Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Controversy Trails Death Of Socialite During Prayer Session At Celestial Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Controversy Trails Death Of Socialite During Prayer Session At Celestial Church (204 Views)

Kayode Badru: Celestial Church Reacts To Death Of Socialite / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Controversy Trails Death Of Socialite During Prayer Session At Celestial Church by sinkhole: 1:45pm On May 16, 2021
Kofoworola, the widow of Kayode Badru, the businessman cum socialite who died in a parish of the Celestial Church of Christ in Alagbado, Lagos recently had no inkling that a prayer session her husband went for on their wedding anniversary could result in his gruesome death.

Badru, a roundly built successful businessman and socialite who shuttled between Nigeria, Europe and the United Arab Emirates, had hesitated in leaving their palatial residence at No 13 C, Morin Street, New Oko-Oba near Abule Egba on April 26.

”He was restless before he left home on the fateful day. He left our room and returned three times midway the staircase before he finally left,” Kofoworola said.

”He kept saying he forgot something until he finally left home after turning to the room three times.

“He did not eat before he left home, so he asked me to prepare chicken stew and rice for him.

”He told me he was going for prayers at his late mother’s church around Magboro area in Ogun State. He left home around 10 am and promised to come back by 2pm.”

Unknown to his wife of four years, her husband had gone to another Celestial Church parish for the prayers which turned tragic and terminated their four-year-old conjugal bliss.

While Kofoworola was still wondering why her husband had not returned home to eat his favourite meal at 2 pm, cruel fate had played a fast one the Abeokuta-born father of four.

At the church, her husband had clenched his fingers around seven lighted candlesticks and knelt down swathed by seven elders who poured effusive prayers on him to overcome evil.

In the middle of the prayers, the prayer warriors were said to have sprayed him with some spiritual perfume. But before they knew it, the perfume ignited fire which burnt Badru beyond recognition.

He was rushed to the Gbagada General Hospital, where he eventually died on May 4.

“I did not know that he went to another church, the Imole Cathedral of the Celestial Church of Christ. Although the shepherd of the church is his friend and he was the one who facilitated the opening of the church’s branch in Dubai, UAE.

“I became worried when he didn’t return home on time. A few hours later, I was told that he was involved in an accident during the prayers.

https://thenationonlineng.net/controversy-trails-death-of-socialite-during-prayer-session-at-celestial-church/

Re: Controversy Trails Death Of Socialite During Prayer Session At Celestial Church by blackboy(m): 7:08pm On May 16, 2021
This must be treated as a criminal act. Burnt beyond recognition? Haba. I hope arrests have been made.

(1) (Reply)

Not By Your Prayer But Your Heart / Say It And Have It / Bishop Oyedepo Tells Christians Worldwide Why They Should Be Joyful Always; Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.