Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity (32361 Views)

Peter Obi, Bola Tinubu And Atiku Home States(photos) / After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity (pic) / Power Restored In Kaduna After 3 Days Of Blackout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Olawalelead(m): 7:27am On May 22, 2021
engrchykae:
Why will atiku care?
When he can have his own power station supplying power only to his house?
People don't actually know how these politicians think.
They want to be the only people enjoying good things.
It pains them to see others enjoying.
From atiku in adamawa,to kwankwaso in Kano,to Azikiwe to GEJ to tinubu etc
They are all unrepentant elitists.
You think only dantata and atiku can't remove almajiris from the streets of the north and give them scholarships in UK?
I mean ALL OF THE ALMAJIRIS.
but keeping the almajiris poor is the vision of their human God(armadu Bello)
The poor will be manure for the Rich.
Even zik believed in armadu Bello's legacy when he said"education is for the Rich"
It is only awolowo that believe otherwise and he was sidelined by the evil duo.
Hmmm!!!
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Onepeople: 7:30am On May 22, 2021
Deborah98:
Wait I didn't read well, Like what was he doing while in power omo and he's claiming to do better as president,I reserve my comment.
have you find out if the man you supported for two tenure have LIGHT in his community ?
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Deadlytruth(m): 7:31am On May 22, 2021
jaxxy:

Obasanjos administration was an unusual one because it was a pioneer administration and needed to deal with bigger national issues than ogun state at the time. It was not the time to carry egba or ogun state for head and didn’t u guys have a governor?

Obasanjo has to deal with bigger issues of fixing and uniting the country not playing to the fantasies of his kinsmen. This is why he was largely a good president despite his misgivings.
So how exactly did Obasanjo end up fixing and uniting the country when Northerners cried of marginalization throughout his reign? How come he united the country with his ordered genocides in Odi and Zakibiam and his decision to, in pursuit of political capital for 2003 election, ignore Boko Haram when it could have been nipped in the bud very easily? If the duty of fixing power in Ogun State and nationwide was not his as you would have us believe, then why did he delve into power sector reforms through which he ended up stealing $16.6bn as revealed by Yaradua his own anointed and imposed godson? Was the pettiness of fighting Lagos State and withholding her allocation over LGAs creation which he occupied himself with also part of the bigger and more relevant national issues you claim he had to deal with? Was his seeking of a third term which could have led to a constitutional crisis and a possible second civil war an act of uniting the nation? Were his introduction of godfatherism, politics of candidates imposition, political assassinations, ballot box snatching and gun shots at pooling booths all part of the bigger national task of uniting the country which you credit him with? What of his gag on the press which saw him demolish AIT building twice in Abuja? The list of Obasanjo's misrule is endless.
A man who was largely a good president according to you but was so insensitive that on his last day in office he did his eleventh increase in pump price even though he had absolutely nothing to show for his ten previous increases.
You can defend Obasanjo because he is your brother from Ogun State but we all actually know that he was a man who had a very good chance to give Nigeria a genuine beginning through a total overhaul of the system thus setting the country's foot back on the path of rapid development and industrialization from which his military establishment derailed it in 1966 but failed to achieve due to his pettiness, bloated ego and ineptitude.

2 Likes

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Tareq1105: 7:32am On May 22, 2021
Who doesn't know that Atikulooooter was only looking for opportunity to loot more.

He's not bothered, no shame but I blamed buhari.

Difrent:
Blame Buhari
Blame Apc
This is the height of marginalization, how can they not have light for 25 years , a whole local government headquarters.

To say your party was in power for 16 out of those 25 years and you couldn't connect your village to electricity.....shame

3 Likes

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by TimmyTen(m): 7:34am On May 22, 2021
Fear North… grin
donbachi:
North!
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Maobichek: 7:36am On May 22, 2021
Golan007:
And Atiku was VP for 8 years.

He's even touted to be a billionaire.

grin

Shameless Caemrounian.

Good morning, sometimes it's good we do away with cheap politics and be objective, Atiku was in the Nigerian Custom for over 20 years, he was the former vice president for 8 years. Let assume he is from Cameron as you said; he has achieve more in Nigeria, the position he attended in Nigeria, you and me may not come close to being number 2 citizen in our own country.

