Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,015 members, 7,828,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise (559 Views)

Israel Says 21 Soldiers Killed In Gaza In Worst Single day(photos) / Israel Resumes Combat Against Hamas / Israel Prepares 'ground Manoeuvre' Against Hamas But No Decision Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 14, 2021
Israel says campaign against Hamas ‘only at beginning’ as deaths rise
Israel killed several Hamas commanders and blew up a 14-floor high-rise in the Gaza Strip as the Jewish State stepped up its military campaign on Wednesday.

This was only the beginning. We will inflict blows on them that they have never dreamed of,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

Dozens have died in the latest flare-up of violence – most of them in Gaza – which has put Hamas and Israel on the brink on all-out war.

As Israeli armed forces pounded Gaza with airstrikes, militants in the Palestinian territory carried on firing massive barrages of rockets toward Israel, where air raid sirens sounded and locals scrambled for cover.

On Wednesday evening, a rocket attack on the Israeli city of Sderot left one person in critical condition and five others with more minor injuries, rescue services said. Israeli media reported that the person with severe injuries was a 6-year-old child.

The military reported its first death in three days of fighting. A 21-year-old Israeli soldier was hit by anti-tank missile fire originating from Gaza.

Six people in Israel have now died.
Israeli planes destroyed another high-rise building in Gaza that was said to have been used by Palestinian militants.

Islamist Hamas and Islamic Jihad militants both were said to have had offices in the 14-floor building, which also housed shops and cafes.

Videos showed the building collapsing after the attack. It was the third high-rise in Gaza to be destroyed since the escalation of violence.

Israel has struck a range of targets in the Gaza Strip as part of its airstrike response to the more than 1,000 rockets Palestinian militants have launched towards its territory since Monday.

The Health Ministry in the Hamas-run Gaza Strip said at least 56 Palestinians have been killed, including 15 children, while over 300 were reported injured.

As the death toll mounted in Gaza, Israeli leaders vowed to keep up their operation until the militants were dealt a decisive blow.

The Israeli army said that members of the Islamist Hamas and Islamic Jihad militant organizations were killed, including senior officials.

Israeli airstrikes have destroyed all police buildings in the Gaza Strip, a spokesperson for the Hamas-led Interior Ministry said.

Israel’s air raid warning sirens sounded once again on Wednesday in Tel Aviv, where Israel’s main international airport had halted flights and many schools were closed.

“We’re escalating towards a full-scale war,” UN Special coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Tor Wennesland tweeted. “Leaders on all sides have to take the responsibility of de-escalation. The cost of war in Gaza is devastating and is being paid by ordinary people.”

Leaders in Israel and Palestine must “step back from the brink,” British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said as the violence intensified.

The European Union’s top diplomat Josep Borrell called for an end to conflict, singling out the plight of civilians in Gaza.

“The grave escalation in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including the major upsurge in violence in and around Gaza, must stop,” Borrell said in statement, adding that he was “dismayed” by the civilian deaths.

US deputy secretary of state for Israel and Palestinian affairs, Hady Amr, was to immediately travel to the region to meet with leaders from both sides, the Biden administration announced.

The cross-border attacks between Israel and the Palestinians have also spilled into the streets.

The town of Lod, near Tel Aviv, saw major rioting overnight, with police confirming early Wednesday that a man and a teen were killed.

According to local media, Arab residents desecrated a synagogue and set it on fire. Dozens of cars were set alight and windows of stores were smashed. The mayor of Lod called it a “civil war.”

Israeli President Reuven Rivlin strongly condemned the riots as a “brutal attack on coexistence in the state of Israel.”

The Arab minority in Israel makes up about 20 per cent of the population of 9 million. They face discrimination, and right-wing politicians often portray them as enemies of the Jewish state.

The airstrikes and rocket attacks followed violent clashes in recent days at the Jerusalem holy site known as the Temple Mount to Jews and the Noble Sanctuary to Muslims.

Hamas had issued a Monday night ultimatum telling Israel to withdraw settlers and police from the Jerusalem holy site, parts of which had been cordoned off, and from the Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood.

Shortly after the deadline expired, mass rocket attacks began.

