Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me (2171 Views)

My Landlady Killed Her Husband And His Mistress – Suspect . / Mother Of Two Beaten To Death By Landlady And Daughter In Lagos (photo) / Mother Suspecting Her Son Of Homosexual Activity Catches Him With His Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2021
Good day guys, I know it's still early but am really really sad and angry right now.

It all started when I moved in around December last year, Somehow she(my Landlady) got to know that my dad is into repairs of electrical devices.

The son approached me and asked if I can take it to for repair, which I accepted and gave them a date(after informing my dad) since he works with schedules...throughout that period they didn't say anything to me about it until after my dad traveled for Christmas.

I told him about the recent developments and he pleaded if I can take it to someone I know.

>>>>Fast forward <<<<
I took it to a guy close to my shop and he charged me N6,500 and in other to make things transparent I immediately called the son and told him everything, even insisted he speak to the electrician but he assured me that there's no need and if I had any money I should pay.

>>>>

I took it back to them the next day and requested for my money and he gave me some excuse but promised to pay up the next week, till date these people haven't given me a kobo.

Two months ago I approached the son and requested they should be deducting it from my light bill which is N1000 per month and he said he'll have to discuss with the mom and she accepted.
That month she paid for my bills.

The next month she pleaded I assist her cos she was broke and I gave her the bill for that month but made her know it will be the last, until my money is complete.

This morning she called and said I must pay for the light and start saying the item I repaired is not okay and I should show them the things I charged and if I don't pay she will cut my light bla bla bla...

How can people be this ungrateful
Please have I done wrong in helping them?

How should I handle this?

I need your advice please
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by gwinaB(m): 10:27am On May 17, 2021
Just pay the bill and accept your loss on this one.

7 Likes

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2021
gwinaB:
Just pay the bill and accept your loss on this one.

Sir times are had oo
I don't even have a job anymore.
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by gudvibz(f): 10:36am On May 17, 2021
Just let it go, see it as a gift to them. They'll need your help again, I know they will cos such people will always need help.

10 Likes

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2021
gudvibz:
Just let it go, see it as a gift to them. They'll need your help again, I know they will cos such people will always need help.

Honestly, it is hard but I will do as you've said.
Thank you ma'am
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by Draslo(m): 11:08am On May 17, 2021
Your situation is quite peculiar but the truth is that you have all of the blame. Why?

1. You moved in last December and your landlady already knows your father's profession. If your father doesn't live with you, you should learn to shut your mouth bro.
2. Her son, is he lame or what?
3. Renting an apartment where the landlord/lady lives is a recipe for trouble nawwwwwwww.

11 Likes

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 11:29am On May 17, 2021
Draslo:
Your situation is quite peculiar but the truth is that you have all of the blame. Why?

1. You moved in last December and your landlady already knows your father's profession. If your father doesn't live with you, you should lean to shut your mouth bro.
2. Her son, is he lame or what?
3. Renting an apartment where the landlord/lady lives is a recipe for trouble nawwwwwwww.

Am the kinda guy that trust too much and most especially because she's an elderly woman, normally it's pay before service,but their rent is quite expensive, so I never saw that as a problem.

The son?
I don't wanna talk about his personal life

The building, location and compound is to my taste, and since I don't stay home all day I never thought I'll be having issues with them.

Ironically, when I moved in, she called me and told me how other tenants are gossiping about her and I should just mind my business.

I never for once thought of having issues with her.... Never!

3 Likes

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by DICKstractor: 12:06pm On May 17, 2021
undecided

Deduct it from your next rent

4 Likes

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 17, 2021
mezico96:

Am the kinda guy that trust too much and most especially because she's an elderly woman, normally it's pay before service,but their rent is quite expensive, so I never saw that as a problem.

The son?

The house is building, location and compound is my taste, and since I don't stay home all day I never thought I'll be having issues with them.

Ironically, when I moved in, she called me and told me how other tenants are gossiping about her and I should just mind my business.

