Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre (33129 Views)

Reconsider Position On N385 Pump Price, Senator Gershom Bassey Warns Govs / Shiite Muslims Arrested With Petrol Bombs, Hard Drugs. Photos / BREAKING: Senate Approves N234.51bn For INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by olowo1930: 11:42am On May 21, 2021
The country of the blind, God shall judge. Poverty increases at alarming rate and death rate increases @ geometrical rate . them revolution is mere knocking , APC next Hummmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Sonoyom(m): 11:43am On May 21, 2021
Sai Barbar!
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by PAWG(m): 11:44am On May 21, 2021
I liter = 1 dollar
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Brunicekid(m): 11:44am On May 21, 2021
Honestly, we don't have human beings as government... They are from another planet... They don't reason like normal human beings!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by FarahAideed: 11:45am On May 21, 2021
It can't even work ..As mad as Buhari is he can't even try that
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by hibeebeeking: 11:46am On May 21, 2021
For which country? Another subsidy strike is looming. They better not try it.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by PussyKing(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2021
please come oo grin grin

Our darling daddy has done so well
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by akosh005: 11:46am On May 21, 2021
Kccheechy:
God, make way for your children.. How can we be buying 10litres of petrol for 4k??
Not only that price of garri will be the best food for the rich. Rice will be eaten once a week. People go trek

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by goldman777: 11:50am On May 21, 2021
The government wants to deliberately set this country on fire what kind of game is APC playing
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Nobody: 11:50am On May 21, 2021
In 2012, Nigerians were told that subsidy has to go. Nigerians protested, rioted, and the subsidy was brought back under a different name.

Now, we are at the point where we have no choice because

1.We are losing billions to smuggling of cheap fuel

2.We have virtually limited investment in new refienreis because no one is going to come and build refinereis with price controls so low

3.We are running out of spare cash to keep fuel prices low. Oil is not as high as it used to be

4.We don't have a high tax to gdp ratio to pay for subsidies

So, inasmuch as I don't like APC, and think they have failed...it is time we said goodbye to subsidy.

Or we keep on taking loans and more loans to make up for the money lost for paying subsides.

And look, we can remove Buhari tomorrow.,....we can bring back GEJ, we can split the country, we can do whatever...but it still does not change the fact that we cannot keep on subsidisng fuel, or lying to ourselves by partially removing subsidy and bringing it back when prices rise.

All our neighbours, including the oil producers pay higher

Time we faced reality.

P.S If you abuse me, I report you to the mods. And any questions will be met with the response: Go and read about subsidy and why it is bad...and also 'How should we fund a subsidy'. I have supported subsidy removal since 2012. And I think it is high time we woke up to the fact.

Again any abuse will be reported to the mods.

PS.2 By abuse, I do not mean that you cannot disagree with me...but please do so politely. But any name calling, or personal insults without addresing the facts would be reported. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by eseelvis: 11:51am On May 21, 2021
we still have 2 years 2go in this administration God will surely see his children true. if subsidy is removed the money will be looted is it not better they leave the subsidy, so that every citizen we'll be having Little shall whenever they buy petrol , na waar

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by advanceDNA: 11:53am On May 21, 2021
WalkerMichael:
u mean Nigerians would start to buy petrol for 385naira per litre soon?

It’s a negotiation strategy...
They know they are bringing it to 250
So they’ll first throw out an absurd figure like 385
They will now let NLC look good by allowing them protest....make them self look good that they listened to our cries ... then bring it down to 250....

3 months later ...they will remove subsidy again...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by emmnprince(m): 11:54am On May 21, 2021
houseontherock:
After settling their family members, girlfriends and Political touts, I wonder where they expect
the rest of us to get the money to fuel our cars and generators. Even the BMC will regret supporting this bad luck government. It's getting to the point where the poor will start eating the rich

Local man just dey weep for the poor masses in advance!

When fuel price go up by x2+, expect all other commodities, products and services to follow suit. Inflation dey im last stage of doing press up. More kidnappings, robberies, thefts, corruption and vices loading well.

And someone will be there pressing him keypad dey shout our darling president . .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by somehow: 11:55am On May 21, 2021
hybrid77:
I'm so happy that Nigerians (not APC or PDP SUPPORTERS grin) will pay almost 400 naira per litre..

So the wailers and zombies, who spend all their time fighting for their Candidates here on nairaland, will end up paying as much as N4000 for 10 litres of petrol..

You see eh, when tribalism and stupidity engulfs your soul, you will never understand that karma exist

Now, the Fulanis, hausa, yorubas, and igbos will suffer unnecessarily because some zombies and wailers supported incompetence of unimaginable proportions.

