Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract (21096 Views)

MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation / Concerns Over Eastern Line Railway Contract / Non-existent Eser Contracting And Industry Company Was Awarded Railway Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by OYENIYIJK: 5:34am On May 20, 2021
smiley
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by chukwuibuipob: 5:34am On May 20, 2021
cool dem don connect my village with railway..Tenk U Amaechi wink

1 Like

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Kingspin(m): 5:36am On May 20, 2021
One thing about Nigeria I noticed is that the government especially the officials don't work to develop the country rather to embezzle and steal public fund.

The idea is if you want to eat money come up with one policy or project.
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 5:36am On May 20, 2021
Saao:
borrowed from China with alot of conditions including surrendering your sovereignty and the project must be given to Chinese company.

Stop buying into stupid propaganda about ''surrendering your sovereignty'' and all that garbage.

Nothing is being 'surrendered'. We are repaying the loans EASILY, and are getting infrastructure built that will transform the nation.

You have absolutely nothing to moan about.

Simply position yourself business-wise to take advantage of this new infrastructure and quit looking for whom to criticise and attack.

11 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by SmartPolician: 5:37am On May 20, 2021
Nice one, but the report is incomplete since the states weren't mentioned

1 Like

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 5:38am On May 20, 2021
Kingspin:
One about Nigeria I noticed is that the government don't worked to develop the country rather to embezzle and steal public fund.

You sound like you should be in an English class learning to communicate.

Focus on yourself before pointing at others.

6 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Kingspin(m): 5:39am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

Stop buying into stupid propaganda about ''surrendering your sovereignty'' and all that garbage.

Nothing is being 'surrendered'. We are repaying the loans EASILY, and are getting infrastructure built that will transform the nation.

Simply position yourself business-wise to take advantage if this new infrastructure and quit looking for whom to criticise and attack.

Which infrastructure is built? Where and how?

Name one successful project?

Within your village or Local government how far with the infrastructures? Any good news?

That's how they told some of you Bokoharam is gone and you jump up.
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Difrent: 5:41am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

As far as I'm seeing all this infrastructure being built, by which I mean tangible infrastructure like this, then it means things are changing somewhat. Let's be optimistic.

This rail line will generate serious business, and will lead to many more mansions in the East. Guaranteed. wink

What happens to biafra......hope one day when your brothers have vandalized all the railway track you will not start claiming marginalization again
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 5:42am On May 20, 2021

2 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by nwachinemel(m): 5:44am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

As far as I'm seeing all this infrastructure being built, by which I mean tangible infrastructure like this, then it means things are changing somewhat. Let's be optimistic.

This rail line will generate serious business, and will lead to many more mansions in the East. Guaranteed. wink

It takes at least 2years to complete a motorable bridge, 2nd Niger-bridge was awarded for over 6years now and still "uncompleted"

2 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by plaindealer: 5:44am On May 20, 2021
Kingspin:
Which infrastructure is built?

You must be from MARS.

4 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 5:45am On May 20, 2021
Difrent:

What happens to biafra......hope one day when your brothers have vandalized all the railway track you will not start claiming marginalization again

Why are you asking me about Biafra?

I'm a Nigerian, please.

6 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Kingkamal(m): 5:47am On May 20, 2021
It’s far better to deal with china than the so called west and Europe....

They’ll Give you loan and design a system that the money will not benefit
BSF:

Who actually provides oversight to ensure that Nigeria is paying a fair value for the Infrastructure Loan. In nations that are far less corrupt than Nigeria, it has been shown that the borrowing nation(African especially) pays too much for a similar infrastructure that would have cost less.

China's belt road initiative has come under heavy criticism in many nations around the world for which African nations are a major part. These loans are not negotiated on clear terms that are transparent & beneficial to the vulnerable recipient nations.

Loan for Infrastructure is good but at what price and to whose ultimate benefit/detriment?

https://www.theafricareport.com/81857/africas-debt-dance-with-china-in-creating-the-belt-road-initiative/

https://africacenter.org/spotlight/implications-for-africa-china-one-belt-one-road-strategy/

https://chinaafricaproject.com/student-xchange/why-chinas-belt-road-initiative-is-a-lot-like-a-rorschach-test/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/25/world/asia/china-sri-lanka-port.html

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/13/784084567/in-sri-lanka-chinas-building-spree-is-raising-questions-about-sovereignty

5 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 5:48am On May 20, 2021
nwachinemel:

It takes at least 2years to complete a motorable bridge, 2nd Niger-bridge was awarded for over 6years now and still "uncompleted"

Construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge was started in Sept 2018 by the Buhari administration, and the bridge is set for completion in 2022.

Whatever else was done before 2018, go and ask OBJ and Jonathan. It has nothing to do with the present govt.

11 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Kingspin(m): 5:48am On May 20, 2021
plaindealer:

You must be from MARS.

Bring the infrastructure let's see them.

They can easily deceive you not me.
6th year counting.... 40years gone.

The public are not smiling yet.
I don't know where you get your own smiling maybe from politicians.

The failure of Nigeria is real.

1 Like

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Cyoung4real(m): 5:51am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

It is called the Eastern corridor because it starts from PH and passes through Aba, Enugu, Onitsha, Middle Belt all the way up to Maiduguri.

The western corridor starts from Lagos through Abeokuta, Ibadan, Benin, all the way up to Kano.

Then there is the East-West Coastal Line coming up that connects Lagos to PH, Calabar, Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri, Umuahia etc.

It's a fully comprehensive high-speed network that is being set up.

The Nigerian railway system will be the pride of Africa when it's fully completed. cool

Vision 2050
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by plaindealer: 5:52am On May 20, 2021
Kingspin:

I don't even think you are a Nigerian.

