Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? (13100 Views)

HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. / How Many Dayz Does It Take NIPOST To Deliver The Msg / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by azorjiu(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2007
Did you feel like jumping into an ocean, river or a pond?

Did you shout at the consular officer?

Did you walk out in shame, considering that people were gazing at you?

Did you take it manly/womanly and saw it as one of those things?

Did you wash the news down with a whole crate of star?

Did you smoke a cigarette to down the news?

I really wonder how it feels.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by mohadana: 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2007
no comment.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by tboy1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2007
, no comment either
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Vicjustice: 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2007
embarassed
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by opensource(m): 12:39am On Aug 02, 2007
haahaha first time i was refused i was crazy asking me self jamb questions lol

the second time i just smiled

you always feel like not telling anyone u were denied but you would with time

no other comment
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by chukwuok: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2007
Men it waz hell i don tell my guyz say make dem meet for lords club for meryland and i had to cancel the groove as in i felt like shit but its 1 of those things u knw that was american embassy 2004 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by swiftycool(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2007
cry I guess its gotta hurt, but it aint the end of the world
im not gonna pretend like i know how it feels, all ur dreams crashing down and shit
But i  believe this
if at first you dont succeed, u need to dust yourself up and try again
i have an inlaw who was denied 6 times but finally got it on 7th try
Today he is a big time Legit entreprenure in the UK bringing in millions for Naija and uk  grin

I wonder what would have happened if he quit just after the 6th time?   undecided

Good luck on your next try, may God be with u, Whoever needs these words. PEACE  smiley
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by uau(m): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2007
i was at italian embassy 2003.i was supposed to go for a technical training and this was sponsored by the institution inviting us. accomodation, feeding was guaranteed for 3 weeks duration of our proposed stay. the IV was valid and the company account statement was being used as it was official.

we were denied visa because some igbo boys masqueraded as technical engineers the previous year to go to this institution. when they arrived, they attended the first day lecture and bothered not to come again prefering to buy shoes etc. to go and sell back in nigeria.

this was a bad image for the country and led to my visa denial.

i was in the taiwanese embassy in abuja last week for a visa interview to proceed for a technical training organised by one of our distributors in taiwan.we were earlier given reqirement which we have fullfilled and even our CEO just returned from taiwan. we did the interview. we were submitted valid invoices sent by our partners to show that we are doing an authentic business.

guess what, we were told that a month ago a young igbo guy ran away.he was part of another IT company's delegation to the annual ICT exhibition that was held in taiwan.we have not been allocated a visa number after 1 week of interview. something that is supposed to be done in 3 days and our passports are not virgin.

i met an igbo guy at the embassy and the conversation was like this:

igbo guy - ''nna this embassy wahala too much''
igbo guy- ''i was in austria, singapore embassy last week"
me-"what for?why do u want to travel"
igbo guy-"nna for business. i want to travel with my uncle and they said i would run away. i told them i would not run away"
igbo guy-"don't go to malaysia, i travelled there and at the airport we were returned back to nigeria"
igbo guy-"nna those guys no like nigeria at all"

the summary of all these is that the sins of defaulters are being visited on nigerians with genuine intention to travel out.
this should stop.

i rest my case.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by azorjiu(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2007
uau,

i don't understand what you were driving at.

all rejections you have ever got was as a result of some igbo boys with evil intentions?

not a very brilliant comment friend.

you could do better by leaving tribe out of this. it never got us anywhere.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by D1O(m): 4:27am On Aug 03, 2007
uau:

i was at italian embassy 2003.i was supposed to go for a technical training and this was sponsored by the institution inviting us. accomodation, feeding was guaranteed for 3 weeks duration of our proposed stay. the IV was valid and the company account statement was being used as it was official.

we were denied visa because some igbo boys masqueraded as technical engineers the previous year to go to this institution. when they arrived, they attended the first day lecture and bothered not to come again prefering to buy shoes etc. to go and sell back in nigeria.

this was a bad image for the country and led to my visa denial.

i was in the taiwanese embassy in abuja last week for a visa interview to proceed for a technical training organised by one of our distributors in taiwan.we were earlier given reqirement which we have fullfilled and even our CEO just returned from taiwan. we did the interview. we were submitted valid invoices sent by our partners to show that we are doing an authentic business.

guess what, we were told that a month ago a young igbo guy ran away.he was part of another IT company's delegation to the annual ICT exhibition that was held in taiwan.we have not been allocated a visa number after 1 week of interview. something that is supposed to be done in 3 days and our passports are not virgin.