Lets keep fighting ourselves while your president, governor enjoy themselves with your loot
All governors from both PDP, APC, AGPA and any other party out there made the decision, so it's a Nigerian thing and not really party!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by seraphz: 11:57am On May 21, 2021
Nothing will surprise me again in this Country

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by BigYash: 11:57am On May 21, 2021
BMC crew how market? Hunger go kill all of una one after the other for supporting evil government..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Ihatemumu: 11:57am On May 21, 2021
Ignorance is dangerous, but when a collective group of people are ignorant, it's more dangerous than any weapon.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by chidooh1: 11:58am On May 21, 2021
Iam not too sure if Nigerians would take this, it might be the end of the country called Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by millhouse: 11:58am On May 21, 2021
Conner44:
it is finished. abeg i pass my neighbour fit use gas or diesel? any way to do the conversion?
expect an increase in solar/ inverter alternative energy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by TruthinAction: 11:58am On May 21, 2021
Let the suffering continue so that it will push Nigerians to a nation wide revolution that will end this wicked government.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by nurudeen181(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2021
hybrid77:
I'm so happy that Nigerians (not APC or PDP SUPPORTERS grin) will pay almost 400 naira per litre..

So the wailers and zombies, who spend all their time fighting for their Candidates here on nairaland, will end up paying as much as N4000 for 10 litres of petrol..

You see eh, when tribalism and stupidity engulfs your soul, you will never understand that karma exist

Now, the Fulanis, hausa, yorubas, and igbos will suffer unnecessarily because some zombies and wailers supported incompetence of unimaginable proportions.

Lets keep fighting ourselves while your president, governor enjoy themselves with your loot
you are no difference from what you just wrote
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by emmnprince(m): 12:02pm On May 21, 2021
Kccheechy:
God, make way for your children.. How can we be buying 10litres of petrol for 4k??

We must buy o! We no get choice once the audio subsidy has been removed completely! Shebi na we dey support our imcompetent, no vision, leaders!

This is the price we all may pay whether you be passive, active or spectator supporters of dem clueless folks!
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 21, 2021
For those who think subsidy was removed...

1.In 2012, and 2015 what happened was that subsides were partially removed.

2.In brief, prices are raised to a point where subsides can be paid at a level that is affrordable to governemnt

3.However, costs keep on rising...so subsides rise...

4.This reaches a point where subsides become unsustainable

5.So government riaises the price, and subsidy falls.....

6.In 2015, government even raised the price till subsidies went away...however, the cost of production of petrol price rose above the subsidy price, till at some point government had to pay subsides again to keep the selling price low.

7.This has been happening since the late 1980's.

8. Initially, prices were subsidsed to a level where NNPC was allowed to make a profit, albeit small...however from the late 1980's, prices were subsidised below NNPC 's prodction cost

9.This led to a serious issue eventually.....not enough profit....refinereis went to the dogs...because not enough cash to maintain

By removing the subsidy, it is hoped that the proifts made attract more investors into the refining business which would lead to prices falling naturally.

10. At the moment, NNPC is running severe losses to keep fuel subsidised. Nigeria has these options

1.Continue subsidisng fuel at a loss, till NNPC collapses

2.Raise taxes to subsidse fuel

3.Take more loans to subsidsie fuel

4.Hope that oil prices rise above $100 again

5.Take more loans and more loans.

(Again, any abuse will be reported to the mods. Sorry, but Nairaland needs to change)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by yazzman(m): 12:02pm On May 21, 2021
Obviously this will triggered civil war...
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by hucknall: 12:03pm On May 21, 2021
By the time Buhari is through. Nigerians will start eating stone. Sai Buhari x10 grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by symbianDON(m): 12:03pm On May 21, 2021
Abeg who can help get togolese citizenship?? I no do Nigeria again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Chirowman(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2021
Is alright
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by nurudeen181(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2021
BigYash:
BMC crew how market? Hunger go kill all of una one after the other for supporting evil government..
please who assured you that yours will be better?
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by eseelvis: 12:04pm On May 21, 2021
[quote author=tauceti23 post=101915178]In 2012, Nigerians were told that subsidy has to go. Nigerians protested, rioted, and the subsidy was brought back under a different name.

Now, we are at the point where we have no choice because

1.We are losing billions to smuggling of cheap fuel

2.We have virtually limited investment in new refienreis because no one is going to come and build refinereis with price controls so low

3.We are running out of spare cash to keep fuel prices low. Oil is not as high as it used to be

4.We don't have a high tax to gdp ratio to pay for subsidies

So, inasmuch as I don't like APC, and think they have failed...it is time we said goodbye to subsidy.

Or we keep on taking loans and more loans to make up for the money lost for paying subsides.

And look, we can remove Buhari tomorrow.,....we can bring back GEJ, we can split the country, we can do whatever...but it still does not change the fact that we cannot keep on subsidisng fuel, or lying to ourselves by partially removing subsidy and bringing it back when prices rise.

All our neighbours, including the oil producers pay higher

Time we faced reality.

P.S If you abuse me, I report you to the mods. And any questions will be met with the response: Go and read about subsidy and why it is bad...and also 'How should we fund a subsidy'. I have supported subsidy removal since 2012. And I think it is high time we woke up to the fact.

Again any abuse will be reported to the mods.

will said sir, but do you think that subsidy is actually the cause of her current economic situation, sir how are you sure that if the subsidy is totally removed that the money will not be looted, we have leaders that are not trustworthy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of El-rufai On Abuja-Kaduna Train This Afternoon / Policemen Boo Gov Matawalle After Bandits’ Murder Of 13 Colleagues / Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.