Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike (20909 Views)

FUTMinna Lecturer, Adefolalu Funmilola Sherifat, Found Dead With Her Throat Slit / Teenager Caught Trying To Cut The Throat Of A 3-year-old Girl / Bullying: SS2 Student Slit Throat Of Junior Colleague In Borno [Pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by NightFood: 8:16pm On May 19, 2021
No be lie, this na just wetin dey. Insecurity isn't just our problems, bad road and lack of power too, if no be for this Oraimo 10,000 mAh power bank pesin dey use how i for dey operate my tecno phone sef
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by FarahAideed: 8:16pm On May 19, 2021
Buhari is insecurity and insecurity is Buhari!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by McGg: 8:16pm On May 19, 2021
I didn't bother to read the write up Las Las Nigeria is a shit hole
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by shegzhkn: 8:17pm On May 19, 2021
Even the 1.9B USD annual defense budget is very low - recipe for disaster.

A country as vast as Nigeria should be budget say $25B for it homeland security and National security, that i even consider low but it will work.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by nograv: 8:17pm On May 19, 2021
Buhari and his boys messed up this nation..

Particularly with their ethnic nepotism
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by WinterMinter(m): 8:17pm On May 19, 2021
And that's a fact
But what are we going to do to buhari and his companions like vulturebbqgrill?
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:19pm On May 19, 2021
Buhari second name is Uchu.... Badluck
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Biafranboys: 8:19pm On May 19, 2021
One nigeria igbo supporter, wait your eyes go clear soon
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 19, 2021
Channel your anger and blame to Them mamaBBQ aka dead grill/Vulture seller and others like him wey no gree say things had fallen apart.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 19, 2021
Channel your anger and blame to Them mamaBBQ aka dead grill/Vulture seller and others like him wey no gree say things had fallen apart.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by NengiWIDEtoto: 8:22pm On May 19, 2021
Well spoken.. The problem of Nigeria is the north. Death to all terrorists
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by benweezy: 8:23pm On May 19, 2021
APC govt brought us here!!
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by CSTRR: 8:23pm On May 19, 2021
The appropriate title should be "what the north has cost us".

Nigeria has far more tourism destinations than any country in west africa.
And a top 5 in Africa.

But all those are wasted now.

An average oyibo will not go to Obudu, or the ogbunike caves becasue he heard that there is bokoharam in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by SirRoberto(m): 8:26pm On May 19, 2021
I blame Desmond Elliot for this tongue
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by CSTRR: 8:28pm On May 19, 2021
In the early days of nairaland, we use to have pictures of oyibos holidaying in obudu mountains and enjoying life.

During the time of the donald duke and co.

And the obudu mountain race brings a lot of tourist.

Those days are gone now.

Banditry and bokoharam stigma has stained everybody.

As we speak, every of the 36 states is under travel advisory. That was not the case years ago.

While other countries are getting better and more mature, Nigeria is getting worse.

The minister of tourism was the same person fighting with jack dorsey on twitter.

Things don too spoil.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by blowjob: 8:29pm On May 19, 2021
GREED AND CORRUPT PRACTICES lipsrsealed
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by CSTRR: 8:31pm On May 19, 2021
Brazil has started planting cassava for export.

Australia has started planting cocoa in their tropical regions.

Others getting more mature, Nigeria degrading.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Acensionboss: 8:33pm On May 19, 2021
Blessade enjoy your fame...o.

Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Blessade: 8:35pm On May 19, 2021
Acensionboss:
Blessade enjoy your fame...o.
Abeg no make me laugh

Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by CSTRR: 8:37pm On May 19, 2021
Others getting better and better leadership, Nigeria getting progressively worse leadership with every election cycle.

I was watching a video of Benjamin Netanyahu as a 28 year old in America today on youtube.

You already know this one is a leader, long before he even became an elected prime minister. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

An MIT graduate of Economics.
You can't compare that with NEPA certificate leadership.
Leadership of vibes and body odour.

Abeg, let me go back to my CSS design jare.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 19, 2021
Nigeria problem is pretty simple if you look at it from a global perspective.
Colonial administrative officers fed their children the same unpatriotic unempathic emotions that got them to power (this set of people had been product of western slave traders, most of which had been in turn product of Arad slave trade). This children or their grandchildren inherited a new country and set out to govern in the ways of their forebears.

At first they were one or two in the system, but over time as more people see dishonesty unpatriotic and kleptomania tendencies paid off, more and more people became corrupt. Untill it reached its tipping point during yar'Adua's fiasco, now corruption and disregard for the masses or rule of law became the new normal, new justice and the new standard in all sector and section of the country.