Politics is good but try and be objective and sincere when playing it cos the man you called a Cameronian has benefited more than you and me in our own country, thank you.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by budusky05(m): 7:38am On May 22, 2021
Deborah98:
Wait I didn't read well, Like what was he doing while in power omo and he's claiming to do better as president,I reserve my comment.

Him and GEJ were busy looting the country dry
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Anijay1212(m): 7:40am On May 22, 2021
Jesu!!!

shocked grin cheesy
MALIGNANTGuest:
Thought they said he's a Cameroonian?
So Nigeria has produced a Cameroonian as Vice President. The next one may be a MALIAN..
angry
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by JONSYN7154: 7:44am On May 22, 2021
Why is it Atiku's village now? Sheybi una tok say him comot from Cameroon?

Stupid politicians.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Raph82(m): 7:50am On May 22, 2021
DedeNkem:

I'm neither an APC nor PDP member. I'm just curious. What power does a Vice President have to do that? Do you know that the Vice only does jobs the President delegates to him?

And his time in office as the Vice President was marred by his feud with Obasanjo, the then President, because of the latter's infamous failed third-term bid.

Many odds were against him, so I don't know how anyone expected him to do anything. Unless you expected him (as a billionaire) to fund the project with his personal fund. But I must ask, how many politicians have done similar thing for the their constituents with their own money?

I don't support Atiku or claim he is an Angel. He's corrupt like others, but we need to be frank and be cautious before making unrealistic allegations.
He's not even from the local government they said he's from. The facts are there to check. He's from Jada LGA.

1 Like

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Inshsak: 7:53am On May 22, 2021
Olayetan:

Nope
He's been supplying them powerbanks to power their devices.
Lol
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by biobab23(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2021
Praxis758:
And this supposed town produced an illustrious son whose base of Dubai but wanted to occupy Aso Rock in order to loot and develop Dubai the more

Atiku get too much properties scattered all over Dubai here from owning high residential building to unlimited hotels
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Raph82(m): 8:03am On May 22, 2021
EmekaA125:

Being from Jeda or not doesn't change the fact that his impacts wasn't felt by his people as Fmr VP for 8years.
Charity begins at home not Dubai. I'm highly disappointed in him.
No past leader has ever invested in his state like these guy o, the facts are there to check bro. He has majority of his business in his state. He's among the highest employers of labour in Nigeria. Just check the facts bro. I can't vote for him for any reason, but that doesn't stop me from getting the right information about issues in my country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by kennyamusan(m): 8:05am On May 22, 2021
At least they can put their "Milano" aside
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Whatshallido: 8:11am On May 22, 2021
MERCHANDISER:
Atiku is a Cameroonian...

So Nigeria is now supplying Cameroonian communities light

Okoooooo. U dey see am so?
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Sickmod(m): 8:19am On May 22, 2021
E shock me!
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Friend22(m): 8:28am On May 22, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Just wow.
I cringe to imagine that a former number two citizen's place didn't have electricity supply ....well I'm not surprised because we've never had leaders all we have are LOOTERS!

....We need young visionary leaders!
Our past & present political leaders are charlatans.

Exactly!!!
@SeniorWriter

Don't even go there.
Even with what I am seeing you will be far worse than those you curse and insult.

How are we even sure if you don't even do small small cheating here and there and also give kickbacks.
Or,you think people don't know you?

Keep lying to yourself.

As old as America and England are,they don't elect small boys to lead their countries.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Golan007: 8:30am On May 22, 2021
[s]
Maobichek:

Good morning, sometimes it's good we do away with cheap politics and be objective, Atiku was in the Nigerian Custom for over 20 years, he was the former vice president for 8 years. Let assume he is from Cameron as you said; he has achieve more in Nigeria, the position he attended in Nigeria, you and me may not come close to being number 2 citizen in our own country.

Politics is good but try and be objective and sincere when playing it cos the man you called a Cameronian has benefited more than you and me in our own country, thank you.

