Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

H. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / H. (6580 Views)

Abuja Rail Running Below 100km/h Because We Don’t Want To Kill Cows –amaechi / POLITICS2019: We Didn’t Step Down For Buhari – APC Presidential Aspirants Blow H / Ebonyi State Governor, H.E. David Umahi Meets Bukola Saraki At His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

H. by Admissionclass: 4:19am On May 20, 2021
I

13 Likes

Re: H. by Oxb90: 5:09am On May 20, 2021
They will come to agreement by time they realized others had left. Make them wait

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: H. by Difrent: 5:18am On May 20, 2021
Its fear of domination by major tribes thats making the minor tribes cautious . For example the idoma in benue don't know if one of them will ever become governor because of tiv domination . In neighbouring kogi, the igala will rather vote for an incompetent igala man than vote a bright candidate from say igbira, they claim that was how they suffered under the tiv when they were together in benue. it was providence that brought in Yahaya bello an igbira, YORUBAS in kogi don't know if they will ever produce governor.
Nassarawa state has over 40 ethnic groups, some local government contain more than a tribe . Bringing together all these small scattered minor tribes is a herculean task and I'm sure without their buy in all these secession agitations wil not suceed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: H. by Nobody: 5:25am On May 20, 2021
Admissionclass:
It may never happen,two regions with so many small ethnic groups with divided interest,tivi christian and a nupe muslim how can they unite on a common course,same with the niger delta groups a benin man and an ogoja man unite? What a task forget it they may be swallowed up in hegemony.
These two regions want resources control, all these region region agigate here there are dry land, somebody was quick to point at Lagos , I told him Lagos will be shadow of itself if Nigeria divide, Biafra and Odudua republic, which resources these people have ?they said human resources , very funny set of people, which human resource.?.. isn't the one that developed state website with 74 million naira?even as complex as bet9ja site is not up to 10 million but their own human resources used 74million for one small site, .... Make I rest my case face your region make I face my own.

3 Likes

Re: H. by SmartPolician: 5:56am On May 20, 2021
Admissionclass, people need to understand that you don't need to share a common language or religion to be in the same country.

Instead, you need common ideals predicated on justice, fairness and equity. Those are the very foundation of every country and not necessarily religion, tribe and other trivial things.

You rarely see a country where everyone speaks the same language or has the same religion.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: H. by Zionmdde: 6:08am On May 20, 2021
supportnija:

These two regions want resources control, all these region region agigate here there are dry land, somebody was quick to point at Lagos , I told him Lagos will be shadow of itself if Nigeria divide, Biafra and Odudua republic, which resources these people have ?they said human resources , very funny set of people, which human resource.?.. isn't the one that developed state website with 74 million naira?even as complex as bet9ja site is not up to 10 million but their own human resources used 74million for one small site, .... Make I rest my case face your region make I face my own.
U know nothing
East has the largest gas fields
And gas has more future prospects dan oil
Go and find out the real reason for AKK project

Most countries without resources are even doing way better dan Nigeria, so let d country be divided its nobody's business if one of d countries suffer. The Igbos I know are die hard hardworking people when they get committed in their own country I don't think any other country in Africa will see their back

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: H. by awgumayor: 6:37am On May 20, 2021
Zionmdde:

U know nothing

Most countries without resources are even doing way better dan Nigeria, so let d country be divided its nobody's business if one of d countries suffer. The Igbos I know are die hard hardworking people when they get committed in their own country I don't think any other country in Africa will see their back
Words. They always " frighten" with resources as if Igboland is empty. If oil and gas in se and those in Igbo speaking parts of ss are not enough let us suffer after all, that's is always their prayer.

17 Likes

Re: H. by Nobody: 6:52am On May 20, 2021
Zionmdde:

U know nothing

Hahahaha handworking you said , I pray you have your country , you have nothing...
Re: H. by EdoDefence: 7:01am On May 20, 2021
Admissionclass:
It may never happen,two regions with so many small ethnic groups with divided interest,tivi christian and a nupe muslim how can they unite on a common course,same with the niger delta groups a benin man and an ogoja man unite? What a task forget it they may be swallowed up in hegemony.

