Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

‘becoming A Governor Made Me Even Poorer,’ Okorocha Denies Corruption Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘becoming A Governor Made Me Even Poorer,’ Okorocha Denies Corruption Allegation (145 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Denies Joining PDP, Says I’m Still In APC / Osinbajo: FG Can Seize Assets Even Without Corruption Allegation / Gov Rochas Okorocha Denies Dumping APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘becoming A Governor Made Me Even Poorer,’ Okorocha Denies Corruption Allegation by oaktvnigeria: 1:59pm On May 17, 2021
Senator Rochas Okorocha, representing Imo West senatorial district, has said that becoming the Governor of Imo State made him poorer.

Okorocha said this when he appeared as a guest on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics while denying the allegations that he acquired properties with government funds.

According to the former governor, people seem to have forgotten so easily that he was a successful person before becoming governor in 2011.

Okorocha, therefore, dared anyone to come forth with evidence that he is corrupt and mismanaged Imo State funds while in office.

“I challenge anybody to prove that I acquired any property with any government fund,” Okorocha said.

“I think people have forgotten that I was Rochas before becoming the governor of Imo State; I think they have forgotten completely.

Read Also: Okorocha: Police detaining my associates is a plot to implicate me

“If anything, becoming a governor made me even poorer than what I was in the past. I don’t know whether I acquired any property here in Abuja, there is none.”

The lawmaker said the hotel is linked to him belongs to his wife which is also a source for their foundation.

Okorocha wondered how he could have stolen the meagre monthly allocation the State receives from the Federal Government.

source: https://newstrack.oak.tv/becoming-a-governor-made-me-even-poorer-okorocha-denies-corruption-allegation/

Re: ‘becoming A Governor Made Me Even Poorer,’ Okorocha Denies Corruption Allegation by BangoDesign: 1:59pm On May 17, 2021
Sorry ooo
Re: ‘becoming A Governor Made Me Even Poorer,’ Okorocha Denies Corruption Allegation by Gbest90(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2021
Nice one...

Although thief's never admit to any crime, until they are caught. smiley
Re: ‘becoming A Governor Made Me Even Poorer,’ Okorocha Denies Corruption Allegation by Ritzybeauty(f): 2:08pm On May 17, 2021
Lies from the pit of hell.. God help Nigeria
Re: ‘becoming A Governor Made Me Even Poorer,’ Okorocha Denies Corruption Allegation by sweetshisha: 2:23pm On May 17, 2021
shocked

I won't lie.... Rochas disgraced himself woefully with that useless Imo State 8years Governorship

A philanthropist with free schools across Nigeria, feeding , educating and clothing thousands, a man who sat at the high table during 1999 democracy day and Ikemba Ojuckwu's birthday, a runner up to Obasanjo in PDP primaries

Now his fellow Ibo people have dragged him so deeply in the pit, that his stench would last a lifetime to cleanse

Re: ‘becoming A Governor Made Me Even Poorer,’ Okorocha Denies Corruption Allegation by Goldbw122(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2021
He has torns of billions in his account, how is he poor...

(1) (Reply)

Attahiru: Army Commences 3-day Prayers For Deceased COAS, Ten Others In Abuja / Happy Children's Day To Nigerian Children / Some Birth Control Methods Are Silent Violence Against Women, - Ayade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.