This is a red flag bro... why are they gossiping her? There's no smoke without fire. See... you are to blame o. Since you have decided to rent a house where the landlord also stays then you should have drawn a line between you guys. The moment they start coming to you for help politely turn them down. Those landlords that always look for God-fearing christians are usually the worst. The last house I stayed in... the useless landlord cut our light and later apologized saying that he thought that we were owing... okay.. fix it but he refused telling us to fix it ourselves... that was the beginning of hell for me o. but i showed him hell too. After my rent expired I kept the room locked up for another 2 months if not for my mom I wanted it locked for 3 to 5 months as I didn't enjoy light for the last 3 months of my rent due to his action and that of other tenants who were angry. Don't copy my method, it's not good but you should now have an idea of how to treat their fuckups

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by Draslo(m): 1:13pm On May 17, 2021
mezico96:

The son?

The house is building, location and compound is my taste, and since I don't stay home all day I never thought I'll be having issues with them.

Bro, you're in for a long haul of drama. No be me go tell you to pack out. Good luck man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by infogenius(m): 1:25pm On May 17, 2021
mezico96:
Good day guys, I know it's still early but am really really sad and angry right now.

It all started when I moved in around December last year, Somehow she(my Landlady) got to know that my dad is into repairs of electrical devices.

The son approached me and asked if I can take it to for repair, which I accepted and gave them a date(after informing my dad) since he works with schedules...throughout that period they didn't say anything to me about it until after my dad traveled for Christmas.

I told him about the recent developments and he pleaded if I can take it to someone I know.

>>>>Fast forward <<<<
I took it to a guy close to my shop and he charged me N6,500 and in other to make things transparent I immediately called the son and told him everything, even insisted he speak to the electrician but he assured me that there's no need and if I had any money I should pay.

>>>>

I took it back to them the next day and requested for my money and he gave me some excuse but promised to pay up the next week, till date these people haven't given me a kobo.

Two months ago I approached the son and requested they should be deducting it from my light bill which is N1000 per month and he said he'll have to discuss with the mom and she accepted.

The next month she pleaded I assist her cos she was broke and I gave her the bill for that month but made her know it will be the last, until my money is complete.

This morning she called and said I must pay for the light and start saying the item I repaired is not okay and I should show them the things I charged and if I don't pay she will cut my light bla bla bla...

I am sorry to tell you that u've fallen into the poor lady's nest.
Just pay your light bill to prevent embarrassment.
Next time don't let common people send u on unprofitable errands. Show them the place or what to do so that they do their stuffs themselves.
With hindsight, they will even say u had something to gain from the errand they sent you.
Just dash them the dough and don't talk about it again with any of them.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by Ritzybeauty(f): 2:05pm On May 17, 2021
Let things slide to avoid unpleasant situations frustrations from both parties , you learnt your lessons the hard way so next time you avoid it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

Deduct it from your next rent

Am not paying the rent to her
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 2:35pm On May 17, 2021
princetunex:

This is a red flag bro... why are they gossiping her? There's no smoke without fire. See... you are to blame o. Since you have decided to rent a house where the landlord also stays then you should have drawn a line between you guys. The moment they start coming to you for help politely turn them down. Those landlords that always look for God-fearing christians are usually the worst. The last house I stayed in... the useless landlord cut our light and later apologized saying that he thought that we were owing... okay.. fix it but he refused telling us to fix it ourselves... that was the beginning of hell for me o. but i showed him hell too. After my rent expired I kept the room locked up for another 2 months if not for my mom I wanted it locked for 3 to 5 months as I didn't enjoy light for the last 3 months of my rent due to his action and that of other tenants who were angry. Don't copy my method, it's not good but you should now have an idea of how to treat their fuckups

Yeah... I can't do that to a widow, all I want is my money cos I can't be giving them money when they are owing me.

About living in a house where they owners stays, well, house are not common and I do according to my pocket.
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by Kondomatic(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2021
mezico96:

Am the kinda guy that trust too much
You will cry a lot in this life.

This isn't a curse, just a simple truth from someone that experienced the same thing.

The worst part is that you will always be alone when you're down, nobody will help you.

3 Likes

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 2:37pm On May 17, 2021
Draslo:

Bro, you're in for a long haul of drama. No be me go tell you to pack out. Good luck man.

