Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider (948 Views)

Oraimo Freepod 3 (29$) Vs Apple Airpods 3 ($179) : Battle Of The TWS Earbuds / Infinix Note 7: Top 5 Features/Issues / 5 Features You Should Spot If You Like To Watch Movies On Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Melaninprincess(f): 9:09pm On May 14, 2021
The market for TWS (True Wireless Stereo) earbuds grew when Apple removed the 3.5mm headphone jack from the iPhone 7 and replaced them with the AirPods. Ever since, the demand for Bluetooth earphones has continued to surge — with multiple brands offering unique designs and features.

The increase in demand is not a surprise, though. TWS earbuds, compared to normal wireless earbuds, are by far much more convenient to use; as you can connect without any cable or wires.

So, regardless of the brand of TWS earbud you intend to purchase, you should know that they all work in a similar way (using Bluetooth), and they have similar features (battery, case, etc.).

Here are 5 features you should look out for before buying a TWS earbud from any brand.

1. Battery Life

This is one of the most important features to look out for when buying a TWS earbud — because earbuds are as good as their batteries. Wireless overhead headphones have large spaces, which means they can house bigger long-lasting batteries. But that is not the case for all TWS earbuds.

So, before buying a TWS earbud, you should make sure you know how long you can listen to sound on the earbuds before they need to go back into their case for a recharge.

2. Noise Cancellation

You should go for TWS earbuds that support Active Noise Control (ANC) technology. This technology controls the amount of ambient noise that goes into your ear.

Apple and Samsung, for instance, have both incorporated this technology into their latest earbuds. The feature lets users control the level of environmental/surrounding noise that goes into the ears.

3. Controls

Premium TWS earbuds now have control buttons on the earbuds which lets users control what and how they listen to audio. The latest Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus, for instance, now has control buttons on each earbud that lets users tap to increase volume, skip a track, or take phone calls.

It also pauses music automatically once you pull an earbud out of your ear. Now, how great is that?

4. Bluetooth Codec

The Bluetooth codec is a piece of software that encodes the audio at one end (your smartphone, maybe), and decodes it at the other (the TWS Earbuds). The audio quality you get on your TWS earbud largely depends on the type of codec the earbud support.

Some of the best Bluetooth codecs include the Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), Samsung Scalable Codec, SONY’s LDAC, and Qualcomm’s proprietary codecs; aptX, aptX LL, aptX HD, and aptX Adaptive.

5. Water Resistance

Be sure to check out the waterproof/water resistance compatibility of the earbuds you’re getting, especially if you will be using it for recreational or sport-related. If a water-resistant earbud is beyond your budget, you can opt for sweat-proof earbuds, at the very least.

Go for the Best
There are cheap TWS earbuds in the market that you can buy but you should definitely go for the best if you can afford to. And whenever you’re ready to buy new wireless earbuds, you should take the above features into consideration.

To you, which of these features do you think is the most important to look out for when buying a TWS earbud?

https://www.dignited.com/61436/buying-tws-earbuds-features/

Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Eyanbahose: 10:06am On May 18, 2021
I had the opportunity to listen to songs on oriamo earpiece, omo the sound was massive. I never knew oraimo had quality products like this o and the price is very affordable funny enough
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Kunja2: 10:23am On May 18, 2021
When a brand is good its good. Oraimo have got lots of positive reviews
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by hexenbiest: 2:12pm On May 18, 2021
Quality is truly guaranteed with Oraimo, most especially their powerbanks.
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by enoch273: 2:26pm On May 18, 2021
Thanks for sharing OP, the features I look out for mostly are; IP67 rating and Active Noise Cancellation.
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by eisley: 2:35pm On May 18, 2021
I recently purchased the Oraimo powerbanks, and so far it has exceeded my expectations, I'll appreciate earbuds suggestions from the brand pls.
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by selfdefence: 7:38pm On May 18, 2021
Like play like play the whole earpods idea has come to stay and is now the trend o. Good thing other brands like Oraimo have produced theirs too so we can finally get it at an affordable rate
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Niswayne19: 7:45pm On May 18, 2021
It’s the battery life and noise cancellation for me
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Yinksy09(m): 7:50pm On May 18, 2021
I have used the Oraimo 2Baba Version and it has all the 5 features listed.

Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Melaninprincess(f): 7:52pm On May 18, 2021
Eyanbahose:
I had the opportunity to listen to songs on oriamo earpiece, omo the sound was massive. I never knew oraimo had quality products like this o and the price is very affordable funny enough
did you eventually get the freepods?
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Melaninprincess(f): 7:52pm On May 18, 2021
Yinksy09:
how's the battery life?
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by sureinfo: 8:04pm On May 18, 2021
Nice tips, I will put all these in mind when getting mine soon. I've been a fan of earpiece all these while but the convenience this pods have to offer is second to none
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by AlmaIganishire: 8:07pm On May 18, 2021
It’s the epic sound quality for me. Smooth and the battery is long lasting. This guys are doing well.
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by AlmaIganishire: 8:08pm On May 18, 2021
I also love the controls and can personally testify that it’s water resistance because I took mine into the swimming pool on Saturday .
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by NightFood: 8:14pm On May 18, 2021
I think the water resistant feature is one to look out for, most times with long usage the ears can get sweaty so it won't be fun if any little water disrupts your listening experience
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by YangaBabe: 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
Yinksy09:
abi? Maybe when I intend getting one for myself to rock on my tecno phone I'll consider this Oraimo 2Baba version. At least for the sake that I'm his biggest fan
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Yinksy09(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2021
Melaninprincess:
how's the battery life?
It is okay and last up to a day if for only calls and about 3 hours for music non stop.
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Hundjager: 2:28pm On May 19, 2021
I've used their powerbanks and it did exceed my expectations, I'm looking forward to purchasing an Oraimo smartwatch, but the prices're kinda pricey.
Re: Buying TWS Earbuds: 5 Features To Consider by Melaninprincess(f): 7:27pm On May 19, 2021
Yinksy09:

It is okay and last up to a day if for only calls and about 3 hours for music non stop.
that's not bad at all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Transsion And Here Technologies Partner To Enhance Location Accuracy / Pros And Cons Of Oppo Reno 7 / Urgent Help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.