Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves (4763 Views)

How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users / Iphone Users, How Do You Pay For Your Apple Music Subscription?? / Airtel Megapack Problems: Users Are Experiencing This, No Response From Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Dafungames: 11:26am On May 20, 2021
The man is so correct cheesy imagine buying music and not being able to download music.

The phone sucks. If I should get one tomorrow it's will be just for show...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Depressed101: 11:55am On May 20, 2021
meobizy:
[s]That’s why Zuckerberg’s WhatsApp is more relevant. What a foolish mindset.[/s]
when people who like making use of their brains are talking don't talk, you sound unintelligent

1 Like

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by AlllFather(m): 12:23pm On May 20, 2021
ForestHill:
If you can't afford it don't hate it.

Telegram CEO can't afford iPhone too, right?

8 Likes

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Lordpeckxy(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2021
It's true.
Although I use IPhone, am more of an Android person.
I develop apps for the both OS.
But over the years I have seen that IOS has found a way to capture their users, which you can call modern day slavery.
Not far from home, my cousin bro can't listen to music if it's not stream from Apple music

5 Likes

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by ForestHill: 1:52pm On May 20, 2021
AlllFather:

Telegram CEO can't afford iPhone too, right?
Post was directed to thread commenters
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by DrayZee: 2:00pm On May 20, 2021
OtunbaBlack:

iPhone invest massively and design and security and majority of folks uses the iPhone cause of this reasons. Take for instance it was after the iPhone X release that other phones went into full screen display with little or no bezel and then double cameras. In terms of security the iPhone Face ID remains unbreakable have seen several videos over YouTube where android phones the flagship ones are been opened with a 3D face of an individual. In as much as you would weigh the cons the pros are there. The iPhone 7 was released 2016 and is still relevant till today can you say the same for Samsung s6 or a tecno note of 2016?..
Very good. The phones are still relevant...obviously. It’s Apple, they make only solid phones. That notched display with little or no bezels & the dual camera setup were copied from Android. Obviously a lot more people followed that path after the iPhone took it up.
Apple’s Face ID is top notch, but you shouldn’t even be comparing it to Android’s Face unlock. Android manufacturers barely claim to use any special technology for their face unlock...most don’t even advertise it. There’s a reason companies like Samsung evolved to the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. If it’s security you’re worried about, that one covers well enough for it,
To your last question, Apple’s longevity for smartphone updates remains unbeaten. You’re just mentioning good qualities of the iPhone.
I mentioned how Apple has ensured that their iPhone’s still don’t have technology that is at least 5 years old now and you didn’t say anything about it.
You can love your iPhone and still admit that Apple is holding back on its customers. If they try this holding back with their iPads, Samsung will just finish them.

7 Likes

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by DrayZee: 2:02pm On May 20, 2021
Dafungames:
The man is so correct cheesy imagine buying music and not being able to download music.

You can also download on an iPhone. But try and buy or stream at least. Your favorite artists deserve something for their efforts.

2 Likes

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by emae009(m): 7:41pm On May 20, 2021
DrayZee:

Very good. The phones are still relevant...obviously. It’s Apple, they make only solid phones. That notched display with little or no bezels & the dual camera setup were copied from Android. Obviously a lot more people followed that path after the iPhone took it up.
Apple’s Face ID is top notch, but you shouldn’t even be comparing it to Android’s Face unlock. Android manufacturers barely claim to use any special technology for their face unlock...most don’t even advertise it. There’s a reason companies like Samsung evolved to the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. If it’s security you’re worried about, that one covers well enough for it,
To your last question, Apple’s longevity for smartphone updates remains unbeaten. You’re just mentioning good qualities of the iPhone.
I mentioned how Apple has ensured that their iPhone’s still don’t have technology that is at least 5 years old now and you didn’t say anything about it.
You can love your iPhone and still admit that Apple is holding back on its customers. If they try this holding back with their iPads, Samsung will just finish them.

Samsung are relevant in the smartphone business. When it comes to tablet and wireless earpiece, Android as a whole not just Samsung doesn't stand a chance against Apple.
What technology are they holding back really?
IOS doesn't require much memory to run unlike android that's heavy. Not a dig. Check real life test speed, for android to keep up, they have to increase the RAM.
Refresh rate? the 120Hz should have come with the Iphone 12 line up, but BOE couldn't produce LTPO screens that met Apple quality check. Running it on the normal screen with 5G enable with the low capacity battery in iPhone would be a disaster.
Large Battery? IPhone is designed to be slim and portable* that means there's not enough space left when you put in all the features on the phone. The space left is to disperse heat that comes with using the phone. Samsung Note 7 was famous for blowing up because they didn't leave enough space for the battery heat to disperse. So for such a small batter capacity and increased usage by users, Apple maintaining a good battery efficient that can last a whole day is impressive.

