Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) (770 Views)

Police Release Julius Abure. He Reacts (Pix) / Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist / Senator Akpabio Sues David Hundeyin For Defamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) by CastedAyo: 12:22pm On May 14, 2021
Minister of Niger Delta affairs Godswill Akpabio has threatened to sue journalist David Hundeyin for linking them with the suspects named in the murder of an Akwa Ibom job seeker Iniobong Umoren, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Hundeyin had published a report via NewsWire in which he claimed to have analysed the telephone calls of the prime suspect Frank Akpan.

He also said in the report that Mr Akpan, 20, called several people after Umoren’s murder among was Kufre Effiong. He alleged that Effiong and Akpan “met physically at a certain 58G, Ewet Housing Estate in Uyo”.

“It has just come to my attention that Davok Suites, the hotel at the centre of the 58 Unit G/S.9, Unit G, Ewet Housing Estate nexus involving Kufre Effiong and Frank Uduak Akpan is owned by none other than Ekaette Akpabio, wife of Godswill Akpabio,” Hundeyin added in a tweet.

“In other words, this place where Frank Uduak Akpan, fresh from murdering Ini Umoren came to meet Kufre Effiong, belongs to the wife of Kufre’s boss and Federal Minister of Niger Delta Affairs Godswill Akpabio. So which politician has Kufre been ‘running errands’ for?”

But Akpabio, who is also a former governor of Akwa Ibom State, and his wife Ekaette in a letter dated May 12, 2021 said the building does not belong to them.

“We hasten to make a point that assuming (though without conceding) that Kufre Effiong is a staff of the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs and/or one of its contractors, Senator Akpabio does not know, has never met and has never had any contact whatsoever with him. Neither Sen Godswill Akpabio nor his wife, Mrs Ekaette Akpabio had anything whatsoever to do with the horrific death of Iniobong Umoren,” the letter read.

“Secondly, neither Davok Suites (which is a corpate entity) nor the land housing it belongs to Mrs Ekaete Akpabio.

“Indeed, a proper search at the Corporate Affairs Commission would have disclosed to you that Mrs Ekaete Akpabio is neither one of the Directors nor Shareholders of Davok Suites.”

The minister and his wife also demanded immediate retraction of the publication and public apology within two weeks else they would file a lawsuit.

https://igberetvnews.com/1389962/umoren-akpabio-sues-investigative-journalist-david-hundeyin/

Reacting to the lawsuit, David in a tweet sighted by Igbere TV wrote;
“Hi @Senator_Akpabio, this has come to my attention.

“First of all, no idea why the lawyer you hired addressed it to BusinessDay as if I work there��‍♂️

“Second, please feel free to sue.

“Thanks.”

https://twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1392959052154556420?s=19

Lalasticlala

Re: Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) by Kriss216: 12:24pm On May 14, 2021
Akpabio, being a Nigeria politician should never be trusted.
Re: Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) by Brexxit(m): 12:34pm On May 14, 2021
grin

This season film go sweet die,make i grab enough popcorn and carry seat.

The David of a guy is not even scared of akpabio's lawsuit,i believe he must have a lot of evidences to break and scatter tables.I don't even see any strong case of defamation in akpabio's suit.

Nigeria needs more of David Hundeyin.
Re: Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) by kingphilip(m): 12:37pm On May 14, 2021
Kai make you de pay people wey no sabi work.

How will a law firm be writing BusinessDay instead of Newswire?
Re: Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:05pm On May 14, 2021
Blame game on Desmond elliott will be pending for now,Akpabio is the new sheriff in town
Re: Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) by matrixme(m): 1:52pm On May 14, 2021
So what has Akpabio said about the gruesome murder of the poor girl? Has he shown any public sympathy? Afterall, he ruled Akwa Ibom State for 8 years of his "uncommon transformation" that didn't do much to provide jobs for Akwa Ibom people. He currently is even heading NDDC, an agency that is supposed to bring dividends of democracy for the South South.
Umoren was buried alone today. But here he is trying to show whose c*Ock is bigger. Thankfully, David Hundeyin is not based in Nigeria, so his lawyers will need to work harder.
Tope Alabi sang that there will be unending explanations on the resurrection morning.
Re: Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) by pricklewane: 2:07pm On May 14, 2021
But killers like Peter Obi Orji Kalu Ikpeazu etc should be trusted ba?! Dead brain foolish Igbos every where on this NL.

Kriss216:
Akpabio, being a Nigeria politician should never be trusted.
Re: Umoren: Akpabio Sues Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin. He Reacts (Pix) by pricklewane: 2:09pm On May 14, 2021
I can bet my life that you are igbo. Only senelessly foolish Igbos will accuse a former governor of lacking public sympathy while the president governor is ignored.

The reasoning of lunatics. For those that we quote on singling out a tribe with this kind of madness just check my previous quote of foolish Igbo reasonings to learn how senseless they can be.

matrixme:
So what has Akpabio said about the gruesome murder of the poor girl? Has he shown any public sympathy? Afterall, he ruled Akwa Ibom State for 8 years of his "uncommon transformation" that didn't do much to provide jobs for Akwa Ibom people. He currently is even heading NDDC, an agency that is supposed to bring dividends of democracy for the South South.
Umoren was buried alone today. But here he is trying to show whose c*Ock is bigger. Thankfully, David Hundeyin is not based in Nigeria, so his lawyers will need to work harder.
Tope Alabi sang that there will be unending explanations on the resurrection morning.

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Police Station, Kill Four In Enugu / WORLD IGBO CONGRESS (WIC) KEEPS FUNDRAISED MONEY FOR NNAMDI KANU / What Igbos Saw Sitting Down, Many Are Yet To See It Standing On A Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.