Worry about your military occupied region, when the Benin nation is ready, it won't be televised. Read the unadulterated Benin history and know how we reason.

Leave the Benin nation alone

2 Likes

Re: H. by gidgiddy: 7:17am On May 20, 2021
Admissionclass:

Agitating for a seperate country is not easy at all. You need cohesion, unifying factor and common ideology. These are things the so called Niger Delta and middle belt simply do not have. Niger Delta and Middle belt are mere geographical expressions.

Biafra means far more than a geographical expression to an Igbo man. Oduduwa means far more than a geographical area to a Yoruba man

So dont expect anyone in the Niger Delta or middle belt to agitate for a seperate country any time soon, they dont have what it takes. They have no cohesion, no unifying factor or common ideology. Niger Delta and middle belt remain mere geographical expressions.

19 Likes

Re: H. by Admissionclass: 7:23am On May 20, 2021
gidgiddy:

Agitating for a seperate country is not easy at all. You need cohesion, unifying factor and common ideology. These are things the so called Niger Delta and middle belt simply do not have. Niger Delta and Middle belt are mere geographical expressions.

Biafra means far more than a geographical expression to an Igbo man. Oduduwa means far more than a geographical area to a Yoruba man

So dont expect anyone in the Niger Delta or middle belt to agitate for a seperate country any time soon, they dont have what it takes. They have no cohesion, no unifying factor or common ideology. Niger Delta and middle belt remain mere geographical expressions.
Exactly what i am saying,they will eventually be shared amongs the three,i see idomas and tivs aligning with igbos for safety. when that time comes.

7 Likes

Re: H. by Admissionclass: 7:27am On May 20, 2021
SmartPolician:
Admissionclass, people need to understand that you don't need to share a common language or religion to be in the same country.

Instead, you need common ideals predicated on justice, fairness and equity. Those are the very foundation of every country and not necessarily religion, tribe and other trivial things.

You rarely see a country where everyone speaks the same language or has the same religion.
Multiethnic nations dont work unless there is a bigger ethnic group to contain the smaller ones like ghana for example.

1 Like

Re: H. by SmartPolician: 7:34am On May 20, 2021
Admissionclass:

Multiethnic nations dont work unless there is a bigger ethnic group to contain the smaller ones like ghana for example.

Huncle, I can't be arguing with you.

I have stated what makes countries great.

That's why Prof Osinbajo always talks about those three words.
Re: H. by EdoDefence: 7:37am On May 20, 2021
Admissionclass:

Lol clown, better stay off Ẹdo you can marginalize the others if they choose. Nonsense you literally saying unless there is a larger tribe to lord over the minorites.

1 Like

Re: H. by perez100: 7:38am On May 20, 2021
What is Igbo getting in today's Nigeria that will be lost if Nigeria breaks tomorrow? If Nigeria breaks, we will have our own seaports, and oil companies will have their headquarters in Igboland and our people will be
gainfully employed. There are a lot of things that will be gained which we are losing in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: H. by Nobody: 7:47am On May 20, 2021
supportnija:

Which resources does niger Delta have 2 million barrels of oil per day with a production cost of $27 ? Thats a maximum of $25 billion dollars revenue a year which is relatively nothing if u look at it well

Effective banking tax from Yorubas and Igbos would bit that in a year , ...the ict industry would generate half of that in a year and over #100 billion dollars when fully matured

Don't want to even talk about fashion , music Industry

The way u guys think about this oil shows u are not smart honestly

Effective taxing in Nigeria would religate oil revenue but leaders know the implications of that

16 Likes

Re: H. by EdoDefence: 7:52am On May 20, 2021
Igbochief001:

Which resources does niger Delta have 2 million barrels of oil per day with a production cost of $27 ? Thats a maximum of $25 billion dollars revenue a year which is relatively nothing if u look at it well

Effective banking tax from Yorubas and Igbos would bit that in a year , ...the ict industry would generate half of that in a year and over #100 billion dollars when fully matured

Effective taxing in Nigeria would religate oil revenue but leaders know the implications of that

So you think Niger Delta will also not implement effective tax? ICT industry?

