Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos (1119 Views)

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 18, 2021
Let's even agree that you've created an enabling environment for those who'd be laid off from this very sound policy of total ban on commercial okadas in Lagos.

This is a sound policy. It will allow free flow of traffic, i also envisaged the drivers obeying traffic rules accordingly.
I guess this policy is not conceivable. Maybe just yet!
why?
These 'korope' guys will compete with the existing ones. They are paying Agberos
Who'll the new ones pay ticketing fees to?
Nurtw Oluomo or LSBC?

I'm envisaging poor Lagosians will wait a long queue to catch a bus/korope to where an okada or keke Should route, but maybe it will ease traffic congestion when our Northern people take to another job, that will invariably put more people on the road.

Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months as said by the governor but if this 'sound policy' is ever masses friendly then this should not be conceivable now but if it does.... I guess someone needs to prove a point.
Asiwaju brought BRT
One brought Lagos Sanity
One built bridges and capacity
Now one needs to brighten Lagos opacity.
At Lagosians detriment? Think of standing inside scorching sun or heavy rain to catch bus to a five minutes drive.

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by Pierocash(m): 7:24pm On May 18, 2021
Asiwaju didn't bring BRT, Fashola did.

Asiwaju brought agberos

5 Likes

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by Pierced(f): 7:27pm On May 18, 2021
The rule will only work for okada running on Lagos high ways. The interiors and inner street of Lagos especially the mainland part will still have okada.

Places like ikorodu......surulere.....ketu.....mile 12 etc will still av bikes on the streets.

1 Like

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by helinues: 7:27pm On May 18, 2021
That's why Sanwoolu gave them 2 months ahead.. No turning back about the Okada banning.

Like I said before, even before the banning of open grazing, some steps have already been taken to curb the excess of roaches in Lagos and SW region as a whole.. Still no noise about the plan as it is still in progress.. Hints

2 Likes

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by famouscargo4u: 8:16pm On May 18, 2021
Pierocash:

Asiwaju brought agberos

BRT predated Fashola. There has been lag buses before Fashola. By the way, some BRT buses were already bought before Fashola took over

4 Likes

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by Toosure70: 8:51pm On May 18, 2021
Pierced:
The rule will only work for okada running on Lagos high ways. The interiors and inner street of Lagos especially the mainland part will still have okada.

Places like ikorodu......surulere.....ketu.....mile 12 etc will still av bikes on the streets.
mumu
Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by Amuochicha(f): 8:55pm On May 18, 2021
I hate APC
I hate Tinubu
I hate Buhari

1 Like

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by SIRAO(m): 5:35pm On May 19, 2021
Amuochicha:
I hate APC I hate Tinubu I hate Buhari
then die aturu dika gi
Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by ShadowCracker(m): 6:36pm On May 19, 2021
831o please forgive ne cry cry cry cry.
i apologize for disrespecting gbegile.
Please terminate my gbegile contract.
Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by omonnakoda: 6:40pm On May 19, 2021
Pierocash:

Asiwaju brought agberos
Tinubu started the construction of the BRT Lanes. The concept was his . The first buses ran under Fashola

2 Likes

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by nedu666: 6:47pm On May 19, 2021
What if aboki riders who form majority of okada refuses to abide by the police. What will gov do.

1 Like

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by hedonido: 7:04pm On May 19, 2021
Lagos is not Abuja (Town), or Enugu, or Asaba, or any other city where Okada has been successfully banned. You can proclaim a ban across Lagos. But who would enforce it? The population of riders and passengers is just too much and they will prove stubborn. Even the police (who are supposed to enforce the ban) and MC Oluomo's urchins who run the real streets wouldn't want the chaos to end, because they rather collect N100 from each Okada running in the inner streets and look the other way than enforce the law.

The stupid 'last mile' buses introduced by the LASG isn't a solution to anything. The only solution is to think up pragmatic alternatives that are either as cheap and as convenient as okadas or make okadas unattractive for most commuters. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.

It's not my job to waste brain juice to think up real pragmatic solutions/suggestions for the LASG. Unless of course they're ready to pay me Consulting fees. Let them do their job! Any fool can simply ban. Let them stress their fucking brains!
Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by Kinematics: 7:10pm On May 19, 2021
Why is the banning of Okada in Lagos a big deal? Many states have banned it in their major cities for years and all this rancour was not there. What's so special about okada in Lagos?

Here in the SS there's no major city that Okada exists for years now and no wailing and yelling. What's with Logosians self?

Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by MsAllison(f): 10:41pm On May 19, 2021
ShadowCracker:
831o please forgive ne cry cry cry cry.
i apologize for disrespecting gbegile.
Please terminate my gbegile contract.
ok I'll beg them to forgive you.

they're merciful
Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by cocolacec(m): 11:01pm On May 19, 2021
Pierocash:

Asiwaju brought agberos

Fashola is the godson of Tinubu following his Godfather’s masterplan for Lagos,
Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by ThatFairGuy: 8:02am On May 20, 2021
See Wetin u don use that poor boy eyes see wink
MsAllison:
ok I'll beg them to forgive you.

they're merciful
Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 20, 2021
hedonido:

It's not my job to waste brain juice to think up real pragmatic solutions/suggestions for the LASG. Unless of course they're ready to pay me Consulting fees. Let them do their job! Any fool can simply ban. Let them stress their fucking brains!

Na our land go suffer am undecided
Re: Implications of Total Ban On Okadas In Lagos by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 20, 2021
Pierocash:

Asiwaju brought agberos

Your facts are wrong

(1) (Reply)

Church Funeral Service For Victims Of Kaduna Plane Crash Commences(photos) / Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down / How Bini Overlords Enslaved Itsekiri People In Itsekiriland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.