i met an igbo guy at the embassy and the conversation was like this:

igbo guy - ''nna this embassy wahala too much''
igbo guy- ''i was in austria, singapore embassy last week"
me-"what for?why do u want to travel"
igbo guy-"nna for business. i want to travel with my uncle and they said i would run away. i told them i would not run away"
igbo guy-"don't go to malaysia, i travelled there and at the airport we were returned back to nigeria"
igbo guy-"nna those guys no like nigeria at all"

the summary of all these is that the sins of defaulters are being visited on nigerians with genuine intention to travel out.
this should stop.

i rest my case.

thats a whole lod of crap man. So what you are telling us is that Igbo boys are now the sole reason for visa denials abi? Na waa for you ooo

A litlle bit of unsolicited advice, take your time to fill your forms, answer he questions asked, provide NECESSARY, COMPLETE and AUTHENTIC documentation and believe me your visa would be granted. And always remember that the standard is to a balance of probability and the burden of proof is on you, the applicant. So make sure you provide verifiable documents. Do not think the Visa official should be able to figure this out or figure that out. They are like robots and even when they know what you genuinely mean, they'd like to see prof for that.

Take it from someone who knows, and who hasbenn thru it all, your visa failure was directly your fault. Dont blame it on anyone else.

Peace, nay Shalom
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by wendymanda: 2:16am On Aug 25, 2007
The question of the thread was " How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa?" Not "Which tribe causes others from Visa. How do you know Igbo boys are the one that ruined it? Did the people at the respect embassy tell you some Igbo boys did it?

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by labiyemmy(m): 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2007
kill yourself because they saved u the agony of going abroad to wipe butts?
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by dapsycool(m): 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2007
Igbo kwenu! Abi no be so? I'm not tribal here but una too like business. Anyway those mumus at the embassy no send 9ija, infact some they do random denial of visa, even if all your documents are orijo, Na their own problem be that since i've never being denied and wont
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by guseman(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2007
The day my visa was denied, i was just laughing one crasy laughter like dat.Then the ECO asked me, Are you Ok, I said yes and keep on laughing because I dont know what next to do.
My Visa application enquiry took 6 mths to be completed-i applied march 2002 and was denied nov. 2002,apologising that my case file was mistakingly filed away, things they happen o-anywhere that one don pass and just looking forward to applying for visa again soon but this time around, i dont think it will be student Visa.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by azorjiu(m): 6:28am On Sep 06, 2007
guseman says
but this time around, i don't think it will be student Visa.
Peace.

i don't think so as well.
That was 2002. Five years ago.
You should have had a phd by now.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by cherilove(f): 9:25am On Sep 06, 2007
ive been reading all this threads on uk visas and the truth is that the tension that follows afterwards is something else,and as the day draws closer i cant even sleep without thinking about it in my subconscious.I wish i had read all this before applying for a visa.
Thing is i applied for a student visa recently and im still waiting for a response and my course starts on the 17th(university of greenwich).I was denied last year but it was for a visitors visa and i know how it felt.Right now i am just praying seriously like ive never done before although i think i did my part in submitting credible documents,though i paid just 40%of the tuition fees.

well for all those still i the waitng game,i think we should pray,pray and pray cos i strongly believe God has the final say,keep our fingers crossed and hope for a favourable outcome.thats all we can do abi?
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by guseman(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2007
@Azo,
U really amaze me grin.Then i was going for a foundation year in 2002.
So within the last five years, i have been able to complete a National Diploma in Science Lab. Tech and i just graduated with a b.sc from Unilorin.
So i think the time is not wasted.Or better still if i will apply for a visa now, it will be for Master prog. or 4 a professional course.
Ph.D. ?am still far from it, but i believe i can achive it anyway!
@ Cherilove,
My sis, pls dont lose hope, Visa success is just by luck and correct calculations and permutations. my brother just got a visa last week without paying any amount to the school, although we are able to prove that we have suffient money to pay, but paying is not the only thing to garantee a visa success,just to show a sign that you are committed.although He applied last year but was refused visa, they we appealed, then we won,becos we tackle the ECO baseless refusal statement with correct proves.
He will soon by flying to UK, So dont give up.At least you gain more experience when u try to achieve something.It was my experience from my own application and the guy;s faith that worked the impossible, just stay focused ok, u will get there oneday.
I wish u all the best,where there is a will, there is a way!
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by azorjiu(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2007
guseman:

@Azo,
You really amaze me grin.Then i was going for a foundation year in 2002.
So within the last five years, i have been able to complete a National Diploma in Science Lab. Tech and i just graduated with a b.sc from Unilorin.
So i think the time is not wasted.Or better still if i will apply for a visa now, it will be for Master prog. or 4 a professional course.

Oh, I see your point. I was only curious.
You are a star!

