Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Why I Rejected Man United's Move - Upamecano Reveals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Rejected Man United's Move - Upamecano Reveals (405 Views)

Odion Ighalo: I Took Pay Cut To Secure Manchester United Move / Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style / Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Rejected Man United's Move - Upamecano Reveals by MckenzieSkyBlog: 11:44pm On May 13, 2021
RB Leipzig's powerhouse defender, Dayot Upamecano has finally revealed the main reason why he rejected a move to Manchester United.

The 22-year-old defender claimed he turned down an opportunity to join Manchester United as a teenager because Ralf Rangnick presented such a persuasive alternative.

Upamecano who will leave RB Leipzig to join Bayern Munich at the end of this season was targeted by United as a teenage prospect when he was with French club Valenciennes.

He elected to turn down United and move to Austrian club Salzburg, Upamecano says, after being wowed by Rangnick's precise vision for his career.

At the time, Rangnick was sporting director for Salzburg and Leipzig, with both clubs part of the Red Bull empire, and talking Upamecano into a move proved one of many successes he achieved in that role.

"I was a young boy. I wanted to sign for them straight away. Manchester United! But...READ MORE

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Fans Attacked Ahead Of Europa League Final In Gdansk / In The Next Weeks, An Ex-ajax Prodigy Might Join Arsenal / Top 5 Goalscorers In The History Of The North West London Derby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.