Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! (322 Views)

Is GTB Trying To Defraud Me? / The Price Of This Generator Got Me Mad / Can I Use This Generator To Pump Water??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! by NickyNickel(m): 9:50am On May 16, 2021
Hello my good Nairalanders.
Sorry that this thread may be long as I try detailing it.

It was on Thursday 13/05/2021 I and my sis went to Umuahia to purchase a small generator that can be used in the house for charging of handsets and other small appliances in the house.
We went to different shops but couldn't get the type we were looking for.

We finally arrived at Mr Okwuodu,s shop and he has many generator set both small and big and lots of electricity appliances hence we believed that's where will get what we surely wanted.

He received us and asked what we want after which he told he's boys to go show us the ones in the store.

After seeing them we decided to go for Firman Sumec ECO 1990S- 1300Watt.
We deliberated on the price and it landed on 67k.

He's boys about three or four were around to help do the testing. They added some fuel through the small host that connects fuel tank to the cabrator and we bought oil 2,500 naira for the engine.
They put on the gen and it started but the light bulb was just not stable but blinking. the boys said its because the fuel was being added directly to the cabrator.

So we paid bought two liters from the neaby filling station and added to the tank and they on it for about 50secs and the gen was packaged back and we left.

By the time gotten home it was already 6:30. We didn't on it. We kept it.

The next morning been Friday 14/05/2021 around 10am the electrician we called to come and access it came.

He on the gen, but it was giving a small light on the yellow change over bulb. He checked the Volts on the gen meter it was 50. We were confuse cause it suppose dey normal as per a new gen. he said there was no reason changing over our control switch to gen since the valtage which should have been at leat 220,230 to250 volts was only reading 50 volts.

That was how we now calm down and started checking well, soon we now found prove that the gen has been used and returned before Okwuodu sold it to us as new gen.

We called Mr Okodu immediately and he said we should bring it let him see it.

I took it to him, they put it on but it refused to bring light at all, few minutes he said the gen was indeed bad. That he will give us another new one but that since we have added fuel to the tank that he will give us another new one only that he will loose out the fuel tank from the new one he will be giving us and fix ours to it. but that it will be on Saturday 15/05/2021 when he will receive another supply. I said OK.

On Thursday15/05/2021went there and waited hours to no avail. He kept giving me excuses, finally that his supplier are still on their way coming.

I was there till 5pm, I then requested to balance him some additional money and take another gen ( thermocool- 1500 watts sold 72k) one of higher Watt's he refused and argument started.

He later pointed one other guy that they guy has been waiting for the same supplier and now he has decided to take another gen.
I kept on disturbing.

Later I went to the guy, in the cause of our conversation the guy now told that he even paid for another generator last two weeks and the same Mr Okwuodu promised him it was going to be ready after his supplies comes in two days time, that was how he has been coming for two weeks till now he decided to take another gen of lower grade.

He was even challenging me that I can't to any thing. How he will handle my case in twenty folds and nothing will happen.he must have been doing it and getting away. How he can claim the gen spoilt in our hands this and that.
By the way are we not suppose to get a warranty?? I asked. He started saying I should come back Tuesday being 18/05/2021

Later I asked one of the boys there about the gen and he said their Oga sent it to a repairer/mechanic. So there is a possibility of him bring back then same gen for me but I will resist it.

A customer should get value for their money. That's all I seek and nothing else.
I'm not even asking for a refund rather us a new sumec 1990s or we balance him and take another one.

I live in Abuja but currently something brought me down home and I'll be here for weeks more.

If he fails me again on that Tuesday which is likely possible. I will like to file a complain to appropriate quarters that handles such issue like Consumers Protection Council, Public Complain Commission, Human Right Radio and TV Abuja and some other appropriate quarters. Any advice on how to go about it is welcomed.

But the, the world we live in has many problems already hence there's need for PEACE.
Re: This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! by pyyxxaro: 9:51am On May 16, 2021
Report him to Igbo Ametokun
Re: This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! by Freestainworld(m): 10:01am On May 16, 2021
Daylight robbery, had it been you knew, you would have gone to buy the Gen with the electrician.
Re: This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! by yanabasee1(m): 10:03am On May 16, 2021
This is what Biafra will be made of, when they finally separate from this zoo....

1 Like

Re: This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! by SUPERPACK: 10:11am On May 16, 2021
NickyNickel:
Hello my good Nairalanders.
Sorry that this thread may be long as I try detailing it.

It was on Thursday 13/05/2021 I and my sis went to Umuahia to purchase a small generator that can be used in the house for charging of handsets and other small appliances in the house.
We went to different shops but couldn't get the type we were looking for.

