Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Careers in Finance (Investment & Wealth) CFA/FRM for students and graduates - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Careers in Finance (Investment & Wealth) CFA/FRM for students and graduates (334 Views)

Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance / Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? / Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Careers in Finance (Investment & Wealth) CFA/FRM for students and graduates by Ifenaijlove(f): 8:28am On May 17, 2021
This thread is dedicated to students, graduates & professionals who are looking to start their career or transition into Finance.

I’ll be sharing tips for CV, interviews & networking opportunities. I’m a manager at an investment bank/asset management in Europe.

There is currently an opening for secondary & upcoming university students to gain a paid scholarship towards their education.

Also, an opportunity for graduates to gain mentorship from the top executives in Nigeria banking, Wall Street traders & European Investment Bankers.

Feel free to comment below if you want to know more!!

Ask questions or share tips:

- Accounting Professionals
- Banking Professionals
- Portfolio Managers
- Investment Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals
- Private Equity Professionals
- Equity And Derivative Traders
- Hedge Fund Service Providers
- Venture Capital Professionals
- M & A Analysts
- Corporate Finance Professionals
- Research Analysts
- MBA & MSC Graduates/Students
- Prime Brokerage Professionals
- HR Professionals

#career #finance #investment #CV
Re: Careers in Finance (Investment & Wealth) CFA/FRM for students and graduates by Ifenaijlove(f): 8:34am On May 17, 2021
Your CV is a critical aspect to get an opportunity to show that you are a strong candidate. Your CV should be in reverse chronological order or skill based depending on your experience level. You need to list your experiences and education in reverse date order (the most recent). It should be no more that 2 pages. If you are someone who is less experienced, transitioning or applying to a smaller firm then it’s vital that you have a cover letter (I have a free guide to help with structure and information). Your social media platforms are important such as LinkedIn as recruiters do check them whether there is content or not.

The do’s and don’ts:

1. Do ensure that you give space to relevant items on your CV. Bullet points help with this.
2. Don’t include an unprofessional email address.
3. Do prioritise relevant skills and experiences first within each section
4. Don’t send a CV to a recruiter without ensuring that there are no grammar or spelling mistakes.
5. Do ensure that your CV is outcome based and not task based. Using active language and verbs rather than passive language helps with this.

Many more recruiters (especially larger firms) are using applicant tracking systems (ATS) to decide whether a candidate is best suited for a role based on experience level and the kinds of keywords used throughout the CV. I recommend that everyone run their CV through the following free online ATS systems (PDF format is best):
1. Skillroads.com
2. Skillsyncer.com
Re: Careers in Finance (Investment & Wealth) CFA/FRM for students and graduates by Ifenaijlove(f): 7:29pm On May 17, 2021
Ifenaijlove:
Your CV is a critical aspect to get an opportunity to show that you are a strong candidate. Your CV should be in reverse chronological order or skill based depending on your experience level. You need to list your experiences and education in reverse date order (the most recent). It should be no more that 2 pages. If you are someone who is less experienced, transitioning or applying to a smaller firm then it’s vital that you have a cover letter (I have a free guide to help with structure and information). Your social media platforms are important such as LinkedIn as recruiters do check them whether there is content or not.

The do’s and don’ts:

1. Do ensure that you give space to relevant items on your CV. Bullet points help with this.
2. Don’t include an unprofessional email address.
3. Do prioritise relevant skills and experiences first within each section
4. Don’t send a CV to a recruiter without ensuring that there are no grammar or spelling mistakes.
5. Do ensure that your CV is outcome based and not task based. Using active language and verbs rather than passive language helps with this.

Many more recruiters (especially larger firms) are using applicant tracking systems (ATS) to decide whether a candidate is best suited for a role based on experience level and the kinds of keywords used throughout the CV. I recommend that everyone run their CV through the following free online ATS systems (PDF format is best):
1. Skillroads.com
2. Skillsyncer.com

@ https://www.nairaland.com/yuceeh or @yuceeh - I see you’re trying to connect. Please use this thread. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Start Your Career Easily-learn Affiliate/cpa Marketing For Free / Techhangout -- Check Account Creation Date Microsoft 365 / Unlimited Video Streaming Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.