Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Jews Wanted To Stone Jesus Because He Claimed To Be God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jews Wanted To Stone Jesus Because He Claimed To Be God (287 Views)

Stop Saying Good Morning Jesus Because Jesus-apostle Johnson Suleman / Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His / Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Jews Wanted To Stone Jesus Because He Claimed To Be God by Preciousgirl(f): 5:16pm On May 18, 2021
John 10:30-33
[30] I and My Father are one.”

[31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.

[32]Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

[33] The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

Many are still stoning Jesus today because He is God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Jews Wanted To Stone Jesus Because He Claimed To Be God by peteregwu(m): 5:20pm On May 18, 2021
Muslims won't like to read this, they will still keep coming with more argument. If Jesus was not God, he would have disclaimed it. But he knew he was being God and that is why he never argued with them. I love Jesus and I thank God for gving me the grace to believe in Jesus christ.

2 Likes

Re: The Jews Wanted To Stone Jesus Because He Claimed To Be God by budaatum: 5:29pm On May 18, 2021
If we are to be honest, we know many will want to stone Jesus or anyone today who claims they are God even after seeing their good works.

The argument will go something like "when we stone you show us you are God by not being stoned and then shall you be believed".

Obviously without knowing that which they would be doing.
Re: The Jews Wanted To Stone Jesus Because He Claimed To Be God by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On May 18, 2021
For those who really care to learn the Truth of what Jesus Christ in fact said in that passage, please see below....

John 10 vs 25 -38(ERV)

25. Jesus answered, “I told you already, but you did not believe. I do miracles in my Father’s name. These miracles show who I am.
26. But you do not believe, because you are not my sheep.
27. My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me.
28. I give my sheep eternal life. They will never die, and no one can take them out of my hand.
29. My Father is the one who gave them to me, and he is greater than all.[c] No one can steal my sheep out of his hand.
30. The Father and I are one.”

31. Again the Jews there picked up stones to kill Jesus.
32. But he said to them, “The many wonderful things you have seen me do are from the Father. Which of these good things are you killing me for?”

33. They answered, “We are not killing you for any good thing you did. But you say things that insult God. You are only a man, but you say you are the same as God! That is why we are trying to kill you!”

34. Jesus answered, “It is written in your law that God said, ‘I said you are gods.’[d]
35. This Scripture called those people gods—the people who received God’s message. And Scripture is always true.
36. So why do you accuse me of insulting God for saying, ‘I am God’s Son’? I am the one God chose and sent into the world.
37. If I don’t do what my Father does, then don’t believe what I say.
38. But if I do what my Father does, you should believe in what I do. You might not believe in me, but you should believe in the things I do. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
Re: The Jews Wanted To Stone Jesus Because He Claimed To Be God by Dtruthspeaker: 9:12pm On May 18, 2021
The Jews wanted to stone Christ because they are evil and evil Always Hates The Good.

And the Good is God.

Therefore, they simply revealed what they shall Do to God, if He delivered Himself to them!

(1) (Reply)

Question For Jehovah Witnesses Only / Why Are Nigerian Preachers Not Headlining American Christian Conferences ? / Reverend Polycarp Zango Has Just Been Released.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.