Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP (21096 Views)

Indigenes Are Inviting Herdsmen From Niger – Benue Governor, Hyacinth Alia / Is This Evidence That Buhari Is Rooting For Rotimi Amaechi? (photos) / Sulaimon Olooru: Police Are Clueless About Handling Killer Fulani Herders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by pacespot(m): 7:26am On May 21, 2021
So governors will use state police to fight political opponents but the president cannot use police to fight opposition too? I stop seeing these northerners as rational thinkers when a whole AGF compared banning of open grazing to banning of spare parts selling. Their problem with this state police is that they want to take guns away from the hands of southerners as far as possible so as to use their Fulani's foot soldiers and terrorists to kill and conquer the region. You see that they often frown on any idea of southerners carrying arms, look at how many ramblings by Miyetti Allah when the south west governors proposed the amotekun. These Fulani's are a ticking time bomb for the rest of this country, we need to decentralize the military too as soon as possible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by fasterwell(m): 7:26am On May 21, 2021
Why is it that anything which will prevent the North from being in control of all US states is seen as anarchy?

It is no longer news that northerners are in charge of Nigerian security agencies and constitute over 70% are the security agents across the country and this is why the call for state police is being described as a call of anarchy by the inspector general of police

1 Like

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by zeyt: 7:27am On May 21, 2021
State police in Nigeria. Could you imagine!
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Aufbauh(m): 7:28am On May 21, 2021
MAGG0T:

When u are done crying, go sip your usual cow urine ..bye!

Go to my profile and check who you're talking to. I don't blame some of you guys cus hunger and frustration can trigger insanity.
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by SmartPolician: 7:29am On May 21, 2021
PissfulProtester:
To comment easy, na to think be the problem. Reason wetin him talk first before you spread your dirty boxers for public

All of those clamouring for state police changed the song during the clash between el-rufai and Waba. Not in anyway in support of any one of them but if say you get sense, that will give you an idea of what state police will bring... especially when you have the likes of Wike as the state C in C

Oga, drop that argument because it's annoying. Nigeria can run a state police effectively.

What the country needs is a federal regulatory agency like the police service commission that keeps close tabs on what the state government does with its police.

If the state government starts using the police for his selfish reason, the commission will step in and take over the police until the yeye governor is out of office.

Running a country is no rocket science; the problem of Nigeria is that it's home to many people who cannot think out of the box.

Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by SLAP44: 7:31am On May 21, 2021
ogwuche4u:

Have you ever considered state police in the hands of these following state governors?
Kaduna
Rivers
Kogi
Benue
Abia
Edo and so many other states.
With state police, do you think it will be easy to unseat and incumbent governor?
It's going to be chaos and anarchy.
Just look at the current happenings in kaduna. State police will only but be a tool for intimidation and oppression against political opponents, labour unions and so many other things. Have a rethink about your stand.

If you have a little sense, then unseating the governor will not be as important as losing thousands of your citizens to avoidable issues like armed invasion of northerners into southern states to kill people with the excuse of cow herding.

1 Like

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by MAGG0T(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2021
Aufbauh:

Go to my profile and check who you're talking to. I don't blame some of you guys cus hunger and frustration can trigger insanity.

cheesy ..I don't need to go to your profile, u are just a slave, ass licking his pay masters...bye kid!
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by ensamy(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2021
Zombie IGP in a zoo nation. Nothing good comes from this Northerner.
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by ogwuche4u(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2021
SLAP44:

If you have a little sense, then unseating the governor will not be as important as losing thousands of your citizens to avoidable issues like armed invasion of northerners into southern states to kill people with the excuse of cow herding.

I thought you can be reasonable. I never knew you were just an immature being with low IQ.
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by wink2015(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2021
HE IS SPEAKING THE MESSAGES BUHARI LIKES TO HEAR.

The north is spoiling for a crisis situation with the south.

Southern governors and their middlebelt counterpart should ignore Buhari and his northern elites and continue to unite until they get their desire achieved.
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by NaMe4: 7:34am On May 21, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
you have a point, but I don't trust this governors with state police! Imagine a hell-rufai with state police.. All his opponents will hear am. Our politicians always abuse power!

That's why the concept of restructuring would have to be done holistically, whereby, backed by a reveiwed constitution, the process of electing public office holders would reflect the true choice of the people (electioneering reforms), and the various arms of government would be independent and guided strictly by the reviewed constitution.
With that in place, a governor would not make certain decisions without being passed through the State HOA.
In such a system the commissioners eg commissioner of police would be answerable to everyone in the State(represented by HOA) rather than the governor.

3 Likes

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by zoedew: 7:35am On May 21, 2021
Will you be deathly quiet! What have you successfully done about insecurity in the country?
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by SLAP44: 7:36am On May 21, 2021
ogwuche4u:

I thought you can be reasonable. I never knew you were just an immature being with low IQ.