Nice you studied during these years.
I know a guy who has been applying for MSc student visa for the past 5 years.
I'm not yet sure if he has submitted his application for next year spring.
He just got rejected for autumn.
He should have got himself an MSc degree in nigeria during these wasted years
and possibly got a sponsored phd abroad if he was so inclined to travel abroad.
Who doesn't know it much earsier to get visa and funding (not in UK) for phd abroad than for an MSc
Try USA and CANADA is you can make good GRE/GMAT scores.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by guseman(m): 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2007
@azo,
thanks am flattered.
I know that you are a great man!!! A man of Valor!
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by luvlawyer(f): 11:18am On Sep 07, 2007
MY DEAR,
it is either visa hardly knows God or God doesnt give a shit about visa i have no idea,
but i believe that you need knowledge and wisdom,

the truth is we are wise in naija, at times negatively!!! but we are hardly knowledgeable! chikena!!!
na your government you go blame for lack of info and knowledge.

cherilove:

ive been reading all this threads on uk visas and the truth is that the tension that follows afterwards is something else,and as the day draws closer i can't even sleep without thinking about it in my subconscious.I wish i had read all this before applying for a visa.
Thing is i applied for a student visa recently and im still waiting for a response and my course starts on the 17th(university of greenwich).I was denied last year but it was for a visitors visa and i know how it felt.Right now i am just praying seriously like ive never done before although i think i did my part in submitting credible documents,though i paid just 40%of the tuition fees.

well for all those still i the waitng game,i think we should pray,pray and pray because i strongly believe God has the final say,keep our fingers crossed and hope for a favourable outcome.thats all we can do abi?
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by kalle: 9:20am On Mar 27, 2008
how does it feels, when i applied for a tourist visa and they said that they denied it i feel like i want to shout don't want to talk to anyone and i also grabbed a bottle of beer or two, the second time i was again denied i felt like I'm tearing up into pieces, i want to give up and losing hope asking myself whats wrong or am i one hell of a dumb not to make it until now i still don't feel like myself always teary eyes cry it was really hard especially when you really want to be with the person your about to visit sad i also try to cut my wrist
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by ty4real(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2008
I had this indifferent feeling sha wen I was denied visa,as in people expected me to react somehow but I just felt what the heck,they are only keeping it for me cause I ma still gonna get it at the end of the day grin ;DVisa refusal is not the end of the world and you dont have to act and look desperate when it ocmes to visa.When you rae good western world will loook for !Tuface for example,hin no read now but make hin show face for any embassy then never born the ECO wey go refuse am.So when you re refused do something worthwhile,add value to your personality visa will coem looking for u grin grin ;DAm adding value to myself so when I show up at dem embassy I wont be refused. wink wink
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Vicjustice: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2008
ty4real:

Tuface for example,hin no read now but make hin show face for any embassy then never born the ECO wey go refuse am.

Perhaps it will interest you to know that even Snoop Doggy was refused a UK visa:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tm_headline=p-diddy-and-snoop-cancel-scottish-gig&method=full&objectid=18817668&siteid=66633-name_page.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/mar/28/musicnews.music
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by almondjoy(f): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2008
I have never been refused one in my life. . .but I would be devastated. . .since I know my life depended on it! kiss

If I was refused visa to Togo. . . I will pray for death promptly!
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by kenflipper(m): 12:40am On Mar 28, 2008
The day i was refused,, my GOD went home quietly, waited for my girlfriend to come and she asked i smiled, but deep inside i said before u leave me if i tell u the bad news i will have my last round!!!,
I laid her down, for every question i failed to answer d consular officer i steamed her sexually wit it, gush it was sensual i have never had such energy drive to have sex. After that d next day i told her the news!, she said she wished all embassies could keep denying me so i can put d blame on her sexually, she said she like my sexual drive when i m denied. So on my next interview i went wishing to be denied so my sexual drive can come out!, but guess wht. I GOT IT!!!, GOT home and couldnt perform sexually she was mad and coursed d day d visa was issued.

I still keep in touch wit her.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Vicjustice: 2:06am On Mar 30, 2008
shocked What can i say?
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by brownbonno(m): 7:11am On Mar 30, 2008
Vicjustice:

shocked What can i say?

Say what you like.Its a free world.

@Tegese,
Aduro, no way.
Well i hail sha.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by TheSly: 1:08am On Mar 31, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! sad
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by ztyle(m): 2:42am On Mar 31, 2008
@Topic
I haven't xperience such thing but precisely speaking i will feel bad because of the stress involve in getting a VISA.
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Blackcat(f): 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by Nobody: 3:34am On Apr 04, 2008
God forbid bad thing.
debo of all people
Re: How Does It Feel To Be Rejected A Visa? by ikamefa(f): 3:34am On Apr 04, 2008
na head -hunters and arrant nonsense full this thread!

na wah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

WES Evaluation (canada) #help A Novice# / Please I Need To Know If There Are Any Nigerians In Argentina And Chile / FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.