8 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Kingspin(m): 5:52am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

You sound like you should be in an English class learning to communicate.

Focus on yourself before pointing at others.
You should have the courage to look yourself in the mirror.
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by MemoriesAndMe: 5:53am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:
This country get money sha. wink
This is from loans o.
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 5:53am On May 20, 2021
Kingspin:

INNOSON doesn't share your dark view of failure.

Neither does Ibeto Cement Group.

Or Air Peace, all successful Eastern enterprises.

They all believe in a united, strong Nigeria.

THEY lead the way, not you.

10 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by mamaafrik(m): 5:53am On May 20, 2021
Amaechi is a goon, we need Lagos _calabar than any other train route,the chicken that lays the Nigerian Golden egg is now being neglected for less economically viable region.
iGR ,oil revenue comes from the South but infrastructure and post are being given to the unproductive people.

We are playing with a rebellion,it has started in the east,Sw and SS are watching.

Do you need drum in lagos in large quantities,6k for metallic and 8k for plastic. check my signature.
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 5:54am On May 20, 2021
MemoriesAndMe:

This is from loans o.

Is the loan free money?

Don't you have to repay it?

Every country takes out loans dude.

3 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Difrent: 5:54am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

Why are you asking me about Biafra?

I'm a Nigerian, please.

Patriot.
Your inclusion of mansions springing up in iboland got me curious..... The future of Nigeria is bright ,all agitators can go jump in the Lagoon

7 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 5:56am On May 20, 2021
mamaafrik:
Amaechi is a goon, we need Lagos _calabar than any other train route,the chicken that lays the Nigerian Golden egg is now being neglected for less economically viable region.
iGR ,oil revenue comes from the South but infrastructure and post are being given to the unproductive people.

We are playing with a rebellion,it has started in the east,Sw and SS are watching.

You are ignorant. The trade volume between North and South is over 7 times more than the trade volume between East and West, so any rail network development plan must prioritise north-south links before anything else.

Not everything is about tribalism.

Sometimes try to think of other factors that could influence these project decisions.

9 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Kingspin(m): 5:57am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

INNOSON doesn't share your dark view of failure.

Neither does Ibeto Cement Group.

Or Air Peace, all successful Eastern enterprises.

They all believe in a united, strong Nigeria.

THEY lead the way, not you.
This one is talking like Garba Shehu, Buhari's spoke person. They ask you A you jump to ans B.
What name should I call you? Even the above names you listed, your government is working hard to bring them down.

Abeg free me.
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 6:00am On May 20, 2021
Kingspin:
This one is talking like Garba Shehu, Buhari's spoke person. They ask you A you jump to ans B.
What name should I call you? Even the above names you listed, your government is working hard to bring them down.

Abeg free me.

LIAR from hell, the Nigerian govt is the biggest patronizer of Innoson vehicles, and has given unwavering support to Air Peace and others.

Innoson even manufactures parts for Nigerian Airforce jets.

Your lies will get you nowhere.

10 Likes

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Kingspin(m): 6:01am On May 20, 2021
plaindealer:
I don't even think you are a Nigerian.
Nobody lives on false hope or patriotism anymore. It fact, reality or genuine development.
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Saao(m): 6:05am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

Simply position yourself business-wise to take advantage if this new infrastructure and quit looking for whom to criticise and attack.

you don't know anything, you simply typed based on your political affiliation not the love for the country. Every loans from China comes with a clause of surrendering your sovereignty incase you default. A simple economic question you should ask yourself, can the projects repay the loans? Why is the project giving to Chinese company or are they no competent Nigeria engineers company that can handle the job? Let's talk with facts not assumptions, I have seen two contracts document relating to Nigeria loan from China signed by our government officials and the two major points I made above formed part of the contractual agreement.

1 Like

Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:07am On May 20, 2021
Praxis758:
Nigeria is now being chinalised with debt, infrastructure and contract.

African countries with the most debt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXIdh9xETEs
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Ynix(m): 6:09am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:
This country get money sha. wink
you mean the money we borrowed from China under stringent condition
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Kingspin(m): 6:10am On May 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

LIAR from hell, the Nigerian govt is the biggest patronizer of Innoson vehicles, and has given unwavering support to Air Peace and others.

Innoson even manufactures parts for Nigerian Airforce jets.

Your lies will get you nowhere.
You should believe in history and records not Politicians.

Inasmuch, government patronised them, it didn't stop from muscling them too.
Re: China’s CCECC Secures $3.02 Billion Nigerian Eastern Railway Contract by Rossiminku: 6:12am On May 20, 2021
Saao:
you don't know anything, you simply typed based on your political affiliation not the love for the country. Every loans from China comes with a clause of surrendering your sovereignty incase you default.

Stop talking rubbish.

Surrendering WHAT sovereignty?

Show us the clause. Don't just shout and claim, and expect us to accept it.

A simple economic question you should ask yourself, can the projects repay the loans?

Why the hell should a high speed rail line connecting the north and south in Africa's largest economy, with a half a trillion dollar GDP, not be able to pay for itself?

Give me one good reason.

Do you know the volume of trade that goes on in Nigeria daily?

Do you have any idea the amount of cargo that will be transported between north and south on that line?

Why is the project giving to Chinese company or are they no competent Nigeria engineers company that can handle the job?

China offered the LOAN meaning the govt does not need to pay cash upfront for the project, which it would have had to do if it hired a local Nigerian firm, assuming we had one that could execute the project.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Umahi, Deputy Appeal Sack Ruling / War Without End Between Tinubu & Osinbajo Supporters / Tinubu Hosts US Secretary Of State, Blinken, At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.