Hamas either builds its own weapons or smuggles them into the coastal area via Egypt or by sea. The group, which is classified as a terrorist organization by Israel and the EU, has never given figures on its rocket arsenal.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/israel-says-campaign-against-hamas-only-at-beginning-as-deaths-rise/?fbclid=IwAR3C8c4AiNPNQEm8pYKXoBBztuWVFLvGhW6Vd2ogbHt287mu_jx3J5LYcNo

Lalasticlala
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 14, 2021
That's good of the Jewish... Pursue the enemies ( Palestinians) , Harass them and destroy their Invades.

Even me I can't tolerate such nonsense because of Christianity

Let this serve as a warning to all and may they heed these lessons as they are been currently outlined by Isreal against Palestinians.

Meanwhile Isreal needs to go more offensive and bring the destruction to early end.

4 Likes

Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by deantimes(m): 1:15pm On May 14, 2021
Next time dey will learn.
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by FarahAideed: 1:15pm On May 14, 2021
Please keep the campaign up till Hamas structure is crippled .
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by Onyechiyelugo: 1:17pm On May 14, 2021
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I am a graduate of Civil Engineering and registered with COREN. I am also a Ph.D student in one of the public Universities in Nigeria. I had a job at the beggining of the year, but did not last.
I am struggling to survive.

Please, anyone with information about lecturing jobs: private and public Universities; construction projects: asphalt roads, interlocking roads, buildings and foundations should contact me. The duration of the project may be few months, I will do it. I am presently in Lagos State.

Call: 07038005502

1 Like

Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by Racoon(m): 1:28pm On May 14, 2021
shocked Hamas don buy am.Now asking UN to intervene. Terrorist nations should never be spared.The right to live is a universal right that no one should toy with-not even terrorists.

Isreal will never forgive or forget.You throw stone @ any Isreali, they will smoke your ass with superior power.Unlike in Nigeria where a president is obsessed with massaging the over inflated ego of killer Fulanis and BH terrorists,
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 14, 2021
deantimes:

No I disagree.

There won't be next time.

Rather others will heed the lesson learnt.
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by longetivity(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2021
I hate terrorists
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by buJu234: 1:32pm On May 14, 2021
Dont worry by sunday when they re done bombing all the Hamas's underground tunnels things will calm down.. then the UN will call for a ceasefire.

This is one of Israel's conditions to stopping this bombing..

So let's wait the Sunday.. even Gazans staying close to northern Gaza, have started relocating south after Israeli army told them to leave..
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by Racoon(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2021
buJu234:
Dont worry by sunday when they re done bombing all the Hamas's underground tunnels things will calm down.. then the UN will call for a ceasefire.

This is one of Israel's conditions to stopping this bombing.. lSo let's wait the Sunday.. even Gazans staying close to northern Gaza, have started relocating south after Israeli army told them to leave..
Way to go.No showing any mercy to any bastard demented terrorist.
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by BKayy: 1:36pm On May 14, 2021
They haven't seen anything.
Sometimes these Muslims think we are all fools.
So according to history, after series of pummelling the Jewish state, Salahudin the Sultan of Egypt delt the final blow when the state was under Christians rule.
After centuries in exile, the Jews managed to come back after the holocaust when most of European states where against them to their ancestral land, proposed a two state system with you in that their ancestral land. Instead of accepting or renegotiating the whole Muslim world state that the Jews don't have the right to exist.
Now you want our support to wipe off Israel from the face earth.
NO, My dear Muslim I'll say this once and for all "I STAND WITH ISRAEL and they have the right to exist"

And please I am neither a Christian nor a jew. Just a concerned Biafran that had a history with Muslims being reasonable
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:55pm On May 14, 2021
Buhari won't be happy hearing this news

Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by ChiefSosa(m): 2:15pm On May 14, 2021
Same Israel that Lai Mohammed was threatening. We sha thank God say na fake news, dem for beat shege commot for our body.
Re: Israel Says Campaign Against Hamas ‘only At Beginning’ As Deaths Rise by Aaronsrod: 4:24pm On May 14, 2021
deantimes:

There shall be no next time.

The Lord of hosts shall incinerate the children of Palestine in Holy Fire!

The End of the World is come!

O Christians, rejoice, I say! Our thrones in Heaven draw nigh!

(1) (Reply)

Former Ivory Coast President Gbagbo Returns Home After Decade Of Exile / Haiti PM Is A Suspect In The Murder Of Late President Moise, Replaces Justice Mi / Putin keeps macron away with long table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.