Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,753 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

Story By Nikkyivy - AFLOAT E. 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story By Nikkyivy - AFLOAT E. 1 (285 Views)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story By Nikkyivy - AFLOAT E. 1 by NikkyIvy(f): 2:41pm On May 19, 2021
Hello fellow Nairalanders, this is a story from me.
Disclaimer; when reading, try not to see yourself or anyone you know in the plot, It is a work of fiction. Ignore any typo errors. I can't promise daily updates, so be patient... Okay. Enjoy and i am looking forward to your feedbacks.

I pulled my knees up to my jaw as I tried to coil myself into a ball. The jagged edges of the building I had fled into grazed my back through the thin fabric of my wet sleeveless top which was stuck to my skin by my sweat. Goose bumps formed on my skin as the chills of the night breeze mercilessly seeped into my pores. Concealed by the darkness and enveloped by the odour of human excrement, I hurdled lower, finding peace in the rhythm of my heart hammering in my ears as I calculated my next move.

Suddenly my knees felt damp and I looked down as my denim soaked up more moist. It was then I realized I had been crying. Swiping at the silent tears streaming down my face with quivering fingers I stifled the choking sound that threatened to escape from my throat as I felt the smear of something I could swear was excreta on my face. My skin crawled and I tried to hold down my earlier lunch as my stomach lurched with revulsion. More tears blinded me and my body shook uncontrollably.

Why did I ignore my instincts and decide to take this short route instead of my usual tiring long way home? Why did I ignore the news about the dreaded gang dishing out untimely death on that route without reproach or mercy? All I wanted was to hurry home. God help me please; I prayed as thought of my earlier diarrhoea session no longer crossed my dazed mind.

With each passing second, my heart beat tripled as my heightened auditory cortex tried to pick out any sound from the dreadful group I was fleeing from. I am sure you are wondering how my dilemma started and why I am concealing myself inside a dilapidated building at night. Well, this is my story...

(1) (Reply)

Osogbo Book Club Set To Host Oladejo Haneef And Afeez Olagunju For Her June Read / Finance Content Writers Needed / I Can Write Any Fiction...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.