Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features (2013 Views)

TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta / TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) / My Tecno Spark Experience (battery Life) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Marvel6233(m): 1:35pm On May 21, 2021
Finally, A Tecno Phone don get major software update. E choke !!!.. lolz..

Alright guys, so in this video below is the Tecno Camon 17 in full action running the latest Android 12 beta software. I installed the Android 12 on it, and even though the Google software is still under development, however, at its preliminary stage it brings multiple significant changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuCsc673Fz4

Make una happy for Tecno.. who nor happy get beef coz Finally e not easy for them to get this kind hope and live am Las las

Meanwhile, more features are still expected to be added before August, when the final launch event will hold.

1 Like

Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Youngpo413: 9:41pm On May 21, 2021
Android 12 live tiles...
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Yourfav: 9:45pm On May 21, 2021
They're doing well
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by thepoweruser(m): 10:13pm On May 21, 2021
Really impressed with Tecno, though is it just me or does that beta look much uglier than the one Google showed on 17 May (yes, I watched it). Anyway, I have a few observations, OP:
1.) Where is the Privacy Dashboard? Camera and microphone indicators? (in my opinion, these are the most important Android 12 features)
2.) The adaptive themes, are they available? (I mean the wallpaper-based adaptive themes)
3.) I also noticed that Android 12 looks much snappier than before. So does that beta on the 17. Hope when the final release comes out, Tecno will not choke it with bloat.
4.) Please tell me Tecno has removed that bloody battery optimization (or at least improved it).
5.) Lastly but by no means the least,I hope they'll actually release the final version to the Camon 17 and also update Spark 6, Spark7P, Camon 16 Premier, Pouvoir 4 Power and other devices that launched with Android 11 out of the box i.e at least a MAJOR OS upgrade. Make e nor stop here oh.
Big ups to Transsion. Keep it up!
PS: Ehhh, awon Infinix ati itel angry she ti ri egbon yin? E she dada jor!
Update us o @OP.
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Marvel6233(m): 2:09am On May 22, 2021
thepoweruser:
Really impressed with Tecno, though is it just me or does that beta look much uglier than the one Google showed on 17 May (yes, I watched it). Anyway, I have a few observations, OP:
1.) Where is the Privacy Dashboard? Camera and microphone indicators? (in my opinion, these are the most important Android 12 features)
2.) The adaptive themes, are they available? (I mean the wallpaper-based adaptive themes)
3.) I also noticed that Android 12 looks much snappier than before. So does that beta on the 17. Hope when the final release comes out, Tecno will not choke it with bloat.
4.) Please tell me Tecno has removed that bloody battery optimization (or at least improved it).
5.) Lastly but by no means the least,I hope they'll actually release the final version to the Camon 17 and also update Spark 6, Spark7P, Camon 16 Premier, Pouvoir 4 Power and other devices that launched with Android 11 out of the box i.e at least a MAJOR OS upgrade. Make e nor stop here oh.
Update us o @OP.

Yeah, I'll.. just make sure you are at alert to see my updates
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Freelancerx: 3:52pm On May 23, 2021
thepoweruser:
Update us o @OP.
you've asked all the important questions. @OP please we dey wait
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by hoilakes(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2021
great to know this... thanks for sharing
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by dankwoska: 5:36pm On May 23, 2021
This beta version be got cool features but still waiting for the full stuff,

And it's cool TECNO too is in this for their users
Marvel6233:

Alright guys, so in this video below is the Tecno Camon 17 in full action running the latest Android 12 beta software. I installed the Android 12 on it, and even though the Google software is still under development, however, at its preliminary stage it brings multiple significant changes.

Make una happy for Tecno.. who nor happy get beef coz Finally e not easy for them to get this kind hope and live am Las las

Meanwhile, more features are still expected to be added before August, when the final launch event will hold.
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Yinksy09(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2021
Nice
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by iseoluwanimi: 9:15pm On May 23, 2021
Nice 1
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Mohbola(f): 9:29pm On May 23, 2021
this is good sha make other phones fit receive the updates remain now
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Chuksteric(m): 12:43am On May 24, 2021
Don't buy this phone because of any beta update. The phantom 5, 6, camon c8, and all the sparks all received beta update but only the spark 5 recently received the android 10 stable update. This is just for bragging rights. Tecno sucks when it comes to software support and development

3 Likes

Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Ajilenu: 5:30am On May 24, 2021
Marvel6233:

this one make sense. Tecno try for this one.
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Ajilenu: 5:31am On May 24, 2021
Chuksteric:
Don't buy this phone because of any beta update. The phantom 5, 6, camon c8, and all the sparks all received beta update but only the spark 5 recently received the android 10 stable update. This is just for bragging rights. Tecno sucks when it comes to software support and development
im sure it'll definitely be upgraded, besides one can port back to the old android version.
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Chuksteric(m): 8:30am On May 24, 2021
Ajilenu:
im sure it'll definitely be upgraded, besides one can port back to the old android version.
You're sure?? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Freelancerx: 9:50am On May 24, 2021
Chuksteric:
I can wager that the 17 series will receive the stable update.
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Ajilenu: 10:11am On May 24, 2021
Chuksteric:

You're sure?? grin grin
if you ask me if I'm sure then it means I'm working with them but I have this feeling they'll upgrade it. Check it, they've upgraded all the devices they are releasing so what will make this different?
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by thepoweruser(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2021
Freelancerx:
I can wager that the 17 series will receive the stable update.

Can you wager your house? wink grin cheesy
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by harryodilli19(m): 11:03am On May 24, 2021
Good to see that the Tecno Camon 17 series will be receiving the Android 12 update. Wish I owned the Tecno Camon 17...
Love the 48MP camera, helio chip and the huge battery
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Freelancerx: 11:18am On May 24, 2021
thepoweruser:

Can you wager your house? wink grin cheesy
yes na because no be me hold the papers grin
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Freelancerx: 12:15pm On May 24, 2021
harryodilli19:
Good to see that the Tecno Camon 17 series will be receiving the Android 12 update. Wish I owned the Tecno Camon 17...
you can still own it. It's not late grin
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Eyanbahose: 1:24pm On May 24, 2021
They try. What about the main version? When will it be ready
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Eyanbahose: 1:25pm On May 24, 2021
harryodilli19:
its 5000mah ba?
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Breastfeed: 5:47pm On May 24, 2021
nice one, thanks for sharing
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by YangaBabe: 6:02pm On May 24, 2021
cool information, this is really good to know, na to buy Camon 17 remain
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Olaniyyi(m): 7:17pm On May 29, 2021
dankwoska:
This beta version be got cool features but still waiting for the full stuff,

And it's cool TECNO too is in this for their users

For those looking how to install this update, read this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/6565038/how-upgrade-tecno-camon-17
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by dankwoska: 9:22am On May 30, 2021
grin cool thanks for this
Olaniyyi:

For those looking how to install this update, read this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/6565038/how-upgrade-tecno-camon-17
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Niswayne19: 10:07pm On May 30, 2021
Olaniyyi:

Nice thanks for this
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by Corroro: 8:03pm On May 31, 2021
nice one, this is really good to know
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by scarycuteface(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2021
Olaniyyi:

this is helpful
Re: How I Installed Android 12 on my Tecno Camon 17: tips, tricks + features by saratackit: 9:44pm On May 31, 2021
Wow the camon 17 series or just the pro PLEASE?

(1) (Reply)

Why RAM Clockspeed And Core Counts Are Useless Gaming Specs? / Latest Price Of Nokia 5230 / BB Z10 Screen Capture Instructions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.