Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Why Christians Are Warned To 'eat' Prayers Like Food - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Are Warned To 'eat' Prayers Like Food (338 Views)

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" / Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Christians Are Warned To 'eat' Prayers Like Food by Lovelytony22(m): 11:04am On May 14, 2021
Why would anyone call himself a Christian and live a prayerless life? It's not a fashion show that anyone takes interest in for recognition. There is a fearsome war going on in the lives of every individual you see out there.

What is this war about? I will talk about it in the latter part so stay calm. At this point, let me remind you that you have been warned to pray at all times.

Unfortunately, many so-called Christians will wake up from bed thinking about what kind of food to eat, how to go about their daily routines without a single prayer — not even "Thank you, God." In the night too these professed Christians will go to bed feeling exhausted and sleep like a rocks.

Is this a Christian life? Then when the Devil succeeds in plunging you into troubles then you begin searching for Pastors and Prophets. Were you not warned?

"For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world’s rulers of this darkness, and the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand" (Ephesians 6:12 - 13).

Now, I believe I have your attention. Let me, therefore, remind you that you are a dual creature with flesh and spirit. And as a matter of fact, there are two worlds that we are living in.

Your flesh for the physical world and your spirit for your spiritual world. The spirit is stronger than the flesh so a Christian must always build up himself well in the spirit. How? Through:

1. Prayers
2. Fasting
3. Regular Bible study
4. Meditation
5. Obedience to God(Stay away from sin)

While others think of building their physical body and increasing their material wealth at the expense of their spirits — you as a child of God must do the opposite.

Now, back to the spiritual warfare, I skipped in the early paragraphs; there is an ongoing war in the spiritual world that affects you. Satan and his agents like witches and wizards are always conspiring to destroy your life, marriage, job, business, relationships etc.

Witchcraft is very common in our African communities. In order to triumph over them, you must win the spiritual battle they engage you in.

So why don't you pray at all times to destroy their demonic schemes? Your exhortation for spiritual warfare comes from the Bible.

"With all prayer and requests, praying at all times in the Spirit, and being watchful to this end in all perseverance and requests for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

Prayer is one of the powerful weapons God has given us to use in fighting our
adversary.Pray for good health, healthy marriage, protection, good jobs, wisdom, financial breakthrough, healing, faith, and any good thing you want the Lord to do for you.

He(Jesus) said:

"And whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it" (John 14:13 - 14).

The Payment Of A Prayerless Life

The moment you live without prayers, youu open portals for the Devil to have access to all the good things in your life. And you know him already. He is a thief, he came to steal, destroy and kill(John 10:10).

Jesus warned us to be prayerful so that we don't become pathetic preys for the Devil. He is roaring like a lion seeking whom he may devour.

"Stay awake and pray that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41).

Yes! You will fall into temptation if you don't pray on regular basis. You would become too light for the Devil to blow you away like dust.

What Prayers Do For You

There is power in the tongue. So speak to God and believe in your heart and it shall happen!

For an effective prayer, you must stay away from SIN! Now, pray and invoke the Spirit of God.

Prayers broke the chains from the hands of Peter.

Prayers can do the unimaginable; It flexes the mighty arms of God in your life.

Prayers send a pleasing invitation for the Lord's angels to descend and protect you from harm.

"For he will put his angels in charge of you, to guard you in all your ways. In their hands they will lift you up, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone" (Psalms 91:11 - 12).

Say This Prayer

Dear Lord, thank You that You are with me throughout each and every day and night, and thank You that you never leave me nor forsake me. Lord, You know my work situation, that there are hidden dangers and various health and safety issues, that require me to be very vigilant, and I ask that You would keep and protect me (and all those with whom I work), from any and all unforeseen dangers accident or emergencies.

Thank You Lord that You have promised to be my protection and, shield. Thank You that You are before me and behind me, to inspire and to guide. Thank You that You are my God and I am Your child and may the light of Your face shine on me and enfold me today in all the duties I am required to do. May the light of Your presence shine on me, and thank You for the assurance that there is nothing that is beyond Your notice and abilities and that I am kept by Your mighty power. Thank You in Jesus name,

Amen.

I do recommend my fellow Christians to use the power given to them over evil forces(1 John 4:4) at all times. You must be reading inspirational Bible verses and other Christian inspirational messages to boost your faith in Christ Jesus.

It takes faith to move any Mountain of obstruction in your life. Thank you for reading through. I'm already on my way for prayers, meditation, and Bible study. Stay blessed!

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua: Some Interesting Facts You Should Know About Late SCOAN Founder / God I Don't Want To Be Put To Shame / Rhapsody Of Realities Teevo Devotional 5th July – Do The “first Works”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.