Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Does Having Two Bachelor Degrees Boost One's Chances In The Labor Market? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does Having Two Bachelor Degrees Boost One's Chances In The Labor Market? (291 Views)

Temitayo Bello Bags 2nd PhD After 3 Masters, 3 Bachelor’s Degrees / 192 JAMB Score: What Are My Chances Of Getting Admission With This UTME Score? / Bachelor's Degrees Abbreviations And Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Having Two Bachelor Degrees Boost One's Chances In The Labor Market? by Olorilolo(f): 10:36am On May 19, 2021
I'll really like to know.
Re: Does Having Two Bachelor Degrees Boost One's Chances In The Labor Market? by Henry22(m): 10:45am On May 19, 2021
Learn a skill for your own good, am talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Does Having Two Bachelor Degrees Boost One's Chances In The Labor Market? by edoairways: 1:24pm On May 19, 2021
Olorilolo unfortunately the answer is no. Having a degree only give an edge because of your exposure however having the right skills and talents sustains you in an organisation.

1 Like

Re: Does Having Two Bachelor Degrees Boost One's Chances In The Labor Market? by Drlumi: 1:37pm On May 19, 2021
It depends on the kind of job the applicant is looking for. I would however recommend getting a higher degree such as a Masters if possible. In many situations, if the fields are completely different, the candidate may be able to get into the new field with a Post Graduate Diploma and then proceed to a Masters. There are also many foreign universities that would accept industry-relevant experience plus a degree in any field as proof of eligibility to get into that particular field at Masters level. Please note that this may not be possible in all scenarios.

Depending on the kind of job being sought, certifications may be a good route to also consider.

And if you are looking to relocate, you may wish to consider diplomas like the ones we offer at Twim Institute in Business Management, IT and Hospitality & Tourism Management. They are British diplomas, are valid educational qualifications, can be used for WES evaluation and can help you get started on your chosen career path. More information is [url="https://twiminstitute.com/international/"]available here[/url].
Re: Does Having Two Bachelor Degrees Boost One's Chances In The Labor Market? by bigl: 12:59pm On Apr 17
Honestly, its just a waste of money and time.

We have moved from the era of "go to school, make good grades, get good job and retire with your pension" life to "what skill/can u do with your hands/brains" .....

The earlier u understand this, the better you'll be able to make a decision on time and switch over ....

Too bad, too many people are over qualified for jobs being scoutted for!

Some of my friends have 3 masters and yet, no job.

I'll advise u learn as many skill (digital oooo) as possible because even 1 skill these days can mess somebody up.

It is well .... God dey

Olorilolo:
I'll really like to know.

(1) (Reply)

25 Best Boarding School In Nigeria / Best Private School In Nigeria With Well Behaved Students / How To Say Goodbye In Spoken English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.