Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

What Would Have Happened If I Didn't Change My Mind? READ This! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Would Have Happened If I Didn't Change My Mind? READ This! (399 Views)

My Parents Didn't Name Me Chimamanda - Adichie / James Hadley Chase: Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Him / The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Have Happened If I Didn't Change My Mind? READ This! by tuniphlexwrite(m): 11:11pm On May 14, 2021
"Submit your practical report now" the supervisor instructed.

I was shaking inside me because I have not completed so many sections.

Yes, the practical results, discussion, recommendation, … etc were all missing.

I quickly compiled the ones that I have written and stapled them

So when I got to the office where I was meant to submit.

I couldn't even remember the exact place I kept the report in my bag.

It took some minutes for me to realize that it was in the middle of a particular folder where I do keep my important documents.

At this point, I was already nervous because others were waiting for me to round up.

I quickly brought out the folder, placed it on the office desk, removed the report, and submitted it.

As soon as I submitted I wrote my name and signed on the list of people that have submitted and dashed out of the office immediately.

So I was still trying to get myself together because I was feeling so disappointed for submitting such a light report that even the supervisor made jokes out of it.

Even if I knew that my content writing jobs took most of my time. I still had to beat myself for misplaced priority.

So, while standing there, a lot of things were running through my mind when two female colleagues approached me.

They said, " Tunde, please do you have an extra photocopy of the Report Cover?"

I said NO.

That answer was based on emotion because I have but didn't feel like giving it out.

They were about to leave when I had a rethink and called them back.

I told them that I need to confirm if I brought it along with me.

So I opened my bag!

Guess What?

It was also in the folder I kept my report before submitting it.

Unfortunately, I forgot to put the folder back in my bag after submission.

So, I told them to wait.

I quickly went back to the office.

And luckily for me, the folder remained where I left it.

I brought it out and gave the photocopy of the report cover to my colleagues as requested.

……. Now to you!

What would have happened if I didn't change my mind?

Tunde Rasheed

Twitter: @just_tuniphlex
WhatsApp: /+23458743142
Re: What Would Have Happened If I Didn't Change My Mind? READ This! by tuniphlexwrite(m): 11:17pm On May 14, 2021
I mean if I didn't call those girls back. To give them the report cover
Re: What Would Have Happened If I Didn't Change My Mind? READ This! by tuniphlexwrite(m): 10:55am On May 15, 2021
What did learn from the story?
Share your views
Re: What Would Have Happened If I Didn't Change My Mind? READ This! by tuniphlexwrite(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2021
This is my first public write up. Please I need your reviews

(1) (Reply)

10 Must Read Books In 2021 / / Print On Demand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.