You must be a northerner? grin
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Nobody: 7:36am On May 21, 2021
What a tool
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by tosinet(m): 7:36am On May 21, 2021
So if the IGP sees that the governors' aim for the request for state police is to tackle their political opponents, shouldn't he rather with his knowledge of best practices around the world in the setting up of state/local govt/community police structures be suggested and proposed?

Case studies of best policing structures will show how to successfully set it up in such a way it will eliminate the possibility of abuse.
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by GodisFirst: 7:39am On May 21, 2021
I don't expect the contrary from him.
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Cburke(m): 7:39am On May 21, 2021
I am not understanding anymore..

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by bolabadmus38: 7:39am On May 21, 2021
State police is not our problem rather we give the present police system necessary supports. I quite agree that the state police can easily be compromised or influenced by the any incumbent Governor.Thr NATIONAL ORIENTAION AGENCY should do more in churnning out jingles on every media to sensitize people on how we can live together peacefully.
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Idiko1: 7:41am On May 21, 2021
I am not only thinking of state police but national guard. Each State should have guardsmen. It is better to raise a child than to repair a broken man. Nigeria is a broken man that cannot be repaired.
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Kay25(m): 7:42am On May 21, 2021
PissfulProtester:
To comment easy, na to think be the problem. Reason wetin him talk first before you spread your dirty boxers for public

All of those clamouring for state police changed the song during the clash between el-rufai and Waba. Not in anyway in support of any one of them but if say you get sense, that will give you an idea of what state police will bring... especially when you have the likes of Wike as the state C in C
is there really difference do they also not use federal might with the police?
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by obyrich(m): 7:42am On May 21, 2021
Mr IGP,
What anarchy is worse than what we have now under your supervision?

1 Like

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Raph82(m): 7:43am On May 21, 2021
PissfulProtester:

If u mount on this reason to justify cancellation of state police, then u're not getting it. No system is perfect at its initial stage, u work on the negative sides to make it suit ur taste. State policing system is what we need now, a step into full restructuring. If other countries can be using it and they're successful, Nigeria can not be an exception.

1 Like

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by UncleKoboko: 7:44am On May 21, 2021
MAGG0T:
cheesy not really interested in reading what ever gibberish he had to say

All this illiterate northerners who are just in the helm of power are the ones causing problem to this once great nation

Had it been some zombies voted competent leaders into power, there would be nothing like Biafra and Oduduwa nations agitation...

As it stands now many have lost hope in one Nigeria including my self
This no going back.
We can't continue to entertain this parasitic relationship.

Buharī's nepotistic government's days are numbered.

IT will never be well with ONE-NIGERIA.

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by dozern(m): 7:44am On May 21, 2021
Who ever that is against the quest for state police is benefiting from this current nepotism. Who with a reasonable brain will oppose the state police. Don't just pick up one disadvantage and over look the numberuos advantages. Haba

1 Like

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Nobody: 7:45am On May 21, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
you have a point, but I don't trust this governors with state police! Imagine a hell-rufai with state police.. All his opponents will hear am. Our politicians always abuse power!
Is it compulsory state police should be under a state Governor?
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Thinktwicemybro: 7:46am On May 21, 2021
You see Fulani mentality? This cows don't want to restructure this country. This is why I don't blame those clamouring for succession, violently or peacefully because Pharos will never use him mind to let the people go.

1 Like

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by pickatyouu: 7:46am On May 21, 2021
We never dey the anarchy already

1 Like

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by phill63(m): 7:47am On May 21, 2021
But truth be told, 9ja don cast! In saner clime, state police have defined limit of operation and where they stopped federal agents starts from there.

Other security units should be formed that will oversee the states police operation. These things are already known by our so called leaders but they're beating around the bush because of selfish interests sad sad
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by WelcomeToBiafra: 7:48am On May 21, 2021
No surprise, because Fulani terrorist police, army and others terrorist in government uniforms; are representing their Fulani agendas.

Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by Cancelling: 7:50am On May 21, 2021
[s]
Resurrection212:
I don't support state police too because some governor are really wicked.
[/s]
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by babyfaceafrica: 7:51am On May 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Is it compulsory state police should be under a state Governor?
they will be under who?
Re: Governors Rooting For State Police Are Inviting Anarchy – IGP by babyfaceafrica: 7:52am On May 21, 2021
NaMe4:

That's why the concept of restructuring would have to be done holistically, whereby, backed by a reveiwed constitution, the process of electing public office holders would reflect the true choice of the people (electioneering reforms), and the various arms of government would be independent and guided strictly by the reviewed constitution.
With that in place, a governor would not make certain decisions without being passed through the State HOA.
In such a system the commissioners eg commissioner of police would be answerable to everyone in the State(represented by HOA) rather than the governor.
great point.. If certain things aren't put in place, state police would be another problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Impeachment: Police Beef Up Security In Ekiti / Biafra: Show Evidence Of Your Project In Southeast – Omirhobo Challenges Gowon / #FuelScarcity Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.