Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,152 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:38 PM

Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 (9240 Views)

Manchester United Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 15th February 2022 / Liverpool Vs Brighton (2 - 2) - On 30th October, 2021 / Aston Villa Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 23rd May 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by Druss(m): 6:35pm On May 23, 2021
The only thing that matters is that Spurs have ensured Arsenal are not in Europe for the first time in ever and we have finished above l'arse!! Buahahahahaha!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by ofiko123(m): 7:06pm On May 23, 2021
Up gunners Arsenal for life...
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by humberjade: 7:08pm On May 23, 2021
ransomed:

Whoever does not want high blood pressure should never associate with Arsenal FC.

On the bright side, if you have been religiously supporting Arsenal for the past 10 years and your BP is still normal, and with no heart defect whatsoever, my brother your heart is strong enough to withstand any shock.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by ransomed: 7:21pm On May 23, 2021
humberjade:

On the bright side, if you have been religiously supporting Arsenal for the past 10 years and your BP is still normal, and with no heart defect whatsoever, my brother your heart is strong enough to withstand any shock.

No champion's league, no Europa next season. Please you are free to port .
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by johnglefury(m): 7:42pm On May 23, 2021
"I really do hope Arsenal win and still end up missing out on Europe so that they can reset and restrategise for next season."

The most entertaining football league in the world, the English Premier League (EPL) reached its climax today, delicately poised with a race for European football which heated up on the final day.

Chelsea, Liverpool and FA Cup winners, Leicester City went into their respective games knowing that only two of them could qualify for the UEFA Champions League (UCL), while the other settle for the UEFA Europa League (UEL).

Arsenal (my darling) still had a chance at European football next season with Tottenham—who faced Leicester—sitting in the last spot for the newly-created third-tier of European football, the UEFA Conference League (UCL2. Haha!)

I won't bore you with details you don't fancy.

Liverpool won and qualified for the UCL.
Chelsea lost and still qualified for the UCL because Leicester lost to Tottenham, who cemented their spot in Europe for the Conference League.

And so, despite winning today thanks to two goals from the largely criticized most expensive African player, Nico Pepe, Arsenal miss out on European football for the first time in TWENTY-FIVE YEARS!

Phew!

Thank goodness, the team have the chance to return to the drawing board to reset and restore the club's value, pride and prestige.

Go back to my intro.

Yeah, that was my thoughts before going out to watch it happen.

Man City lifted the EPL trophy for the 6th time in their history, with talisman, Sergio Aguero coming off the bench and scoring twice in 20 minutes to give himself a perfect sending off as he'd be headed to Barcelona for his next chapter.

The goals, 187 increased his tally as the highest-scoring non-Englishman in EPL history, and also the most goals for a single team in the EPL, beating Wayne Rooney's 186 goals for city rivals, Manchester United.

I'm happy.

Today has been beautiful.

Did you enjoy yours?

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by humberjade: 8:27pm On May 23, 2021
ransomed:

No champion's league, no Europa next season. Please you are free to port .

Naaah...Forever a loyal fan bro...even if Arsenal relegates, I do not see myself supporting any other team.

It is surely the end of an era...out of Europe for the first time since forever....maybe now the team can concentrate on the league and rebuild next season. The only problem is that most top players would want out, while the team won't be able to attract top signings. Either way nothing is certain. Let's wait and see. grin

Surely...one season in the future...the dead bone shall rise again!!!

Although I am not as passionate as I use to be about the team...even football became boring to me generally since this Covid 19 pandemic started, but still, I am gonna be gooner for life, come rain or sunshine. wink

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by AOTEMN: 2:52am On May 24, 2021
Open your eyes
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by AOTEMN: 2:57am On May 24, 2021
those indoor activities could reopen in the city.
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by mrkings84(m): 6:05am On May 24, 2021
humberjade:

Naaah...Forever a loyal fan bro...even if Arsenal relegates, I do not see myself supporting any other team.

It is surely the end of an era...out of Europe for the first time since forever....maybe now the team can concentrate on the league and rebuild next season. The only problem is that most top players would want out, while the team won't be able to attract top signings. Either way nothing is certain. Let's wait and see. grin

Surely...one season in the future...the dead bone shall rise again!!!

Although I am not as passionate as I use to be about the team...even football became boring to me generally since this Covid 19 pandemic started, but still, I am gonna be gooner for life, come rain or sunshine. wink

My brother if you church can't change you, change your church!
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by humberjade: 6:30am On May 24, 2021
mrkings84:

My brother if you church can't change you, change your church!

Really, I don't know how people do it, jumping from supporting one team to the other...that's how I am with being loyal with people too, even if you keep messing up, I might pull away from you a little, but I will keep supporting even behind you. That's just me bro. wink

If I don like you, i don like you. So brother, leave me and this church of mine alone. wink

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by mrkings84(m): 7:06am On May 24, 2021
humberjade:

Really, I don't know how people do it, jumping from supporting one team to the other...that's how I am with being loyal with people too, even if you keep messing up, I might pull away from you a little, but I will keep supporting even behind you. That's just me bro. wink

If I don like you, i don like you. So brother, leave me and this church of mine alone. wink

It's ok, I like u shall that's y am concern. Your happiness, health and total well being is at stake!
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by humberjade: 7:27am On May 24, 2021
mrkings84:

It's ok, I like u shall that's y am concern. Your happiness, health and total well being is at stake!

Awwww!!! Thanks for your concern bro grin

My happiness, health and total well being is not wholly attached to Arsenal nah...of course I have a life outside football, although not 100% perfect but I am grateful for what I have, and it is enough to make me happy, healthy and well. Football nah just extra curricula in my life bro. grin Again, thanks bro. wink

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by mrkings84(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2021
humberjade:

Awwww!!! Thanks for your concern bro grin

My happiness, health and total well being is not wholly attached to Arsenal nah...of course I have a life outside football, although not 100% perfect but I am grateful for what I have, and it is enough to make me happy, healthy and well. Football nah just extra curricula in my life bro. grin Again, thanks bro. wink

Good, love that. Have a blissful week ahead!
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by humberjade: 8:49am On May 24, 2021
mrkings84:

Good, love that. Have a blissful week ahead!

Thanks...you too!
Re: Arsenal Vs Brighton (2 - 0) On 23rd May 2021 by Mryacks: 10:12pm On May 24, 2021
Adakintroy:
This arteta self. The only thing saving am na him good sense of dressing.

I no just know weda to pray for him sack now or not with this finish.

Lmao...and gel hair grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Norwich City 4 - 1 On 6th October 2012 / Aston Villa Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On March 31st 2012 / ‘PSG Can Stop Pogba’- Draxler Says Ahead Of Champions League Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.