The solution is pretty simple too, but hard to achieve. Have more regard for rule of law, be more patriotic, always remember the objective of your position and stick to it.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by justmondris: 8:44pm On May 19, 2021
richmond500:
They strategically ended SARS.
As bad as SARS was, they know how to disguise and infiltrate these boys, now SARS don end, yahoo don increase, insecurity don increase too, sane people are finding it difficult to survive.
Its better to be thought of as a yahoo or criminal and get harrased than to get killed by the real yahoo and criminals
Oga nor they bring up SAR matter jare. Na SAR your stupid government they spend billions of naira yearly on as military budget? SARS be then north and nor be north insecurity then pass for Nigeria?
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by CSTRR: 8:45pm On May 19, 2021
As it is right now, the worst people that should never be in politics are the favourites to become president in 2023.

A country that is already one of the worst habitats on earth in need of nearly super-human quality of leadership to even begin to right the terrible wrongs.

The UK ambassador to Nigeria, catriona liang, said today, that if the UK had even just one of Nigeria's many problems, it won't function well.

Our problems are deep, and thick.
But like a spell, Nigerians love to electing those that can't move the needle.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Olawalelead(m): 8:46pm On May 19, 2021
Frales6:
No be small thing
Honestly, no be small thing...
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Olawalelead(m): 8:49pm On May 19, 2021
NightFood:
No be lie, this na just wetin dey. Insecurity isn't just our problems, bad road and lack of power too, if no be for this Oraimo 10,000 mAh power bank pesin dey use how we go dey even fit operate phone sef
Lol. E reach like that for your area ? We'll surely get out of this as a Nation!!!
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Topmaike007(m): 8:55pm On May 19, 2021
ESN and Bokoharam thank you oo
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Parrot69: 9:08pm On May 19, 2021
The highest budget in military expenditure in Africa is Egypt, followed by SA. Then you talk about Algeria, Morocco, Lybia.. during the time of Ghadaffi etc.. FYI; these are countries that security is paramount.
Nigeria comes no closer to these countries.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by fubsy: 9:13pm On May 19, 2021
“So, let’s ask ourselves one question….’With all this heavy expenditure, why are the outcomes so poor?’.
Answer: In my opinion, I do not see sincerity in the fight against insecurity. I think someone or some people are cashing out big time. Our soldiers seem excited and battle ready to end insecurity yet I do not know why it has not ended. Come to think of it, what is the ministry of education doing to dissuade people from engaging in terrorism and banditry? What is the ministry of information doing to sensitize people against insecurity? I don't see any. What I see is partisanship, religious and tribal bigotry. Well, I thought the man at the top of the executive in Nigeria was sincere when in 2014-2015 he mouthed security as one of the legs of his administration's tripod (in addition to corruption and economy). But everything seems to be mere talk to win elections.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by Amos1423(m): 9:56pm On May 19, 2021
It is quite sad that at this point in time we keep having so called intellectuals who'd raise from criticism to government as the likes of Hadiza but when they get into power prove that activism isn't equal to expertiee.

If you are alienated to security issues around the world, you'd understand that most of the military artillery Nigeria gets are much more like old and expired ones which they keep complaining about after they've purchased it at lower cost so to pocket the rest of the cash which this equipment are abandoned war artillery from the world war by the Soviet Union as such when you put in consideration what Nigeria should be spending you'd realise that we haven't even gotten to where we ought to be in terms of security, imagine spending so much to rehabilitate the National assembly and paying those mafos in the assembly so much when infact such money could be diverted into our secuisec units, not until Nigerians get serious with issue of leadership 50 years to come, our children will keep talking trash about insecurity and the rest of it .
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by onuman: 10:57pm On May 19, 2021
The southern politicians until recently did not want to see the level of underdevelopment which the introduction of Islamic Sharia criminal justice system and its son, Boko Haram, had done to Nigeria.
Re: Insecurity: A Bone In Throat Of Development In Nigeria – Ikechukwu Anyaegbudike by chaloskyx: 11:08pm On May 19, 2021
BAD GOVERNANCE IS THE REAL PROBLEM OF NIGERIA NOT INSECURITY. INSECURITY EXISTS OF A RESULT OF BAD GOVENNANCE IN NIGERIA NO NEED TO DIVERT THE PROBLEM AWAY FROM THE CULPRITS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'How The FCID Kidnapped Me And Demanded N10 Million' / Photos Of 23 Human Trafficking Victims Rescued In Benue While Being Transported / Fatai Olalere Alli, Fake Native Doctor's Properties Forfeited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.