Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,694,725 members, 6,351,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 22 June 2021 at 04:22 PM

Kenya's Diary - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Kenya's Diary (1523 Views)

Kiki and Kenya (breaker of chians). The story of an Alsatian and a Rott / Rare Black Leopard Caught In Kenya For First Time In 100 Years (photos) / Villagers In Shock As Cow Gives Birth To Two-legged Calf In Kenya (See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya's Diary by cedar3: 3:27pm On Jun 07
Nasww22nasww:
Hi
Hello
Re: Kenya's Diary by cedar3: 10:46pm On Jun 10
Not much has changed this week, appetite is little, she looks stressed, although her energy got back a little. The pups have gotten considerably large in there and have started feeling mushy to touch.

Picture taken this evening, Thursday 10th June, 2021.

Re: Kenya's Diary by wizi44(m): 6:34am On Jun 11
Omo that male dog na sharp shooter, just one opportunity

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary by 986olufadeke: 6:01pm On Jun 11
okay
Re: Kenya's Diary by cedar3: 6:17am On Jun 12
wizi44:
Omo that male dog na sharp shooter, just one opportunity
Yeah, it does happen. The repeat sessions are probably just to be double sure there's enough sperm around about the time she ovulates but I think that if you do your calculations well and get even the tiniest bit of sperm in when she's at her most fertile stage - between the 10th and the 12th day post bleeding - it's definitely going to result in a pregnancy. No need to waste the sperm, after all, all you need is a sperm cell per egg.

On another note, since after Kenya, I've gone on to perform AI on two other dogs and they're all pregnant. I used the crudest of tools and simplest of methods and it was all successful. Key is knowing when the bitch is most fertile, even without all them Progesteron level checks.
Re: Kenya's Diary by cedar3: 11:59pm On Jun 13
Today Sunday, 13th June 2021 makes it 5wks after Kenya was bred. Her energy bounced back towards the end of last week, but her appetite is almost sub-zero. There's a slight increase in her belly size and the teat area. She easily gets angry these days and growls, even when playing. We'd see how this 6th week will look like.

Pictures taken this evening.

Re: Kenya's Diary by wizi44(m): 12:02am On Jun 15
cedar3:

Yeah, it does happen. The repeat sessions are probably just to be double sure there's enough sperm around about the time she ovulates but I think that if you do your calculations well and get even the tiniest bit of sperm in when she's at her most fertile stage - between the 10th and the 12th day post bleeding - it's definitely going to result in a pregnancy. No need to waste the sperm, after all, all you need is a sperm cell per egg.

On another note, since after Kenya, I've gone on to perform AI on two other dogs and they're all pregnant. I used the crudest of tools and simplest of methods and it was all successful. Key is knowing when the bitch is most fertile, even without all them Progesteron level checks.
wow, you have other dogs

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary by cedar3: 12:02pm On Jun 15
Kenya had this clear mucus discharge from her vulva today Tuesday June 15th, it was like some gelatin or something. Don't know how long it'll last though. I can't feel the pups any more, feels super mushy. Believe all is going as normal.
Re: Kenya's Diary by debare40z: 7:01pm On Jun 16
okay
Re: Kenya's Diary by cedar3: 10:19pm On Jun 17
The week has been moving smoothly; appetite up by more than 50% but she takes breaks in-between meals, like she starts eating, then takes an abrupt stop, runs around or maybe lies around a bit kinda to catch her breathe, then resumes eating and repeat. Against my expectation, she's brimming with some sort of unexpendable amount of energy, running and jumping with reckless abandon. I came back today to meet a distended belly, a bit bigger than I left her I think, don't know what cos I'm sure she didn't have too much to eat. The discharge still persists though.

Pictures taken this evening, Thursday 17th June, 2021.

Re: Kenya's Diary by cedar3: 10:22pm On Jun 17
Belly and Vulva area.

Re: Kenya's Diary by Cema07(m): 12:13pm On Jun 18
cedar3:
Belly and Vulva area.

Great one... Keep it coming!

1 Like

Re: Kenya's Diary by cedar3: 5:52pm On Jun 20
Today Sunday 20th June 2021 and it's a wrap for the 6th week and 2nd trimester. As from tomorrow, we hit the last trimester. Her appetite picked up, along with excess energy. The discharge has dried up, belly size and her teats all slightly increased.

Pictures taken today.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boerboel Puppies Loading...... / Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). / Russian Giant Dog - Mountain Caucasian Puppy / Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.