Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,295 members, 7,957,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

Netflix New Series Jupiter Legacy Review - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Netflix New Series Jupiter Legacy Review (411 Views)

How To Participate In 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' New Series / Jupiter's Legacy Assemble Avengers, Justice League & Watchmen All In One Series / Fatty And Sons: Chinedu Ikedieze & Osita Iheme Announce New Series (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Netflix New Series Jupiter Legacy Review by Rayzz: 4:15pm On May 14, 2021
I first stumbled on Jupiter legacy because it was produced by a Nigerian, Morenike Balogun Koch, she also produced Big Sky. After several hours of binging this latest comic book turned series. I am ready to lay my verdict.
Jupiter Legacy is a superhero series about two generation of superhero as they reckon with changing politics and changing identity. So here are the hit part of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3IAqm-gpE

Josh Dummel plays the lead role. And he brings a certain mix of this uncertainty and grandiose insanity and naviety into his performance that makes him a clear standout amongst the cast. From chessy dialogue to convulsing daddy's boy, he delivers.

Oh boy, the fight scenes are imaginative, powerful and well acted. It could use some gore though. But I understand the need to keep it PG13.

MISSES

The narrative shift between present day, as marked by it's 4:3 aspect ratio. And the wide-screen to mark it's 1920s American depression. This is the series strength but also it's weakness. This is due to failure of narrative balance. Both time stamp were flawed but one more than the other.

The costume is not a grade A+ project. As it reminiscent between forward fashion of the 1920s.
If there is a season 2. The show runner needs to change, only then would Jupiter actually rise.

Over to you what's your two cent on this series
Re: Netflix New Series Jupiter Legacy Review by WoundedLamb: 4:54pm On May 14, 2021
Why not drop the trailer link here?

I only know about "Jupiter Ascending" and it was directed by two Russian American, I think.
Re: Netflix New Series Jupiter Legacy Review by olympianares: 5:14pm On May 14, 2021
Egoistic Sheldon

I would love to hate Chloe but for her mother

The code the code the code..Sheldon is the code and he wants the union to be in his image

Poor Brandon had to choose to kill the evil Blackstar clone to save his Parents and Friends..Only for His father to punish him for taking a life(the code)

The villainous Brother as a plot twist...

Dunno About u guys but I love the George Hutchinson Character...

But its 70% talking 30% Superheroe action
And oh

its not Jupiter Rising as Op stated..

Its

JUPITER's LEGACY

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious: Ekid Female Chief Implores All To Vote For Queen In #bbnaija (VIDEO) / Hello I Am In Need Of Partnership / Best Tv App In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.