2 Likes

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by seanwilliam(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2021
DrayZee:

iPhones aren’t even that expensive fgs. 150k will get you an X or XR
What’s all this affordability talk about?

How many people can afford a new iPhone

Besides , how many people can afford uk used phone of 150k.. used phone o not new one.

3 Likes

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by seanwilliam(m): 8:50pm On May 20, 2021
Dafungames:

don’t u think your favorite artist
S deserve something from their efforts just like someone has said up there?
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Flamees(m): 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
OtunbaBlack:

iPhone invest massively and design and security and majority of folks uses the iPhone cause of this reasons. Take for instance it was after the iPhone X release that other phones went into full screen display with little or no bezel and then double cameras. In terms of security the iPhone Face ID remains unbreakable have seen several videos over YouTube where android phones the flagship ones are been opened with a 3D face of an individual. In as much as you would weigh the cons the pros are there. The iPhone 7 was released 2016 and is still relevant till today can you say the same for Samsung s6 or a tecno note of 2016?..

Even Apple's notch screen was used for ages on Android
even before the iPhone x

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by DrayZee: 10:40pm On May 20, 2021
emae009:

Samsung are relevant in the smartphone business. When it comes to tablet and wireless earpiece, Android as a whole not just Samsung doesn't stand a chance against Apple.
What technology are they holding back really?
IOS doesn't require much memory to run unlike android that's heavy. Not a dig. Check real life test speed, for android to keep up, they have to increase the RAM.
Refresh rate? the 120Hz should have come with the Iphone 12 line up, but BOE couldn't produce LTPO screens that met Apple quality check. Running it on the normal screen with 5G enable with the low capacity battery in iPhone would be a disaster.
Large Battery? IPhone is designed to be slim and portable* that means there's not enough space left when you put in all the features on the phone. The space left is to disperse heat that comes with using the phone. Samsung Note 7 was famous for blowing up because they didn't leave enough space for the battery heat to disperse. So for such a small batter capacity and increased usage by users, Apple maintaining a good battery efficient that can last a whole day is impressive.
You’re right...to an extent.
Androids that have excellent batteries are not less portable than iPhones. An extra 0.5-1mm thickness won’t make the phone unusable.
If it’s about battery, Samsung learnt from their mistake and created the Galaxy Note 9. A slim enough phone that had a solid battery, a stylus and headphone jack...it didn’t explode.
I like the excuse for the 120Hz. The iPhone 13 will confirm how true that is. But I know for sure that there’s no excuse for why iPhones shouldn’t be using Type-C connectors in this day and age. They have put it on both Mac’s and iPad’s (cause they don’t want to fall short of the competition), but they know that iPhone users don’t care about it anyway, so they hold back on it.
There are Androids that charge at 100W these days. The iPhone 12 charges at around 22W...and even that 22W charger, you have to buy it separately because it doesn’t come in the box. And price remained the same
Apple does the best for their pockets and gives the iPhone users just enough to get by, because they know the fan base will be there come rain or shine.
I will give Apple one thing...they still have the best user experience, even though they fall short of a lot of key features.

5 Likes

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by OtunbaBlack(m): 5:13am On May 21, 2021
Dafungames:

If it’s not that you’re a thief why would you want to download somebodies work without giving the person money for it?. You are a yahoo boy and Efcc should look into your matter. Streaming is the new way to life even for android users. And who said you can’t download music on the iPhone. You not using it makes you very ignorant bro. Not trying to insult you please don’t take it personal

1 Like

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by OtunbaBlack(m): 5:24am On May 21, 2021
DrayZee:

Androids that have excellent batteries are not less portable than iPhones. An extra 0.5-1mm thickness won’t make the phone unusable.
If it’s about battery, Samsung learnt from their mistake and created the Galaxy Note 9. A slim enough phone that had a solid battery, a stylus and headphone jack...it didn’t explode.
I like the excuse for the 120Hz. The iPhone 13 will confirm how true that is. But I know for sure that there’s no excuse for why iPhones shouldn’t be using Type-C connectors in this day and age. They have put it on both Mac’s and iPad’s (cause they don’t want to fall short of the competition), but they know that iPhone users don’t care about it anyway, so they hold back on it.
There are Androids that charge at 100W these days. The iPhone 12 charges at around 22W...and even that 22W charger, you have to buy it separately because it doesn’t come in the box. And price remained the same
Apple does the best for their pockets and gives the iPhone users just enough to get by, because they know the fan base will be there come rain or shine.
I will give Apple one thing...they still have the best user experience, even though they fall short of a lot of key features.

