Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,545 members, 7,958,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Scholarship Abroad - Should I Accept? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scholarship Abroad - Should I Accept? (207 Views)

Babcock University Student Expelled Over Sex Video Gets Scholarship Abroad (Pix) / Anyone Studying Abroad Should Please Help / List Of Universities That Accept 120 Cut-Off Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scholarship Abroad - Should I Accept? by AglowRaph(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2021
Hello everyone!

Please I created this post to seek for your advise and suggestions.

I got an email 3 days ago as regards a scholarship I had applied for in one of China's universities. I was admitted and offered the University President Scholarship worth N2 Million. This scholarship only takes care of my school fees.

I am left to handle the stipend and accommodation expenses. Even the flight ticket, visa application and all will have to be funded by me.

Another consideration is that the Masters study will last for 3 years (in English). If it was 2 years or less, I could have sourced for funding or help.

What do you think I should do? What's your suggestion?

The screenshot is a breakdown of the school fees and other expenses.

Re: Scholarship Abroad - Should I Accept? by traihit: 5:04pm On May 16, 2021
I think your pocket and plans should do the thinking for you.

If your pocket can carry it or there's a way to source for the funds and it aligns with your plans, why not? Otherwise, you're not doing scholarship-hunting.
Re: Scholarship Abroad - Should I Accept? by DAramis: 5:13pm On May 16, 2021
If they have other internal scholarships in the school, it could be better to move. After 1 semester, you apply for support assistant in the school or other internal scholarship.

Job prospects is another good option but don't know if the country allows it for foreign students.

(1) (Reply)

EDWIIN, SBS, Others Launch Online Educational Platform "I- Africa School" / How To Pass Any Exams With Straight A's / Countries In Europe Offering Scholarships To International Students Without IELT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.