Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) (4885 Views)

Puppy Alert... / Puppy Alert / Puppy Alert... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 6:09am On Jul 07, 2021
Wednesday July 7, 2021 is the 59th day, her temperature was rising up instead of going down. Yesterday morning was 37.9 and last night was 38.1, then this morning, it went back to 37.4. She only ate the chicken and a little quarter of her food yesterday, leaving the entire food till now untouched. I tried giving her bread this morning which she reluctantly ate a little then stopped. She's also weak, can't stand or walk for more than 10secs without flopping to the ground. I'm anxious, it's like it's going to happen soon, but my fear is she having the pups while I'm at work, I'd prefer she does that over the weekend, especially as her EDD is on Sunday. Her teats have almost tripled in size and are even leaking milk on their own! The pups must have changed their position cos her belly became rounder and tighter. I noticed something like a crust on the tip of her ear last night and this morning, I applied undiluted Amitrax to it which made her super uncomfortable, but it's for her own good.

Let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by Cema07(m): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2021
cedar3:
Wednesday July 7, 2021 is the 59th day, her temperature was rising up instead of going down. Yesterday morning was 37.9 and last night was 38.1, then this morning, it went back to 37.4. She only ate the chicken and a little quarter of her food yesterday, leaving the entire food till now untouched. I tried giving her bread this morning which she reluctantly ate a little then stopped. She's also weak, can't stand or walk for more than 10secs without flopping to the ground. I'm anxious, it's like it's going to happen soon, but my fear is she having the pups while I'm at work, I'd prefer she does that over the weekend, especially as her EDD is on Sunday. Her teats have almost tripled in size and are even leaking milk on their own! The pups must have changed their position cos her belly became rounder and tighter. I noticed something like a crust on the tip of her ear last night and this morning, I applied undiluted Amitrax to it which made her super uncomfortable, but it's for her own good.

Let's see how it goes.

Safe delivery to Kenya! Let me guess, she is having 3pups.

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2021
Cema07:

Safe delivery to Kenya! Let me guess, she is having 3pups.
I'm thinking 4 or 5, most probably 5. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by Cema07(m): 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2021
cedar3:

I'm thinking 4 or 5, most probably 5. grin

5 will be a great start for Kenya and she deserves a full bowl of chicken after having them. Hope you got someone at home to keep watch while you are at work?
Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2021
Cema07:

5 will be a great start for Kenya and she deserves a full bowl of chicken after having them. Hope you got someone at home to keep watch while you are at work?
Nobody at all, that's why I'm afraid and got the thermometer to try and pinpoint the exact time she has a drop in temperature so I'd be around. Last night was 38.0 and this morning was 37.9'C. Today's day 60.
Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
Today's the 61st day, everything now is fluctuating: her appetite, energy, vulva, even belly size gets rounder one minute and gets oval the next, only her teats have continued getting larger. She was really interested in her box this evening and did some serious digging in it. Her temperature this morning was 37.7 and 37.5 this evening. I'm hoping to see a drop by tomorrow. Still have 2days to go.

Let's see how it goes.

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 6:40am On Jul 10, 2021
It's happening guys, Kenya woke me up with her noise around 3AM this morning and has been quite restless since then. I took her temperature at three different times and they read 37.1, 37.0 and 36.9 respectively, still I don't expect her going into actual labour till this evening perhaps. She's not eating her food, even with the chicken in it! Maybe I should skip work today?

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by Airborne02(m): 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
Choi .. mk she do born rest ooo..
Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Great news guys, the pups are finally here! Just came back from work and Kenya had already delivered 4pups, all by herself! grin Nobody was at home with her! I'm soooo damn happy here, can't believe it! She had them right there inside the whelping box and cleaned up everything. She's a stellar mama! I was afraid she might have them on the floor if no one was around.

