Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them (2957 Views)

We Followed Due Diligence In Executing Drug Trafficker Kudirat Afolabi - Saudi E / Boko Haram Releases Video Of Them Executing 5 Nigerian Soldiers In Borno State / Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Nobody: 10:49am On May 20, 2021
I was watching a clip on youtube about a particular terrorist sect. I notice that they blindfolded all of the people waiting on the line to be executed. They covered all of their head to their neck while some just their eyes. WHY IS LIKE THAT?
Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:00am On May 20, 2021
remorse

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Anieke39(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2021
For vengeance in afterlife

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 20, 2021
It is mainly to make the job of the guy pulling the trigger{the executioner} easier.

One of those psychological things... once the executioner cannot see the eyes of the victim, it sort of dehumanises the victim to a large extent and makes it easier for the executioner to pull the trigger.

I hope my explanation is lucid/clear enough.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 20, 2021
Anieke39:
For vengeance in afterlife
I don't understand sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by gistray: 12:08pm On May 20, 2021
So the person won't laser u with their eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by UDUJ(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2021
Doradorwa:
I was watching a clip on youtube about a particular terrorist sect. I notice that they blindfolded all of the people waiting on the line to be executed. They covered all of their head to their neck while some just their eyes. WHY IS LIKE THAT?

I think it's to help the person being executed save some of his dignity so he (or she) doesn't flinch/panic/cry/defacate/piss at the moment immediately before death (i.e. they don't know the exact moment it will happen).

Also it's harder to kill someone when you look him/her in the eye.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 20, 2021
UDUJ:

I think it's to help the person being executed save some of his dignity so he (or she) doesn't flinch/panic/cry/defacate/piss at the moment immediately before death (i.e. they don't know the exact moment it will happen).

I think you've said it all sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Jessepaid(m): 12:16pm On May 20, 2021
mansakhalifa:
It is mainly to make the job of the guy pulling the trigger{the executioner} easier.

One of those psychological things... once the executioner cannot see the eyes of the victim, it sort of dehumanises the victim to a large extent and makes it easier for the executioner to pull the trigger.

Hehehe...

The look of death is not an easy one...

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by gambia(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2021
Looking someone in the eye while you are aiming a weapon at them is sufficient to make many people hesitate or not fire their weapon at all, so most times it makes the work of the executioner easier. On some occasions, people have requested not to have their eyes blindfolded.

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Anieke39(m): 1:52pm On May 20, 2021
Doradorwa:
I don't understand sir.
so that those executed can't recognise them in the next world

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 20, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF U GUYS SAYING.

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by CheedyJ(m): 4:03pm On May 20, 2021
So that d ghost of d executed won’t see d face of d executioner & start chasing him with cutlass every night.. shey u get

4 Likes

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by rowland545(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2021
CheedyJ:
So that d ghost of d executed won’t see d face of d executioner & start chasing him with cutlass every night.. shey u get
this guy said it all....listen to this guy he's d wisest person on this forum cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by amuwo1980: 5:29pm On May 20, 2021
Ask Ngeneukwunnnnnnn and bubu because they will surely experience it soon

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Fuckyoumod: 5:50pm On May 20, 2021
CheedyJ:
you are bustling with wisdom and understanding.
You go sabi book well well for school kai....

Abeg where you from bro?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by ifytrik(m): 5:58pm On May 20, 2021
This is the answer to quastion, 100% correct.
UDUJ:

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by walyx(m): 7:07pm On May 20, 2021
UDUJ:

point well made
Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Jazzman01: 7:23pm On May 20, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Not all of them are blindfolded. I watched one some years ago where the victim was executed by firing squad at the Popular Lagos bar beach. You could see the agony on his face as the Army fired their lethal shots at him. To make matters worse, the commander deliberately delayed the rounds maybe to prolong the suffering. The man took about 3 rounds before giving up the ghost. It was a terrible sight to behold. Memories of the scene still Hunt me till this day.

cc: doradorwa

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 20, 2021
Jazzman01:

Not all of them are blindfolded. I watched one some years ago where the victim was executed by firing squad at the Popular Lagos bar beach. You could see the agony on his face as the Army fired their lethal shots at him. To make matters worse, the commander deliberately delayed the rounds maybe to prolong the suffering. The man took about 3 rounds before giving up the ghost. It was a terrible sight to behold. Memories of the scene still Hunt me till this day.

Maybe the person who was executed was a mindless criminal... I'm trying hard to picture those scene in my head. It's horrible. It's just like when you want to punish a child, immediately you look into their eyes you'll feel remorse.
Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 20, 2021
Jazzman01:

Well, I had to answer her question specifically as to why blindfolds might have been required in the scenarios she saw on TV(or wherever that is).

And yeah, you have a point for sure, if I remember correctly, Dimka and his cohorts were not blindfolded on their day.

It all depends on a whole lot of factors at the end of the day.
Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by paulolee(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2021
me I dnt know o bt i think m learning about some answers given..
Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by davillian(m): 11:38pm On May 20, 2021
mansakhalifa:

But in Nigeria they don't cover face before execution o...
I remember when they execute people at bar beach....
Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by davillian(m): 11:43pm On May 20, 2021
UDUJ:

Yeah you right
They don't know when the bullet is coming.....
But during open execution in Nigeria they don't blind fold anybody o....
You go see criminals crying , panicking, screaming I'm innocent but wetin concern soldier way don collect order... grin.
But me o I can only kill when it's a matter of life and death...
Re: Why Do They Blindfold People Before Executing Them by femi4: 6:15am On May 21, 2021
Doradorwa:
So that the executor don't have a second thought

(1) (Reply)

Residents Flee As Cultists Kill Popular Area Boy, Tommy In Abeokuta / Mother Stabs 8 Month Old Baby 90 Times For Biting Her Nipples / Cultists Behead A Bricklayer In Edo State (Very Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.