Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Decking Vibration. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Decking Vibration. (441 Views)

Estimated Cost Of Decking My House / Buy Hardwood 4 Roofing & Decking, Pay On Delivery 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12 / Uncompleted Property @ Decking Level For Sale @ Bogije Ajah Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decking Vibration. by zamirikpo(m): 4:15am On May 18, 2021
hello guyz,

pls i need advice on an issue .

I am currently building a 5bedroom duplex , we decked the building around October last year with no issues. the building has 2rooms downstairs and 3rooms upstairs. but recently, i noticed that in the masters bedroom, which is a bit bigger than others, you can feel a slight vibration under your feet when you jump on the decking. like a pulse under your feet. this vibration isnt felt while walking normally, just when you jump. every other room doesnt vibrate like this one. the engineer said its normal because of the size of the room, but i have fears, a house i want to live in with my kids,whats the assurance after 5 or 10yrs.

will it stop after i floor and tile......
.should i find a way to reinenforce it.......

pls advice .@spyder and co.
Re: Decking Vibration. by Hargbo(m): 11:18am On May 18, 2021
zamirikpo:
hello guyz,

I am currently building a 5bedroom duplex , we decked the building around October last year with no issues. the building has 2rooms downstairs and 3rooms upstairs. but recently, i noticed that in the masters bedroom, which is a bit bigger than others, you can feel a slight vibration under your feet when you jump on the decking. like a pulse under your feet. this vibration isnt felt while walking normally, just when you jump. every other room doesnt vibrate like this one. the engineer said its normal because of the size of the room, but i have fears, a house i want to live in with my kids,whats the assurance after 5 or 10yrs.

Do you have a structural design
Re: Decking Vibration. by Gistboy: 7:17am On Aug 23, 2022
Hi Zamirikpo
Please I would like to know how you solved this problem of vibration.
I have similar issue and I was told it would stop when I put tiles but I am not convinced.
zamirikpo:
hello guyz,

Re: Decking Vibration. by Nbg4real: 12:45pm On May 20, 2023
Please do you got solution? I have similar problem
Re: Decking Vibration. by KingAzubuike(f): 1:14pm On May 20, 2023
zamirikpo:
hello guyz,

Please vacate that house as soon as possible. Its a ticking time bomb.
Re: Decking Vibration. by dominic17: 1:41pm On May 20, 2023
Please experience engineers please advise the Op and save lives and properties

(1) (Reply)

What To Know About Land Titles In Nigeria And How They Impact Your Property / Water Factory / Sold Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.