To be honest most of this app developers are only angry cause of the iOS 14 update. They can’t track our data as they normally would do. We all know just how easy it is to penetrate an Android device. Be it a Samsung or a tecno they are not just up there security wise when you browse online. In as much as the Android is an open software. No matter what they add or the design to pull out it can’t be safe. Everyone is trying to create there own OS. Don’t be surprised if few years from now Samsung releases it’s own OS.

1 Like

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by emae009(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2021
DrayZee:

The lightening cord is a proprietary accessory from Apple. Simple put Iphone won't have USB charger not because Apple can't put it there, they don't want to (design choice). To them it's one of the few things that's unique to their brand. In a technological world were the lines for product distinction has blurred that they are all basically the same now. Those little tiny things set them apart.
Fast charging degrades battery life more. Every Iphone that leaves the production line is mean to last as when bought for 5 years!
That luxury is not afforded to android OEMs, since they all use the same OS, everything they can do to stay ahead is needed.
Blackberry would have still been here if only they stuck to what made them unique and some design and software upgrade.
Immediately they start to reason like more of y'all and blurred the line between BlackBerry and Android, they no longer became unique and lost out completely.
That's what would happen to Apple or any other OS that isn't Android.

In a highly competitive market, you stick to what makes you unique while borrowing important assets from your competitors.

The "Apple does what's best for its pockets" line is something that have caught that I don't understand for the life of me how people would think that. Which competition that's publicly traded isn't out to make profit. Do you think people invest money in APPL because they have nothing to use the money for?? or are you saying Android OEMs don't make profit from their devices...
Periscope camera, 100x zoom, and all those little things, how often do you use it? that features I can confidently say don't get used 70%+ of the time. But it has to be there for Android OEM to differentiate them.
Let me put it this way, how can you sell Samsung to say a OnePlus user when they basically run the same OS and do almost the same thing. That's where all these extra features come in. Oh! Samsung Y has 100x zoom, OnePlus doesn't but it still takes nice photos and all that.
Google and Huawei tried to put in a face unlock that's equivalent to FaceID, but it was expensive to justify in an Android market.
Apple has just three things going for them, trust, privacy and security. People buy Apple because it just works.

1 Like

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by seanwilliam(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2021
emae009:

The lightening cord is a proprietary accessory from Apple. Simple put Iphone won't have USB charger not because Apple can't put it there, they don't want to (design choice). To them it's one of the few things that's unique to their brand. In a technological world were the lines for product distinction has blurred that they are all basically the same now. Those little tiny things set them apart.
Fast charging degrades battery life more. Every Iphone that leaves the production line is mean to last as when bought for 5 years!
That luxury is not afforded to android OEMs, since they all use the same OS, everything they can do to stay ahead is needed.
Blackberry would have still been here if only they stuck to what made them unique and some design and software upgrade.
Immediately they start to reason like more of y'all and blurred the line between BlackBerry and Android, they no longer became unique and lost out completely.

In a highly competitive market, you stick to what makes you unique while borrowing important assets from your competitors.

The "Apple does what's best for its pockets" line is something that have caught that I don't understand for the life of me how people would think that. Which competition that's publicly traded isn't out to make profit. Do you think people invest money in APPL because they have nothing to use the money for?? or are you saying Android OEMs don't make profit from their devices...
Periscope camera, 100x zoom, and all those little things, how often do you use it? that features I can confidently say don't get used 70%+ of the time. But it has to be there for Android OEM to differentiate them.
Let me put it this way, how can you sell Samsung to say a OnePlus user when they basically run the same OS and do almost the same thing. That's where all these extra features come in. Oh! Samsung Y has 100x zoom, OnePlus doesn't but it still takes nice photos and all that.
Google and Huawei tried to put in a face unlock that's equivalent to FaceID, but it was expensive to justify in an Android market.
Apple has just three things going for them, trust, privacy and security. People buy Apple because it just works.