I'm actually considering that right now...

U need to see how she's branding me a BAD PERSON
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 2:39pm On May 17, 2021
infogenius:

I am sorry to tell you that u've fallen into the poor lady's nest.
Just pay your light bill to prevent embarrassment.
Next time don't let common people send u on unprofitable errands. Show them the place or what to do so that they do their stuffs themselves.
With hindsight, they will even say u had something to gain from the errand they sent you.
Just dash them the dough and don't talk about it again with any of them.

Thank you...
Of course they are saying I added something to the original amount.... Just imagine.
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2021
Ritzybeauty:
Let things slide to avoid unpleasant situations frustrations from both parties , you learnt your lessons the hard way so next time you avoid it

OK dear... Indeed I leant the hard way
Thank you
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 2:42pm On May 17, 2021
Kondomatic:
You will cry a lot in this life.

This isn't a curse, just a simple truth from someone that experienced the same thing.

The worst part is that you will always be alone when you're down, nobody will help you.

Hmmm... I understand
People tell me that
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 17, 2021
mezico96:

Yeah... I can't do that to a widow, all I want is my money cos I can't be giving them money when they are owing me.

About living in a house where they owners stays, well, house are not common and I do according to my pocket.

Then next time dey your lane. The money is gone. learn from this and move on

1 Like

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by SEGLIZ: 2:56pm On May 17, 2021
mezico96:

Sir times are had oo

what if they weren't owing you this money won't you offset your bills?
take this as a bad debt written off, just one of those mistakes you've made and repeat such.
only if you are a trouble maker then you won't let go.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 4:26pm On May 17, 2021
SEGLIZ:

what if they weren't owing you this money won't you offset your bills?
take this as a bad debt written off, just one of those mistakes you've made and repeat such.
only if you are a trouble maker then you won't let go.

I understand you sir
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by gwinaB(m): 4:55pm On May 17, 2021
mezico96:

Sir times are had oo

I understand but just save yourself the trouble
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by Ritzybeauty(f): 5:55pm On May 17, 2021
mezico96:

OK dear... Indeed I leant the hard way
Thank you
You are welcome
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by Khd95(m): 10:10pm On May 17, 2021
You are wrong for accepting to pay for the repair over verbal assurance of repayment

It's like you no dey naija, no matter how nice u are, the moment they asked you this pay for it if you have My money with you,you will say no u don't have that you didn't plan for such while stepping out,and return their appliance to them and give them the direction of where to repair it.

Na ur fault op, don't trust people because they look nice,trust people with experience, it was too sudden for you to trust someone that you haven't even lived up to a year to have an idea of what type of person they are, now then Dem change am for you, you better pay ur light dies and forget the money with them, or they will cut your lights until you your light fee cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by dnawah(m): 10:17pm On May 17, 2021
Na u dey worry yourself!these types na them fear pass.when the rent is due just remove am there,if them do gra gra call police
mezico96:

>>>>Fast forward <<<<

>>>>

1 Like

Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by mezico96(m): 10:56pm On May 17, 2021
Khd95:
You are wrong for accepting to pay for the repair over verbal assurance of repayment

It's like you no dey naija, no matter how nice u are, the moment they asked you this pay for it if you have My money with you,you will say no u don't have that you didn't plan for such while stepping out,and return their appliance to them and give them the direction of where to repair it.

Na ur fault op, don't trust people because they look nice,trust people with experience, it was too sudden for you to trust someone that you haven't even lived up to a year to have an idea of what type of person they are, now then Dem change am for you, you better pay ur light dies and forget the money with them, or they will cut your lights until you your light fee cheesy

You make feel like helping someone is wrong fa
Re: My Landlady And Her Son Are Really Frustrating Me by ecomalchemist(m): 6:24am On May 18, 2021

Always learn to mind your business, your relationship with your landlady should start with good morning and house rent

Nothing more, Nothing Less

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Playboy Killed 3 Women And Had Sex With Their Corpses / Shocking Video: Moment Nigerian Pastor Caught Having Sex With Married Woman / Small children of 5 years were turned to cultist - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.