Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,812 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! (988 Views)

2013 Toyota Camry SE (tokunbo, Lagos Port Cleared, Full Duty Paid) / I have SOLD my very clean Few months old 2013 Toyota Hummer 2 Bus / SOLD! SOLD!! Tokunbo 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by niceguyedy: 6:28pm On May 16, 2021
I need help from experience Auto Dealers

I work in a multi- national company with a salary of 800k a month, I decided in 2019 to start a car biz so I can make some extra income. I decided to contact a friend in the US and we've been doing biz then last year March he told me he wanted to sell his 2013 Toyota Highlander limited and I requested for pictures as usual, advertised it and my manager showed interest and I communicated this to my partner after back & forth negotiation he decided to sell the Highlander for 6M and my Boss paid 5M balance to be paid on delivery. After payment my partner couldn't ship the car as promised due to missing Car title till this year February when he got a bonded title and shipped the car.after the car was cleared my friend says he can't sell the car at that price anymore that he wants more cos he's spent so much on the car that I should engage my manager with the Update .After informing my manager the feedback I got is very scary as my Manager has threatened to report me to ethics and compliance section of my company if I do not deliver his car and this could lead to me being sacked ,my friend is not willing to let go the highlander at this point I'm stuck and confused .I need advice on how to navigate this kind of situation.
Thanks in anticipation for good advice

Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by greggng: 6:35pm On May 16, 2021
niceguyedy:

I work in a multi- national company with a salary of 800k a month, I decided in 2019 to start a car biz so I can make some extra income. I decided to contact a friend in the US and we've been doing biz then last year March he told me he wanted to sell his 2013 Toyota Highlander limited and I requested for pictures as usual, advertised it and my manager showed interest and I communicated this to my partner after back & forth negotiation he decided to sell the Highlander for 6M and my Boss paid 5M balance to be paid on delivery. After payment my partner couldn't ship the car as promised due to missing Car title till this year February when he got a bonded title and shipped the car.after the car was cleared my friend says he can't sell the car at that price anymore that he wants more cos he's spent so much on the car that I should engage my manager with the Update .After informing my manager the feedback I got is very scary as my Manager has threatened to report me to ethics and compliance section of my company if I do not deliver his car and this could lead to me being sacked ,my friend is not willing to let go the highlander at this point I'm stuck and confused .I need advice on how to navigate this kind of situation.

One thing I hate in my life are people who cannot keep to agreement . To save your face from this mess, go ahead and pay whatever is the balance to your friend in USA so that they car could be released to the buyer ...The buyer has done what he needed to do....coming back to tell him that additional cost is involved , is a sign of fraud . Sacrifice your pay to make up the balance ....May be next time you have to be careful dealing with your guy in USA.

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by deavicky(m): 6:43pm On May 16, 2021
niceguyedy:

800k salary, simply pay ur boss his 5m. Complete the balance and take the car. Fork ur boss doesn't he know what is obtainable in the market today?.
Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by Philadelphia: 6:51pm On May 16, 2021
niceguyedy:

Your guy in the USA obviously knows that the demand and cost price of that car in Nigeria has gone up. So, h wants to share in the extra profit.

Well my advice is that you pay him the reasonable extra and keep your job, save your reputation at work and have peace of mind.

You can count this as a financial loss but be assured that the gain outweighs the loss.

Learn from this lesson and move on.

You will be alright in a matter of time.

PS: No need to state that you work in a multinational company. I didn’t see it’s relevance to your story plus it’s best to keep such information discreet for security purposes.

This is a public faceless platform.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by Smithkline200: 6:52pm On May 16, 2021
Really? You sound delusional but I'm sure you are not... he paid 5M out of 6m like a year ago.. He was patient enough only to be approached for additional charges... In your "big" mind, if it were to be you, after waiting this long, hope you'd be able to pay the extra..

Be realistic please!

deavicky:
800k salary, simply pay ur boss his 5m. Complete the balance and take the car. Fork ur boss doesn't he know what is obtainable in the market today?.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by Smithkline200: 6:55pm On May 16, 2021
This is very common with some friends/folks buying out cars from the US

They will always bring up one story to make you add some USD..

Pay the additional cost, it won't kill you and ensure you deliver your Boss's car, but bear it in mind that your car business is already a loss cos your boss would not positively cross-sell your business, rather he will tell people not to deal with you.

niceguyedy:

Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by Smithkline200: 6:55pm On May 16, 2021
smiley

niceguyedy:

Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by AgentGoat: 7:07pm On May 16, 2021
Your friend is being insincere.

Must you tell the public how much you earn?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by kingreign(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2021
niceguyedy:

This is why you shouldn't mix work/biz with family/friends.
They'll rubbish you 80% of the time.
My advice, pay up the remaining money your friend asked for (that's if your friend will still be trust worthy to ship after payment) and accept it as a loss.
Also, at this point,

You should realize that your boss has lost trust he has in you and may never recommend you to anyone else either for a job or business, he may still report you to ethics and compliance unit/dept even after you have delivered the car.

Life goes on and lessons should be learnt here.
Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by DelTel(m): 8:16pm On May 16, 2021
niceguyedy:

I work advice

Speak to your US contact to be reasonable and pay a reasonable amount, if need be, to get the buyer his vehicle without additional cost. The buyer might on his accord add-up some money willingly after successful delivery.
Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by seunoj: 8:44pm On May 16, 2021
niceguyedy:

Na this kain thing person do for my office wey them sack am o. How can someone wait for one year and you are talking price changes? U better deliver the car first and beg ur boss if he can be benevolent enough to square you anything.
Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by deavicky(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2021
Smithkline200:
Really? You sound delusional but I'm sure you are not... he paid 5M out of 6m like a year ago.. He was patient enough only to be approached for additional charges... In your "big" mind, if it were to be you, after waiting this long, hope you'd be able to pay the extra..

Be realistic please!

honestly I will pay, considering that happened except I sense fraud. But if I can not pay , I will simply ask for a refund. If he (the boss) reports that guy and he is sacked I'm sure getting the car will become more difficult.
He had already entered a business gone wrong, let him just be considerate.
What if the US guy had decided not to send the car at all. Let's try to balance it.
Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by jaxxy(m): 11:22pm On May 16, 2021
If there is a logical, acceptable and verifiable reason for this increased price, he shud state everything clearly and lets also be sure it’s same car and In same state and condition, reasons for a 1 year delay inclusive. Then we can verify the information together and if all is this checks out and isn’t due to ur frnds fault or negligence pls accept to bare or share the additional cost. Protect ur image and reputation.
Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by Anchor84: 5:05am On May 19, 2021
deavicky:
Thats totally Wrong my brother,Do you remember they had an agreement?
Re: 2013 Toyota Highlander-help!!! Help!!help! by Anchor84: 5:07am On May 19, 2021
greggng:

One thing I hate in my life are people who cannot keep to agreement . To save your face from this mess, go ahead and pay whatever is the balance to your friend in USA so that they car could be released to the buyer ...The buyer has done what he needed to do....coming back to tell him that additional cost is involved , is a sign of fraud . Sacrifice your pay to make up the balance ....May be next time you have to be careful dealing with your guy in USA.
Best Opinion I guess,There is always a Lost and again in Business.Not all business Comes out the way you plan.
As a business you shld expect Gain and Lost,But ur Lost shouldn’t be more than Gain.

(1) (Reply)

Corolla 2006 Available For Sale. I Have 2 Units. Clean In And Out / Super Clean Lexus RX330 Selling For 2.8m / Awoof 08 Lexus Es350 Toks Full Option For Just 3.950m nett

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.