With what happened in the morning, I was pretty sure it's going to be today. Left home around 7am but couldn't hold it, so I rushed back home around 9am. She had already pooped and vomited some greenish looking goo, she looked quite weak and tired. I cleaned up and left again, only to come back and meet her with the pups: 2 males and 2 females. One is just so huge! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
They're all black and dark tan, took after their parents. I love the colours! That's what I intended.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by olamirewaju6190: 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2021
Wao!! Job well done man!!

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by Cema07(m): 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2021
cedar3:
Great news guys, the pups are finally here! Just came back from work and Kenya had already delivered 4pups, all by herself! grin Nobody was at home with her! I'm soooo damn happy here, can't believe it! She had them right there inside the whelping box and cleaned up everything. She's a stellar mama! I was afraid she might have them on the floor if no one was around.

With what happened in the morning, I was pretty sure it's going to be today. Left home around 7am but couldn't hold it, so I rushed back home around 9am. She had already pooped and vomited some greenish looking goo, she looked quite weak and tired. I cleaned up and left again, only to come back and meet her with the pups: 2 males and 2 females. One is just so huge! cool

Wow... Good news! Congrats to Kenya!

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by amizzy48(m): 8:52am On Jul 12, 2021
baba i want to book a male with a touch of tan pup from her @ fair price , ur location and contact
Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 9:57am On Jul 12, 2021
Cema07:

Wow... Good news! Congrats to Kenya!
Yeah, thanks man

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 9:57am On Jul 12, 2021
olamirewaju6190:
Wao!! Job well done man!!
Thanks bro, the experience was a nice one.

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 9:59am On Jul 12, 2021
amizzy48:
baba i want to book a male with a touch of tan pup from her @ fair price
, ur location and contact
I'm at Agbara Ogun State; 07066239687. What price is a fair price ; cheesy
Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 5:50am On Jul 13, 2021
The pups are 3days old today yet it seems like forever since Kenya littered and by the way, she has been a super mum, cleaning, feeding and generally making sure the pups are all fine. Them pups are just so needy, they're always squirming and crying, all they want to do is suck suck suck! She's always with them, doesn't spend even 10mins away from them.

Below are their pictures, the first is the females, then the males: the black male is already paid for.

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by olamirewaju6190: 6:02am On Jul 13, 2021
Lol, eku ewu omo o

2 Likes

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
It's been a while, we've been tied up taking care of shit you know wink It's been a roller coaster of emotions. The puppies are 10days today and are doing fine, though they're so needy, they're always whining and looking for breast. Their eyes and ears are yet to open though, but their movements are quite stable now.

Kenya's fur are all falling off in clumps, it's getting me worried. I don't know if that's normal for a lactating dog. She's always hungry. She has become more obstinate since having the pups, she does not respond to commands any more, it's annoying. All in all, she has been a good mama.

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by olamirewaju6190: 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
It's normal for her to lose a lot of er hair during this period.

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
olamirewaju6190:
It's normal for her to lose a lot of er hair during this period.
If that's it, cos I was worried, this is my first time having a female dog. Thanks for your input man.
Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
The pups are about 18days old today, they're taking their first steps, their eyes and ears are open. They are now sucking more than Kenya can produce so I decided to supplement her breastmilk and got a can of SMA Gold, the type a baby takes. I mix it up witj an egg and warm water. Started it yesterday, they seemed to like it so much and sucked it all up.

Re: Kenya's Diary (Puppy Alert!) by cedar3: 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
The pups' eyes and ears have fully opened and are functional, they have also started walking about, even climbing out of their box. It's really amazing how they've grown within this short period of time. The brown female which is the smallest of them all is actually the most active, she's my favorite, while her sister is the biggest. The black male with brown markings on his face is the noisiest, he's always screaming or at least growling at something. The second male is the calmest and the silliest of all! He's always looking for what to suck on, anything!
I plan letting them have their first shots by next week. They're also available for booking, all save the black and brown male.
Pics taken today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Very Large King Shepherd Puppies For Sale / Meet The Australia Woman Who Keeps 5 Crocodiles As Pets In Her Home(Photos) / Deji Adebayo "Djpet" In Ibadan Is A Scam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.