Look let's face reality, a country without natural resources cannot compete with those that have natural resources. If you're taxing your citizens it would be based on the minimum wage in the country and definitely ND will have a higher income and more foreign investors

4 Likes

Re: H. by Nobody: 8:09am On May 20, 2021
Igbochief001:

All this thing listed above ,Niger Delta can do them plus their oil, note, if Nigeria is divide most of the things you listed above become small, Yoruba with their six states, igbo with their five states, North Central with their six states , south south with their states North West and north east with their own, Zenith bank, UBA will definitely relocate to their south south,Fidelity Bank , access may be relocated to east, unity bank may relocate to north, all your analysis above is too insignificant to any development, port authority in Lagos will only be patronize by YORUBA, I WANT THE COUNTRY DIVIDE So that we can know the value of each other. Note, we have common boundary, the may not be peace,

2 Likes

Re: H. by Nobody: 9:00am On May 20, 2021
supportnija:

All this thing listed above ,Niger Delta can do them plus their oil, note, if Nigeria is divide most of the things you listed above become small, Yoruba with their six states, igbo with their five states, North Central with their six states , south south with their states North West and north east with their own, Zenith bank, UBA will definitely relocate to their south south,Fidelity Bank , access may be relocated to east, unity bank may relocate to north, all your analysis above is too insignificant to any development, port authority in Lagos will only be patronize by YORUBA, I WANT THE COUNTRY DIVIDE So that we can know the value of each other. Note, we have common boundary, the may not be peace,
U really think Igbos in delta ,rivers and the rest would want to join niger Delta republic where ijaw would be majority ?

Talk another thing

Even today aba and onitsha supplies most niger Delta with basic goods n services ....there are things call comparative advantage

13 Likes

Re: H. by Nobody: 9:04am On May 20, 2021
EdoDefence:

So you think Niger Delta will also not implement effective tax? ICT industry?

Look let's face reality, a country without natural resources cannot compete with those that have natural resources. If you're taxing your citizens it would be based on the minimum wage in the country and definitely ND will have a higher income and more foreign investors
Japan has no resources sir ...it's the most advanced county on earth

U don't tax based on minimum wage u tax based on productivity

And who even said south east doesn't have resources ? ...take a look at Nigeria oil map
Come back then re write what u wrote

But we Igbos resources is not our think , we believe in human capital because that's the area we have comparative advantage .

10 Likes

Re: H. by OfoIgbo: 9:14am On May 20, 2021
supportnija:

Igbo speaking areas of the SS will go with their SE brothers, so I don't know why you are adding certain banks to the SS column.
Tony Elumelu and co will ride with their fellow Igbo-speaking easterners.

10 Likes

Re: H. by EdoDefence: 9:16am On May 20, 2021
Igbochief001:

Japan has no resources sir ...it's the most advanced county on earth

U don't tax based on minimum wage u tax based on productivity

And who even said south east doesn't have resources ? ...take a look at Nigeria oil map
Come back then re write what u wrote

But we Igbos resources is not our think , we believe in human capital because that's the area we have comparative advantage .

Your resources isn't much and cannot be compared to the resources in SS region.

Japan you mentioned was an imperial powers that stole from China and other nations it conquered before it's defeat in WW2. They already had stored up cash which SE lacks.

Japan you mentioned is an Island nation that has access to sea which SE/Alaigbo lacks

4 Likes

Re: H. by Olatomiwami(m): 9:22am On May 20, 2021
supportnija:

Your last sentence could have been better than your initial myopic statement, what do u know abt SW? Face your region as u said.

