Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm (990 Views)

Jewish Man Dies After Being Struck By Pro-Palestinian Protester In Los Angeles / Israel Air Strikes Kill 42 Palestinians, Rockets Fired From Gaza / Rockets Fired From Lebanon Land Off Israeli Coast, Raising Fears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by akinmusi(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2021
Israel news – live: Rockets fired from Syria as pro-Palestinian protesters storm border from Lebanon

Rockets were fired at Israel from Syria, defence officials in Tel Aviv said on Friday evening as “dozens” of people from Lebanon stormed across the country’s southern border.

The Israel Defence Forces said three rockets were fired from Syria, with one landing within the borders of Israel’s northeastern neighbour.

Meanwhile, footage broadcast live on social media platforms showed crowds of people in Lebanon making their way to the Israel border waving Palestinian flags.

The Israeli army confirmed the incident, asserting that its tanks had fired warning shots towards a number of “rioters” who had crossed into Israeli territory.

The border crossing unfolded after the death toll in Gaza rose on Friday following a fresh assault from the Israeli army that saw ground forces join the operation.

A total of 55 rockets were fired overnight in a coordinated effort that saw 160 planes from 12 different squadrons, as well as three brigade forces of infantry troops, operate together, Israeli army spokesperson Lt Col Jonathan Conricus said.

He said the assault was aimed at destroying an “underground tunnel system” used by Hamas operatives known as the “metro” in Gaza.

At least 137 Palestinians have been killed in the violence this week, with more than 30 children among the dead and 950 others injured, according to Palestinian health authorities.

Meanwhile, Lt Col Conricus said the death toll in Israel had risen to 8 after an elderly woman died overnight while running to a shelter.

The Israeli army spokesperson did not provide any update on whether a ground invasion would take place on Friday. However, he said that “Hamas’s rocket production capacity has been significantly downgraded” following the fresh assault.

Militants have fired some 1,600 rockets towards Israel from Gaza in the last few days, according to the IDF. That is one-third the total fired in the 50-day-long war in 2014, a barrage James Cleverly, the UK’s Middle East minister, called “unprecedented”.

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/world/israel-news-live-rockets-fired-from-syria-as-pro-palestinian-protesters-storm-border-from-lebanon/ar-BB1gIHqI?ocid=ob-tw-enza-861

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2021
ISRAEL SHALL CONQUER!

1 Like

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by dgang: 9:58pm On May 14, 2021
The third world war has already started.
Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by Officialgarri: 9:59pm On May 14, 2021
To think that a country that's not as big as just a single Northern state in Nigeria has stayed undefeated for almost 75 years shows they have a solid backing.
Both physically and spiritually

1 Like

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 14, 2021
Northern Nigeria should join them

Let Israel just use one stone to end multiple jihad thirst

1 Like

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by Danny50: 10:10pm On May 14, 2021
One i luv about Israel is that they dont make noise they take action.

4 Likes

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by Kdon2: 10:25pm On May 14, 2021
Danny50:
One i luv about Israel is that they dont make noise they take action.

Gbam!
Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by Greyworld: 10:32pm On May 14, 2021
The cow loving folks won't call Syria to order or speak against their interference now. Until the No Non Sense IDF Blast them they ll come here and lament.

IDF has been lenient enough to give warning shots.

2 Likes

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by keppler: 11:28pm On May 14, 2021
Gaza, then Lebanon now Syria. And the terrorist sympathizers won't complain now, but when Israel responds in style, they will be accusing Christians here in Nigeria.
I don't know why those militants prefer to be used as Iranian pawns

2 Likes

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by Kandeed: 11:29pm On May 14, 2021
keppler:
Gaza, then Lebanon now Syria. And the terrorist sympathizers won't complain now, but when Israel responds in style, they will be accusing Christians here in Nigeria.
I don't know why those militants prefer to be used as Iranian pawns

They actually preferred to be used cuz they're trying to stall Iran from total Economic shutdown. #500 will give you 60k Iranian rial meaning if you take one million naira there you'll easily and successfully oust Iranian president and become the president so they're trying everything possible to stop this conspiracy flying over Gaza and Lebanon cuz when I called the last time, I heard some Igbo boys are already making movement until this Gaza crises

ion know if my drunkenness took the best part of me but that's exactly just the story and I'll continue to shed more light as things unfold
Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by Joel3(m): 11:40pm On May 14, 2021
Gaza is a torrorist site and therefore should be leveled down.

2 Likes

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by barojana: 12:04am On May 15, 2021
Officialgarri:
To think that a country that's not as big as just a single Northern state in Nigeria has stayed undefeated for almost 75 years shows they have a solid backing.
Both physically and spiritually
Israel is just the same size of Oyo state.

In the six days war, it took on nations that when combined are about four times bigger than Nigeria with far greater number of military personnel.

I came to respect Israel during the Yom Kippur war of the 1970s when a few Israeli battalions by general Ariel Sharon and others battled egypt and slaughtered Egyptian soldiers mercilessly.

The Israeli chased down Egyptian forces from a distance at least comparable to Ibadan to Lagos. When the Egyptians got to suez canal. The part connecting Sinai and Egypt.

Israeli soldiers rather than end the assault at that point brought prefabricated bridges, laid it across the canal and all three brigades crossed into Egyptian national soil with no reinforcements. Egypt sent several counter forces and three Israeli brigades where beating them blue black and where about to launch for Cairo, the capital of Egypt.

Truth is Israel fights like Boko Haram. With complete reckless abandon. They fight every offence like it is the last...

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Israel News: Rockets Fired From Syria As Pro-palestinian Protesters Storm by Rrex99(m): 9:51am On May 15, 2021
And Syria too

(1) (Reply)

Wagner Group's Presence In Burkina Faso Is Depressing - Ghanaian President / My Expulsion From Israel - By Richard Falk / Girls Missing For A Decade Finally Found!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.