We finally arrived at Mr Okwuodu,s shop and he has many generator set both small and big and lots of electricity appliances hence we believed that's where will get what we surely wanted.

He received us and asked what we want after which he told he's boys to go show us the ones in the store.

After seeing them we decided to go for Firman Sumec ECO 1990S- 1300Watt.
We deliberated on the price and it landed on 67k.

He's boys about three or four were around to help do the testing. They added some fuel through the small host that connects fuel tank to the cabrator and we bought oil 2,500 naira for the engine.
They put on the gen and it started but the light bulb was just not stable but blinking. the boys said its because the fuel was being added directly to the cabrator.

So we paid bought two liters from the neaby filling station and added to the tank and they on it for about 50secs and the gen was packaged back and we left.

By the time gotten home it was already 6:30. We didn't on it. We kept it.

The next morning been Friday 14/05/2021 around 10am the electrician we called to come and access it came.

He on the gen, but it was giving a small light on the yellow change over bulb. He checked the Volts on the gen meter it was 50. We were confuse cause it suppose dey normal as per a new gen. he said there was no reason changing over our control switch to gen since the valtage which should have been at leat 220,230 to250 volts was only reading 50 volts.

That was how we now calm down and started checking well, soon we now found prove that the gen has been used and returned before Okwuodu sold it to us as new gen.

We called Mr Okodu immediately and he said we should bring it let him see it.

I took it to him, they put it on but it refused to bring light at all, few minutes he said the gen was indeed bad. That he will give us another new one but that since we have added fuel to the tank that he will give us another new one only that he will loose out the fuel tank from the new one he will be giving us and fix ours to it. but that it will be on Saturday 15/05/2021 when he will receive another supply. I said OK.

On Thursday15/05/2021went there and waited hours to no avail. He kept giving me excuses, finally that his supplier are still on their way coming.

I was there till 5pm, I then requested to balance him some additional money and take another gen ( thermocool- 1500 watts sold 72k) one of higher Watt's he refused and argument started.

He later pointed one other guy that they guy has been waiting for the same supplier and now he has decided to take another gen.
I kept on disturbing.

Later I went to the guy, in the cause of our conversation the guy now told that he even paid for another generator last two weeks and the same Mr Okwuodu promised him it was going to be ready after his supplies comes in two days time, that was how he has been coming for two weeks till now he decided to take another gen of lower grade.

He was even challenging me that I can't to any thing. How he will handle my case in twenty folds and nothing will happen.he must have been doing it and getting away. How he can claim the gen spoilt in our hands this and that.
By the way are we not suppose to get a warranty?? I asked. He started saying I should come back Tuesday being 18/05/2021

Later I asked one of the boys there about the gen and he said their Oga sent it to a repairer/mechanic. So there is a possibility of him bring back then same gen for me but I will resist it.

A customer should get value for their money. That's all I seek and nothing else.
I'm not even asking for a refund rather us a new sumec 1990s or we balance him and take another one.

I live in Abuja but currently something brought me down home and I'll be here for weeks more.

If he fails me again on that Tuesday which is likely possible. I will like to file a complain to appropriate quarters that handles such issue like Consumers Protection Council, Public Complain Commission, Human Right Radio and TV Abuja and some other appropriate quarters. Any advice on how to go about it is welcomed.

But the, the world we live in has many problems already hence there's need for PEACE.

So Please good people of Nairaland help me reach out to this Ogechi Okwuodu

Company name: Okwuodu Onyekachi & Sons Nig. Ltd.

Address: #2A Aba Road, opp. Post Office Umuahia Abia State.

Phone: 08167113010, 08188612834,
0708095 3597

Thank you.

Every electronics market has a union body incharge of their activities, ask about the union office incharge from people around there, go there and lay your complaint and it will be resolved immediately.
Re: This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! by doggedfighter(f): 10:26am On May 16, 2021
People destroying trust.

To get value for hard earned money is a huge problem these days.

Make sure you are satisfied before payment.

Don't let anyone convince you when you notice anything.
Re: This Generator Dealer Is About Tho Defraud Me!! by NickyNickel(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Every electronics market has a union body incharge of their activities, ask about the union office incharge from people around there, go there and lay your complaint and it will be resolved immediately.

Another Idea..Noted

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Hopeful Or Hopeless Or Just Helpless / Aregbesola Colloquium Holds Tomorrow / Ibom Air Will Get Ten New Aircrafts Before 2023 - Governor Udom Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.