2 Likes

Re: H. by Jesuschristus: 9:29am On May 20, 2021
Even if Nigeria should divide, minority tribes will start their own marginalization noise
Re: H. by Zionmdde: 9:34am On May 20, 2021
supportnija:

Hahahaha handworking you said , I pray you have your country , you have nothing...
Said someone who knows absolutely nothing
Yes No tribe in Africa are more hardworking than Igbos. U can choke on dat

8 Likes

Re: H. by Zionmdde: 9:40am On May 20, 2021
EdoDefence:

Japan you mentioned was an imperial powers that stole from China and other nations it conquered before it's defeat in WW2. They already had stored up cash which SE lacks.

Japan you mentioned is an Island nation that has access to sea which SE/Alaigbo lacks
SE lacks access to the sea?. And u didn't even care to do ur research a little before opening ur mouth

For ur info SE has more natural gas than SS
And Natural gas is the future of d petroleum industry. Moreover without a single natural resource, countries flourish

I wonder if Niger delta has more oil dan Venezuela, yet that country is in ruins. A country needs its people to develop and not even any natural resources

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: H. by Nobody: 9:40am On May 20, 2021
EdoDefence:

Japan did what ? Resources is not a guarantee for success

Human resources is the most important resources and being innovative that is even u know Igbos don't lack

We have rivers flowing to the seas and any attempt.stoping ships coming into south east is simply a war actions and we would respond as such ....it's no big deal ...we have rivers that connect us to the oceans for closer to the sea than port Harcourt port and warri ports

Relax u hear ...igbos would be fine .. nothing can be worse than what nigerian has done to us

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: H. by JonDon12: 9:51am On May 20, 2021
Admissionclass:

Astute
Re: H. by EdoDefence: 10:36am On May 20, 2021
Igbochief001:

Japan did what ? Resources is not a guarantee for success

Human resources is the most important resources and being innovative that is even u know Igbos don't lack

We have rivers flowing to the seas and any attempt.stoping ships coming into south east is simply a war actions and we would respond as such ....it's no big deal ...we have rivers that connect us to the oceans for closer to the sea than port Harcourt port and warri ports

Relax u hear ...igbos would be fine .. nothing can be worse than what nigerian has done to us

All this warmongering is nonsense, Switzerland is landlocked but has made deals with countries around so it can use the rivers to access the sea.

If you want war war it is, no one is scared of war am as blood thirsty as you are

Above all, diplomacy is the best and not war

2 Likes

Re: H. by Nobody: 11:02am On May 20, 2021
EdoDefence:

All this warmongering is nonsense, Switzerland is landlocked but has made deals with countries around so it can use the rivers to access the sea.

If you want war war it is, no one is scared of war am as blood thirsty as you are

Above all, diplomacy is the best and not war
What diplomacy are u talking about ...u want Igbos to beg you to allow ships come to our ports ? U are not serious

I know for a fact no niger Deltan hate Igbos that much to block ships coming to our inland port

But if they do then it means war simple

5 Likes

Re: H. by EdoDefence: 11:32am On May 20, 2021
Igbochief001:

What diplomacy are u talking about ...u want Igbos to beg you to allow ships come to our ports ? U are not serious

I know for a fact no niger Deltan hate Igbos that much to block ships coming to our inland port

But if they do then it means war simple

Fine war it is, this is a faceless forum, you don't know who's who. You might just be threatening a stakeholder.

Anyways I envisage and wish for that war because you lots are so rude and must be tamed

2 Likes

Re: H. by Nobody: 11:41am On May 20, 2021
EdoDefence:

Fine war it is, this is a faceless forum, you don't know who's who. You might just be threatening a stakeholder.

Anyways I envisage and wish for that war because you lots are so rude and must be tamed
Lol ...block the ships when they come una hear ?

Firstly self what connects edo that's landlocked like igbos to be talking about rivers that u have no connection with even

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Speaker Abbas Sad Over Death Of 104 In Kwara Boat Mishap / Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo / Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.