Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? (983 Views)

Corpses Of Corpers Who Drowned In Taraba Sent Back To Their Families. Photo / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members / Enugu Corpers Donate Money To 14-Year-Old Girl Who Had Her Leg Amputated (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by miqos02(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2021
Hello house, my junior sister went for service yesterday and this morning we got a call from someone during training that she got injured during training. The caller said she was charged 10k but her friends have been able to pay 6k so we need to send the balance 4k. We tried calling my sister but network was bad and moreso we were told she was given injection so she could sleep.
I sent the money immediately but it turned out that nothing happened to my sister.

How do I retrieve my money please?

Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by Angbakpa(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2021
G
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by UncleKoboko: 7:50pm On May 22, 2021
grin
Lol!

You should have asked to speak with camp official or use style to ask for video call...

People are really mad in this country.
My wish is to have this encounter with one of these scammers and burst them red-handed in a place where I'll have the upper hand... I swear the scammer will beg for death after I'm done dealing with him or her.
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by DDDEnterprises: 7:54pm On May 22, 2021
Just let it go.

The money you'll use to pursue your goal of apprehending him and retrieving your money may even surpass the money self.

Just let it go bro. And learn from the experience.

1 Like

Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by miqos02(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Just let it go.

The money you'll use to pursue your goal of apprehending him and retrieving your money may even surpass the money self.

Just let it go bro. And learn from the experience.
I don't want other people to fall prey to him, that's why I brought it here.
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by miqos02(m): 8:19pm On May 22, 2021
I got his picture from his WhatsApp profile..

Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by LogotechNg: 10:38pm On May 22, 2021
miqos02:
I got his picture from his WhatsApp profile..
Don't be so sure it's his picture..... Since he is a scammer he can easily use any random image as WhatsApp dp..... We can use the name that appeared on bank account and search on Facebook, Google or any popular social network. Am pretty sure he must be active in one esp. Facebook

Modified: I just checked Facebook and got his profile handle...... He is actually the one on WhatsApp

Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by LogotechNg: 10:45pm On May 22, 2021
Still let it go anyways
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by miqos02(m): 7:16am On May 23, 2021
LogotechNg:

Don't be so sure it's his picture..... Since he is a scammer he can easily use any random image as WhatsApp dp..... We can use the name that appeared on bank account and search on Facebook, Google or any popular social network. Am pretty sure he must be active in one esp. Facebook

Modified: I just checked Facebook and got his profile handle...... He is actually the one on WhatsApp

Wow thanks boss. You did well sir. I appreciate this effort
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by miqos02(m): 7:17am On May 23, 2021
LogotechNg:
Still let it go anyways
others will fall victim sir
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by miqos02(m): 7:20am On May 23, 2021
LogotechNg:

I can see he has lots of friends, I will message some of them that their friend is a scammer.
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by LogotechNg: 2:49pm On May 23, 2021
miqos02:
others will fall victim sir

Okay den do ahead and do wat u hv in mind..... I could have given you suggestions on what to do and he would call u and beg since you already have his social media handle and his active phone number..... Buh it's shikini money he collected from you.... Don't think it's worth so much waste of energy unless u really want to teach him a lesson
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by LogotechNg: 2:50pm On May 23, 2021
miqos02:
I can see he has lots of friends, I will message some of them that their friend is a scammer.
grin grin grin

Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by miqos02(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2021
thanks boss, your suggestions are wellcome sir, i just want to teach him a lesson.
LogotechNg:

Okay den do ahead and do wat u hv in mind..... I could have given you suggestions on what to do and he would call u and beg since you already have his social media handle and his active phone number..... Buh it's shikini money he collected from you.... Don't think it's worth so much waste of energy unless u really want to teach him a lesson
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by fayomim: 3:47pm On May 30, 2021
Teach him a lesson
Re: I Sent Money To A Scammer, Can I Get It Back? by 1TrippleCee: 7:25pm On Jan 19
Na wa o

(1) (Reply)

Corps Members As The Unsung National Heroes! / Nysc Senate List For 2022 Detailed And Explained / Looking For PPA In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.