If this write up is truly your handiwork then I doff my cap for u bro.. you’ve sAid everything on my mind.

Anyone that counters this doesn’t deserve a response from u

1 Like

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by DrayZee: 9:36am On May 21, 2021
emae009:

Good points made, especially your first sentence and the last two.
Your first sentence explains why Apple won’t change it yet. It’s not just a design choice.
They make money from basically any lightning cable sold anywhere, whether they manufactured it themselves or not, because it’s a legal requirement to obtain a license from Apple to sell lightning cables.
But this didn’t stop them from removing the lightning connector from the iPads...for a good reason.
As for Apple doing the best for its pockets, you seem to agree with the statement, so I don’t need to say more there.
Changing from lightning connector to Type-C isn’t going to reduce the number of people who buy iPhones. They either hold back or force feed the iPhone market with anything that’ll get them more money. And these decisions eventually trickle down to other brands, because everyone wants to make money too.
Note that I don’t have a problem with Apple. I’m typing this with an iPad Pro, the last phone I bought was an XS. But I’m not going to act like they’re holding back on the features for the good of their customers. I just stated that they’re doing the best for their pockets. I didn’t say there’s anything wrong with it (not for them anyway). They give their customers just enough to get by, until the next iPhone comes out.

1 Like

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Classickj(m): 9:54am On May 21, 2021
Adeyinka12:
It's very simple we all know Telegram consume alot of space and Iphone space get limitation which make people to boycott the app Telegram for whatsapp. though i'm adroid user but i still prefer whatsapp to Telegram.
My own telegram don't consume space
App size on my phone is 40mb
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Thecreatorx: 5:15am On May 22, 2021
temitope27:
Ok, thank God am not one of the slaves
Xiaomi1:
apple slave
Rareoil:

No use Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, oppo, Google pixel, Nokia
femi4:
Apple n slavery....they are like
sunshineV:
expecially those that buy uk used iphone and iphone 6 users. the chain around their neck is damn strong
Kessythegeek:
He's very correct though. grin grin It's only slaves who are confined to a certain amount of something. Let's take for instance — apple devices have no expandable storage... You see dem deleting stuffs here and there cheesy cheesy While Android users who are digital Lords doesn't know such limitation grin grin grin

Anyone interested in a free Jumia Voucher Code?

Use this: JMSTYLER

it gives you a 10% off when you buy anything on the Jumia App
sunshineV:
that's one of the slaves grin

Even poor Mumu wey no fit afford phone of 50k dey follow shout "slave" because a white man said it grin
Zombies in Nigeria form, tufia!! grin
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by walesho(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2021
Android or iPhone? It all depends on your preferences.

But for me its android, because of good file management efficiency, torrent usage and downloads, unlimited restrictions etc

1 Like

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Mobikay101(m): 11:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
No wonder Bill Gate said he can't use an Apple Phone.
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by NotBeenPaid: 2:52am On Jun 15, 2021
OtunbaBlack:

The first device with full screen display was "LG Prada" released in 2006 and then in 2014 "Sharp Aquos Crystal" was also released with a bezel-less display. Are you also aware that your glorified iOS has been copying almost all Android features for sometimes now? Even the iOS 15 has mostly Android features in it used about 3 years ago

In 2006 HTC TyTn was released without 3.5mm earphone jack.

1 Like

Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Breastfeed: 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
its not a crime to use TECNO or iTel na
OneCorner:
Lol. So we should start using Tecno or itel so we can be Digital Lords
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by tafat: 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
abi o, i wonder what crime TECNO users committed
Breastfeed:
its not a crime to use TECNO or iTel na
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Breastfeed: 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
tafat:
abi o, i wonder what crime TECNO users committed
the thing tire me, many of the people using TECNO are happy and very much enjoying their devices
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Sainthia: 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2021
Breastfeed:
the thing tire me, many of the people using TECNO are happy and very much enjoying their devices
and I'm one of the many
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Shuregirl: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
Breastfeed:
to my surprise, I'm enjoying my device
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Adasun(m): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
Telegram wey ban my number after resetting my phone.don't even know what to do.
Re: Telegram Founder Blasts Apple, Says Iphone Users Are Digital Slaves by Breastfeed: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2021
Shuregirl:
to my surprise, I'm enjoying my device
abi? Are you a TECNO user too?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Increases Recharge Cards Digits / Whatsapp Introduces New Features / Itel S33 (super Selfie)4 Specifications And Price In Nigeria, Kenya And India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.