[/s]
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by jaxxy(m): 8:36am On May 22, 2021
Deadlytruth:

So how exactly did Obasanjo end up fixing and uniting the country when Northerners cried of marginalization throughout his reign? How come he united the country with his ordered genocides in Odi and Zakibiam and his decision to, in pursuit of political capital for 2003 election, ignore Boko Haram when it could have been nipped in the bud very easily? If the duty of fixing power in Ogun State and nationwide was not his as you would have us believe, then why did he delve into power sector reforms through which he ended up stealing $16.6bn as revealed by Yaradua his own anointed and imposed godson? Was the pettiness of fighting Lagos State and withholding her allocation over LGAs creation which he occupied himself with also part of the bigger and more relevant national issues you claim he had to deal with? Was his seeking of a third term which could have led to a constitutional crisis and a possible second civil war an act of uniting the nation? Were his introduction of godfatherism, politics of candidates imposition, political assassinations, ballot box snatching and gun shots at pooling booths all part of the bigger national task of uniting the country which you credit him with? What of his gag on the press which saw him demolish AIT building twice in Abuja? The list of Obasanjo's misrule is endless.
A man who was largely a good president according to you but was so insensitive that on his last day in office he did his eleventh increase in pump price even though he had absolutely nothing to show for his ten previous increases.
You can defend Obasanjo because he is your brother from Ogun State but we all actually know that he was a man who had a very good chance to give Nigeria a genuine beginning through a total overhaul of the system thus setting the country's foot back on the path of rapid development and industrialization from which his military establishment derailed it in 1966 but failed to achieve due to his pettiness, bloated ego and ineptitude.

U have said nothing bt little issues here and there, which government doesn’t have issues. Surprisingly U forgort to mention his fight with his vp atiku while at it.

This is where it gets sadder, non of his successors has done better than him even with his so called terrible record. So maybe it’s a case of in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Yes obasanjo United more than he divided, u can’t possibly please everybody u can only try because u need time to get certain things right. Like I said America also isn’t perfect bt they are growing and correcting the systems that is what is important.

Obasanjo cud have possibly fixed all the numerous issues we have because u need a lot of time, work bf he laid the foundation with EFCC and many others. He had a developmental blueprint bt yaradua thought otherwise.

The local government creation issue was a political move by tinubu to retain power in Lagos illegally and obasanjo wasn’t going to support that. It had not to do with helping lagosians and obj saw tinubus cunning move.

I never said obasanjo was perfect neither has any us President bt they all do their bit in moving their country forward not backward.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Jungleluv5: 8:39am On May 22, 2021
Selfish leader former VP home town for 25 years no electricity and you want to be president of Nigeria that means if your town can be in total darkness for 25 years then what will happen if Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by stupidmod3: 8:45am On May 22, 2021
so from there news it says they are installing them, no light yet ooo soo b looking @ d next reelection campaign, vote us in so u can now get d light
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by DedeNkem: 8:49am On May 22, 2021
Raph82:
He's not even from the local government they said he's from. The facts are there to check. He's from Jada LGA.

You see! People can be very disingenuous.
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Meritocracy: 8:50am On May 22, 2021
Atiku prefer staying in Dubai where some visionary leaders built and put his hometown in darkness. Omo ale jatijati

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by ThePlugg(m): 8:54am On May 22, 2021
Shame
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by adekolaelect(m): 9:14am On May 22, 2021
That is the reason he relocated to Dubai .A sensible Nigerians will know what Atiku interested is to get money from Nigeria and get back to his comfort zone .Atikus body languages is telling the wise that his choice of living is either Aso Rock or other countries like Dubai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Doyin2(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2021
So a billionaire could not empower his hometown with off grid electricity?

Shame!
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Doyin2(m): 9:21am On May 22, 2021
So a billionaire could not light up his hometown with off grid electricity?

Shame!
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Gbogbowa: 9:24am On May 22, 2021
Atiku fought Apc to standstill to make finitiri a governor,so praise still goes to Atiku
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Josywhyte: 9:27am On May 22, 2021
And what is Atiku coming to do in 2023? To be voted as president? Na,it won't work. Oga if for years ur home town light no dey for over 20 years,that means if u be come presido e don be for us be that I swear. Na candle we go dey use everyday be that. U just lost respect oga. Moreover, I no even like politicians,police, army,and PMB
Re: After 25 Years Of Blackout, Atiku’s Home Town Gets Electricity by Nobody: 9:30am On May 22, 2021
Maobichek:

This is an Igbo Atiku worshipper take him serious at the detriment of your brain cells

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal / Tinubu Must Beg Saraki Else His Ministerial Nominees Will Suffer / I Respect Hausa People But Not Fulani - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.