Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation (22716 Views)

Ghana Reprimands David Hundeyin For Misrepresentation Of Events / Israel-Hamas War: Obidients Attack David Hundeyin For Defending Palestinians / Segalink Calls out Michael Morgan And Hundeyin For Cyberbullying And Defamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Emelcee: 11:20pm On May 13, 2021
••• Demand Public Apology from Journalist, set 14Days deadline
***Feel Free to Sue~ Hundeyin Replies

The Minister for Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio has sued Mr. David Hundeyin for false publication and defamation of his character, according to the Twitter publication made by Nigeria's trending investigative journalist Mr. Hundeyin, the letter he received from the Minister's lawyer was addressed to 'BusinessDay' newspaper and Hundeyin on his Twitter post stated that he doesn't work there. He further challenged the former Senator and Governor of Akwa Ibom State to sue him for all he cares.

Read From David Hundeyin below����
"Hi
@Senator_Akpabio
, this has come to my attention.

First of all, no idea why the lawyer you hired addressed it to BusinessDay as if I work there"

"Second, please feel free to sue"

"Thanks."

©@Akwaibomdaily

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by seunmsg(m): 11:25pm On May 13, 2021
I commend the former governor for taking this step. He should address the letter properly and sue if apology and retraction is not received. This is the best way to clear his name.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by FarahAideed: 11:30pm On May 13, 2021
If I talk now emotional people will attack me ...how can you use True caller and that very unreliable cell tower locator to form the fulcrum of your investigative journalism .

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by seunmsg(m): 11:39pm On May 13, 2021
FarahAideed:
If I talk now emotional people will attack me ...how can you use True caller and that very unreliable cell tower locator to form the fulcrum of your investigative journalism .

I don’t even have a problem with how he arrived at all the possible angles to the murder. He did a great job by opening up leads that could be further investigated.

When such crime occur in saner climes, they don’t just close the case after arresting or killing the major culprit. They investigate thoroughly to determine if he’s acting alone or working with others.

However, Nigerians must realize that David’s work is not conclusive. There is still no credible evidence linking Kufre, Akpabio, the LGA chairman, DPO, and the NGO to the murder. All the angles he came up with are speculative for now and not facts. Investigators will still need to work very hard to determine if the people mentioned by David truly have a hand in the murder. Until credible evidence have been gathered, those mentioned deserves the benefit of doubt. The social media mob must stop the social media lynching that is currently going on.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by moriss33(m): 11:43pm On May 13, 2021
David get bad mouth

7 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by InaNla(f): 11:44pm On May 13, 2021
Your sins will find you OUT!

4 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Penguin2: 11:50pm On May 13, 2021
It’s been back to back own goal for Akpabio since he joined APC.

David Hundeyin should not cower, maybe he will burst a syndicate that deals in human parts using stupid NGO as cover while Akpabio is their political godfather with fat percentage after each successful deal.

The syndicate are probably the ones that has been sending the boy, who’s now in police custody, to kill those innocent girls, harvest their organs and bury them in shallow graves.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Penguin2: 11:54pm On May 13, 2021
seunmsg:

I don’t even have a problem with how he arrived at all the possible angles to the murder. He did a great job by opening up leads that could be further investigated.

When such crime occur in saner climes, they don’t just close the case after arresting or killing the major culprit. They investigate thoroughly to determine if he’s acting alone or working with others.

However, Nigerians must realize that David’s work is not conclusive. There is still no credible evidence linking Kufre, Akpabio, the LGA chairman, DPO, and the NGO to the murder. All the angles he came up with are speculative for now and not facts. Investigators will still need to work very hard to determine if the people mentioned by David truly have a hand in the murder. Until credible evidence have been gathered, those mentioned deserves the benefit of doubt. The social media mob must stop the social media lynching that is currently going on.

In saner climes, would David be hunted? Shouldn’t the police rather follow the leads his investigations has provided and see if they come up with something?

Every lead is speculative until something is established.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by jlinkd78(m): 11:55pm On May 13, 2021
Oh God let the truth be unearthed

5 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by LadySarah: 12:01am On May 14, 2021
jlinkd78:
Oh God let the truth be unearthed

Unearthed ke?when it is been reported that Uduak Akpan' committed suicide'.

You dont know your country at all.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:05am On May 14, 2021
I knew his direct reference to Akpabio was political...as he (David) is a core PDP and Atiku supporter..He should have stayed with his investigative article without veering off to malign his political opponents..

Good one Akpabio..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:05am On May 14, 2021
LadySarah:

Unearthed ke?when it is been reported that Uduak Akpan' committed suicide'.

You dont know your country at all.

FAKE NEWS

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Penguin2: 12:11am On May 14, 2021
NgeneUkwenu:
I knew his direct reference to Akpabio was political...as he (David) is a core PDP and Atiku supporter..He should have stayed with his investigative article without veering off to malign his political opponents..

Good one Akpabio..

Is it a crime if you are reasonable?

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:06am On May 14, 2021
Isn't this the gentleman that exposed terrorist Pantami?
BMCs won't like him

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by IgweOfNnewi: 3:38am On May 14, 2021
I like this David for been bold

11 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Karlovych: 3:39am On May 14, 2021
A lot of Nigerian politicians engage in one form of dark activity, I wouldn't be surprised if Akpabio is involved in this mess, also with the way things are going regarding this case I wouldn't be surprised if the boy is killed to cover up those involved with the girl's death or is whisked away from the country. Anyone expecting justice for a commoner in Nigeria is in for a huge disappointment.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by ecomalchemist(m): 6:29am On May 14, 2021
THE TRUTH SHALL COME TO LIGHT

7 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by nthony10: 6:48am On May 14, 2021
Look at Akpabio trying to cover face.
Law suit that has no head

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Nobody: 6:56am On May 14, 2021
Well.... the truth would come out eventually..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by seunmsg(m): 7:12am On May 14, 2021
Penguin2:

In saner climes, would David be hunted? Shouldn’t the police rather follow the leads his investigations has provided and see if they come up with something?

Every lead is speculative until something is established.

So, how’s what you said different from what I said?

10 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by GboyegaD(m): 7:13am On May 14, 2021
Hmm... Why the noise though?
Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by blinking001(m): 7:14am On May 14, 2021
Godswill Akpabuyo just made me proud, I'm glad he sued that overfed boy. Nonsense.
Y'all should be careful with the way you defame peoples names on this forum oh especially our lovely Daddy President. He needs our prayers and love not curses upon curses. Haba na

5 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by dontbothermuch: 7:14am On May 14, 2021
I knew it would come to this.

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Goldenheart(m): 7:14am On May 14, 2021
Clowns
Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Elostar: 7:14am On May 14, 2021
D
Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by EricSmallz(m): 7:15am On May 14, 2021
G
Re: Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation by Rebuke: 7:15am On May 14, 2021
He should just get lost. Now I am beginning to have the feelings that this Akpabio guy isn't clean or totally unconnected to the killer guy.

The David guy should stand his ground and never give room for fear. This is just an attempt to cower the guy and force him to stop revealing things.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nureni Jimoh Locked Up In Kano Office 24 Hours After Court Ruling / Morgan State University Choir To Perform In Nigeria May 29-31 — U.S. Consulate / Fuel Crisis: We’ll Vote Buhari Out In 2019 – Enugu Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.