOU FOR SHOWING LOVE. They are vulnerable because the whole world rejects their opinions, but you accepted them. By the time you are at the negotiation stage, you get to name your price- you don't sort your prices because of what one Indian freelancer set as his dignity on Fiverr, you name your fucking price (This is what vulnerability can do to people, you use that to your advantage) Name your worth.
I do a lot more than this to glue and seal clients, but this is an idea of how I find and get them. If you do get replies, then search for "follow up sales pitch" and customize it according to your scenario/needs. Follow-up messages cannot be overemphasized in business. I need you to know that I'm[b] NOT TEACHING YOU TO BE A YAHOO BOY[/b]; the difference is that you will deliver the service while a yahoo boy does not deliver; you are only sourcing for clients the way they do...
Again follow up because "they don't reply" does not mean they saw your message on LinkedIn; many people don't check their DMS. Remember the Time zones, too, even if it means late nights. This is a briefcase study of how you can seal clients on LinkedIn, I know it could be more comprehensive, but I don't have that time. Let's leave the Grimm Art of Manipulation here.

Pros:
You are building a personal long-lasting client relationship if you offer actual quality, not a hit-and-run.
You just got yourself an ATM if all goes well, and you have a good entrepreneurial sense, i.e., upselling, down selling, cross-selling, free incentives, and soooo much more.
You are on a platform where you will get to network with many other people in your field.
You will ask for and get more referrals as you have just built a personal relationship.

3) Email Extraction- This method is actually my favorite, even though it does not convert as much as the LinkedIn method. It gives me a chance to more humanism and simplicity. This will be pretty straightforward; firstly, you use the method used in the examples above to search for your targets, check if they have a website in their business listing on google business or any other business listing. If they do copy the web site's link, go to hunter.io and extract the emails the website has, look through the emails, try and find the decision-maker of the business and send him/her a mail with your PROFESSIONAL EMAIL. Here is the format I use to trigger email responses:

Subject line: Feedback about personalcomfortbed.com
Hi Craig! (Decision Maker)

I decided to send you and your teammate Scott (another employee found through the emails extracted) my feedback on your website.

I found personalcomfortbed.com while searching for the best e-commerce websites in Orlando.

It looks user amicable and has an individual design. I sincerely like it.

I noticed some issues in your web ranking (Search Engine Optimization), in any case. Are you aware of it?

As a technician, I found out that you use Magento 1 version, and I know it has lots of performance drops (random problem).

Over the lifetime of Magento 1(random software), what difficulties have you faced?

Keep up the excellent work!

This type of email is basically for getting responses from cold emails. It's simple, straightforward, and works so well. It is still not automated though, I know of a tool that you can use to extract emails, websites, phone numbers, and a whole lot more all at once from multiple websites; simultaneously, it really eases your workflow, but it's paid. Hit me up on WhatsApp if you need that; my number link is on my signature. When they respond, tell them what their problem is costing them, tell them how you can help them solve that problem when they acknowledge that there is indeed an issue, start to negotiate. If you cannot make them see the problem you are seeing, they won't think they need you; make them think so.

Method Pros:
It is simple and ethical.
It gives room for workflow automation.
It works really well.
If you use a professional email, you are beckoning to the client to check your website where your portfolio is. Your website is your sales funnel.
Okay, guys, thank you for following this thread up till now. I really appreciate it, like I would appreciate a like and a share. I drop stuff like this along with wealth creation guides on my WhatsApp status every single day for free all you need to do is add me there https:///s/samuel.
As for skilled persons from other niches (graphics design, web design, copywriters, etc.), I admonish you to re-engineer the procedures above to your taste, and if you are confused about something or need more information on a term, you can ask me here or on WhatsApp where I reply faster.
Again thanks for following me up till now; make sure to leave a like or a share. It encourages me to drop more stuff like this on nairaland. HAPPY HUNTING smiley.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Get More Clients/customers (A Free Thread) by Samofthenet(m): 9:38am On May 14, 2021
If you need help, you can always message me. smiley

(1) (Reply)

(urgent) I Need To Connect With Any Igcse Computer Science (0478) Teacher / We Should Start Writing Programs In Our Indigenous Languages ? / How To Install Graphviz On Windows10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.